Premium users and its (dis)advantages - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #106
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premium users and its (dis)advantages

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluefan View Post
We are experimenting with plug ins through out the network. Premium members shouldn't see anything there.
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #107
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeMB View Post
because probably you have some program in your PC that blocks the ads.
Otherwise you would suffer from this
No, they're there when I switch to the menstennisforums.com2007. I usually use the old style blue MTF.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #108
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
No, they're there when I switch to the menstennisforums.com2007. I usually use the old style blue MTF.
Cool. I don't like old style blue MTF.
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #109
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

I much prefer it, especially without the ads
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #110
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Deb is correct on this, I am quite sure. The current Premium membership never offered ad-free. It offered less advertisement.

The problem here is more and more advertisements are added and premium members are not excluded from the new ads.
FAS, this is what was on offer in May 2007.

And this is what is on offer now.

For those who signed up for premium/lifetime under the May conditions, they are perfectly entitled to have the 50% less ads that they signed up for. Even if that means it is 50% less of 100 as that is the way it seems to be going around here.

For those signing up now, clearly there can be no complaint. It wasn't worth signing up for back then in my view, because MTF were always liable to move the goalposts. And it certainly wouldn't be worth it now for obvious reasons.

Also agree with Tangy about the "remove ads" link which is clearly misleading, as there are no removal of ads for premium memberships according to the current conditions. Sure, once you read (as you should), what is on offer then people should be able to figure that out for themselves. However, it is misleading nonetheless.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #111
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for those, jayjay, much appreciated. Problem for Verticalscope is that they've set precedent for not following their advertised benefits before. Premium members have always had "Custom Usertitles," even though the first screencap doesn't mention it. We have also always had the option to change usernames every 30 days, even though neither screencap mentions it. By always providing certain benefits even without advertisement and by suddenly removing them, they run the risk of being susceptible to estoppel.

Also, I'm sure it's legal to change the terms of an agreement during a paid partnership, however, I believe that notice is required. Did anyone who paid get notified that the terms of the premium membership were being changed?

Lots of people changed their usernames in reliance of the fact that they would be able to change it 30 days later because that's what had always been allowed. With no notice of the change and after all these months of it being allowed, even if not advertised, it sounds like a perfect situation of some sort of estoppel to me.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:06 AM   #112
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Thanks for those, jayjay, much appreciated. Problem for Verticalscope is that they've set precedent for not following their advertised benefits before. Premium members have always had "Custom Usertitles," even though the first screencap doesn't mention it. We have also always had the option to change usernames every 30 days, even though neither screencap mentions it. By always providing certain benefits even without advertisement and by suddenly removing them, they run the risk of being susceptible to estoppel.

Also, I'm sure it's legal to change the terms of an agreement during a paid partnership, however, I believe that notice is required. Did anyone who paid get notified that the terms of the premium membership were being changed?

Lots of people changed their usernames in reliance of the fact that they would be able to change it 30 days later because that's what had always been allowed. With no notice of the change and after all these months of it being allowed, even if not advertised, it sounds like a perfect situation of estoppel to me.
I got no warning about the username change or anything else for that matter.

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #113
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-07-2008, 02:37 AM   #114
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jayjay.

It's still advertised that premium members can change user titles but obviously it's not right now.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #115
country flag Deboogle!.

I think by "Usertitle" they mean the thing under our names ...... b/c that's worth paying for.....

Old 01-07-2008, 05:36 AM   #116
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it: Premium membership has become a bit of a joke and it's only getting worse.

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #117
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

The namechange thing has been part of the premium membership, eventhough you don't see that on the list. They are looking into that. When we got the new lay out it also disappeared but was restored later on, so I guess it will happen one of these days

in the meantime, feel free to ask a namechange in the Name Change thread. The supermods will change it until the option is back. (And there will be a list with a date so we can check who already got one and how long s/he has to wait until the next one )
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #118
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

That is a good idea of Carlita!

And I'm sorry to say that this is currently the only thing we can do with the tools we have available. The rest of almost all other of your concerns above is up to the technical staff of Verticalscope or whoever is hosting the site, and we don't have more information about this, too.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #119
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help girls
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #120
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

the Premium forum has a thread about the namechanges. Please go in there for details.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote