Premium users and its (dis)advantages - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #61
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premium users and its (dis)advantages

Now....there should be some organization from you guys (premium) and free members too....what's the point to have a premium membership if it adds nothing to a regular one...it's got to be different. MTF has at this moment ...how many...let's say 75% of its posters as potential premium members that giving the circumstances won't even think about becoming one....
I agree now that a change must be done for the good of us all....and making the registration a must (to read all forums) is a good change towards that....or changing the servers which I assume is the least likely thing to happen.

Edit: added

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #62
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baghdatis72 View Post
The first step would be to try to communicate with Steve about our complaints so he can pass them to Verticalscope. To do that we have to organize our complaints and give a good and complete report about them with clear goals.

If we get a negative or no reply there we have to show them that we are not guinea pigs and this changes will reduce the number of posts and hence the value of the forum. To do that we have to organize together though but let's hope that it doesn't come to that.

Have you informed Steve about it then?
#1: there have been some changes in who actually administers this board. That what something I touched on when I mentioned the lack of communication. I am honestly not sure who would even be the proper person to inform about this. #2: Shouldn't this thread be enough? Shouldn't the admin of a big FOR PROFIT forum such as this check the site discussion subforums oh, once a day? I mean, I think it's a fair expectation that Felipe starting this thread should be enough notice to inform the admins that there is unrest here

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #63
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they are still on vacation from Christmas and the New Year.

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #64
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

So why is MTF implying that people can "Remove advertisements" by registering (as per the ads)? Many of us are already registered as premium and the advertisements have not been removed.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #65
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

No surprise the mods/administrators ignore us.

I don't really care about the ads. I don't actually remember any promise to end them for premium users, but I want the option to change my username back!!!!
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:11 AM   #66
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
As far as I was ever aware, the new premium (the old premium never had a lifetime membership, it was per month or per year, I remember because I did pay for the one year, which was 19.99. No lifetime option) membership, which went into effect well active verticalscope took over management of the board (remember, there was no premium available for quite some time), NEVER offered an ad-free experience. And the way I remember it is the same as Neely remembers it, because it actually came up with the enactment of the new premium membership. I'm fairly confident that, in its current form, the premium option was never promised to be ad-free. http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...7&postcount=29
Deb is correct on this, I am quite sure. The current Premium membership never offered ad-free. It offered less advertisement.

The problem here is more and more advertisements are added and premium members are not excluded from the new ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
#1: there have been some changes in who actually administers this board. That what something I touched on when I mentioned the lack of communication. I am honestly not sure who would even be the proper person to inform about this. #2: Shouldn't this thread be enough? Shouldn't the admin of a big FOR PROFIT forum such as this check the site discussion subforums oh, once a day? I mean, I think it's a fair expectation that Felipe starting this thread should be enough notice to inform the admins that there is unrest here
My understanding is Steve (the person or the account) is no longer the webmaster of this forum. So PM him or the account would be useless.

Last edited by Lee : 01-03-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:16 AM   #67
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
Neely, Deb and Jess had all post in this thread before this post of yours.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #68
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
But the webmasters obviously do ignore us.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #69
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed, but unfortunately they don't have the power necessary. We need the big boss (whoever the hell it is nowadays )
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #70
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Comnpletely agree with the complaints...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
So why is MTF implying that people can "Remove advertisements" by registering (as per the ads)? Many of us are already registered as premium and the advertisements have not been removed.
And here I think the line between 'on the border of being legally okay' and 'misleading' is crossed. I don't know what's the proper term in English, but we Dutchies call this 'wanprestatie'.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #71
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know what I'm talking about and this isn't the first instance.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #72
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

In case you didn't know Verticalscope Inc. is a corporation based in Canada but I couldn't find MTF on their website

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #73
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
We need the big boss (whoever the hell it is nowadays )
and herein lies the problem.......

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #74
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

I shall be the BOSS

adam shall be my bitch..now go get my coffee.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #75
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes View Post

I don't really care about the ads. I don't actually remember any promise to end them for premium users, but I want the option to change my username back!!!!
I have sent in a request to fix this. We need the webmaster to do this or to find someone who can do this.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote