Teams - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Teams

Serbia, USA top two seeds for Hopman Cup

Novak Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic have been named as the number one seeds for this year’s Hyundai Hopman Cup.

Djokovic said, “I’m very exited to play with Jelena. She’s had an amazing year. It’s a tournament of prestige and I think we have a big chance to win.” Jankovic said, “I think we’re a pretty good team. He’s very exciting and his personality is similar to mine, we’re both very outgoing. We will try to play our best”.

Serbia lead Group A in the round robin International Mixed Teams Championship. Joining them in Group A as the number 4 seeds is the exciting French team of Tatiana Golovin and Gael Monfils.

USA, as the number two seeds, with Australian Open Champion and world No.6 Serena Williams partnering Mardy Fish lead Group B and are joined by the third seeds, the Czech Republic combination of Tomas Berdych and Lucie Safarova. Australia, with Alicia Molik and her new teammate Peter Luczak are the sixth seeds and grouped with the seventh seeded Indian team of Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna.

The 5th seeded Argentinean team of Gisela Dulko and Juan Ignacio Chela are grouped with the winner of the Asian Hopman Cup (Thailand, Japan, Taipei, Korea, Uzbekistan or China) who take the 8th seeded position.

Hopman Cup Groups

Group A - Serbia, France, Argentina, Asian Hopman Cup winner
Group B - USA, Czech Republic, Australia, India

The Hyundai Hopman Cup will be played at the Burswood Dome from 29 December 2007 – 4 January 2008.

Tickets go on sale Monday 5 November 2007 through Ticketek.

The Asian Hopman Cup will be played in Bangkok from 8 to 11 November at the National Tennis Development Centre LTAT Muangthong Thani, Bangkok.

http://www.itftennis.com/abouttheitf...rticleid=18094
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 06:46 AM   #2
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hopman Cup XX: 29 Dec 2007 - 4 Jan 2008 (Perth, Aus)

No Spain this year, well that sucks. Vamos Argentina in that case

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't really notice at first because the teams were all announced one-by-one but what a shame that there will be no Russian team. You would think that with their depth on both the men's and women's side that it would be easy to find a team.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I think it's cos of the Davis Cup final...Dima learnt from last year that it's too quick a turnaround...and don't think anyone else would want to do it either. It is funny how they announced the teams in dribs and drabs this year...normally they just announce like 1 or 2 and then the rest on a set date..
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:41 AM   #5
country flag wenty

wenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos India and Argentina!
wenty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #6
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic&Jankovic
Serena&Fish
Old 11-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serena Re-Commits to Hopman and Chinese Taipei get through

World number 5 and current Australian Open champion Serena Williams, forced to withdraw from the Sony Ericsson Championships in Madrid last week, has re-committed to the Hyundai Hopman Cup in Perth beginning 29 December.

Serena said “Although I withdrew from Madrid last week, I can reassure my fans that I look forward to seeing you in Perth with Mardy Fish in December.”

In further news, the final place in the field was secured yesterday in Bangkok, with top seeded Thailand upstaged by 2nd seeded Chinese Taipei in the final of the Asian Hopman Cup. Chinese Taipei is represented by Su-Wei Hsieh & Yen-Hsun Lu.

Tournament Director of Hyundai Hopman Cup, Paul McNamee said, “I was in Bangkok and saw some great tennis. It was a higher standard than last year’s Asian Hopman Cup, and the Taiwanese duo will be very competitive. Su-Wei and Randy Lu, are extremely talented."

Chinese Taipei’s opening match is 30 December against the top seeded Serb team of Jelena Jankovic and Novak Djokovic.
Here's the match schedule:

http://www.hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=201
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #8
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Clément is playing instead of Monfils according to the schedule.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, I had a feeling you came into post to say that Monfils withdrew, not to mention I was reminded by the Monfils article I read just a couple of hours ago about Sydney being his first tournament since Bucharest. He would have been a lot of fun to watch.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #10
country flag cameron

cameron has a reputation beyond reputecameron has a reputation beyond reputecameron has a reputation beyond reputecameron has a reputation beyond reputecameron has a reputation beyond reputecameron has a reputation beyond reputecameron has a reputation beyond reputecameron has a reputation beyond reputecameron has a reputation beyond reputecameron has a reputation beyond reputecameron has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised there has been no mention on the site in regards to Clement being drafted in except for the schedule. When I had a look this morning I thought I was going insane seeing Clements name
cameron is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #11
country flag Chelem

Chelem has a reputation beyond reputeChelem has a reputation beyond reputeChelem has a reputation beyond reputeChelem has a reputation beyond reputeChelem has a reputation beyond reputeChelem has a reputation beyond reputeChelem has a reputation beyond reputeChelem has a reputation beyond reputeChelem has a reputation beyond reputeChelem has a reputation beyond reputeChelem has a reputation beyond repute
Post The teams

HOPMAN CUP - the teams :

Serbia [1]
Jelena Jankovic (n°3)
Novak Djokovic (n°3)

USA [2]
Serena Williams (n°6)
Mardy Fish (n°43)

Czech Republic [3]
Lucie Safarova (n°24)
Tomas Berdych (n°13)

France [4]
Tatiana Golovin (n°15)
Arnaud Clement (n°54)

Argentina [5]
Gisela Dulko (n°37)
Juan Ignacio Chela (n°17)

Australia [6]
Alicia Molik (n°67)
Peter Luczak (n°77)

India [7]
Sania Mirza (n°32)
Rohan Bopanna (n°262)

Chinese Taipei [8]
Su-Wei Hsieh
Yen-Hsun Lu
Chelem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #12
country flag belco
tennishaven.com

belco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Sunday OOP & Scores

Good luck team Serbia
belco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #13
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The teams

Serbia has to win.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #14
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond repute

Serbia will win
Old 12-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #15
country flag Adler

Adler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond repute

Realistically, it seems that Serbia simply cannot lose and has this one already in the bag