Questions for Everyone.... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-30-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Questions for Everyone....

I have a few questions, and I hope I can get some good responses from these because I intend to contact the mods and solicit their help in "cleaning" up the forum.

1. Do you feel that certain threads need to have a "sticky" by them, like the schedule, news and articles, and pictures threads?

2. Do you think the "off topic" sub-forum is kind of off-putting? Can it be eliminated altogether?

3. What about the older threads? Do they need to be archived to make room for more?

4. What about newer threads? Would a new chat thread be more welcoming to visitors?

I am asking all these questions because, as a by-product of the bandwagon effect, we will have more visitors, and thus more posters.
Almost four years ago, when this forum was opened, the posters were so excited about it that certain threads were made that no longer have relevance/importance to the mood and atmosphere anymore. As an attempt to revamp and make the forum over, those threads could either be archived or be re-opened-our choice. However, we do need an update. What do you think?
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions for Everyone....

You should see how it works on active forums like federer's forum.

1- But yes I agree with you, schedule should be sticked - it is already - but you should also stick pics, article.

2- Is it necessary to keep this "off topic" sub-forum ? But you can also delete the "David Nalbandian Blog" IMO.

3- We don't have so much threads as it has never been a really active forum, 10 pages since 2004 is not that much but if it is necessary I think you can archive them

4- Yes I think would be a good idea to create a chat thread

Also, if you have troubles moderating this forum, I would be glad to help you, if you need it of course.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
I have a few questions, and I hope I can get some good responses from these because I intend to contact the mods and solicit their help in "cleaning" up the forum.

1. Do you feel that certain threads need to have a "sticky" by them, like the schedule, news and articles, and pictures threads?

2. Do you think the "off topic" sub-forum is kind of off-putting? Can it be eliminated altogether?

3. What about the older threads? Do they need to be archived to make room for more?

4. What about newer threads? Would a new chat thread be more welcoming to visitors?

I am asking all these questions because, as a by-product of the bandwagon effect, we will have more visitors, and thus more posters.
Almost four years ago, when this forum was opened, the posters were so excited about it that certain threads were made that no longer have relevance/importance to the mood and atmosphere anymore. As an attempt to revamp and make the forum over, those threads could either be archived or be re-opened-our choice. However, we do need an update. What do you think?

Tiff, just a quick answer cause I'm going out in a few minutes but, yes I agree with the all the topics.

Mostly with the sticky ones, as I've said before, I think the 2008 calendar should be a sticky thread. & also a new chat thread would be very nice to welcome new members & for us who are already regulars as well.

I do think we should contact the mods & if help is needed, I am here as well. of course.

I'm out, have a good night everyone & Happy 2008!
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

1. I think the schedule, picture and news/article threats should all have a 'sticky'.

2. I don't mind the off topic forum all that much but it alsmost never get used...It really has no purpose right now. And I agree with what was said before. Can we get rid of that stupid David Nalbandian blog??

3. I hope 2008 will be a booming year so yeah, archive old threads to make room for many more.

4. I would like a chat thread, to welcome new visitors and to get to know all you guys better.

But what I really like is a great atmosphere here on the board and lots and lots to cheer about in the new year. I think we have some pretty great people here so it will all work out fine in the end.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

I was taking a look into Gastón's forum, and I think it's a lot more organized there. maybe because they have a mod ...

the sticky theads are up there wich makes them much more easy to access. I've also noticed in other forums as well, like Verdasco's for instance, that they don't create a new thread for each tournament. They simply bump the old one & change the title & the forum is not as messed up as ours. now, I know that only the thread starter can edit the title and all ..

but like Tiff said, I think we need a cleaning around here, it's confusing.

I could ask Sjoukje to do it ...? everyone, please?
Old 01-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #6
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
I was taking a look into Gastón's forum, and I think it's a lot more organized there. maybe because they have a mod ...

the sticky theads are up there wich makes them much more easy to access. I've also noticed in other forums as well, like Verdasco's for instance, that they don't create a new thread for each tournament. They simply bump the old one & change the title & the forum is not as messed up as ours. now, I know that only the thread starter can edit the title and all ..

but like Tiff said, I think we need a cleaning around here, it's confusing.

I could ask Sjoukje to do it ...? everyone, please?
Actually I thought sigmagirl was the mod of the forum

btw you changed your flag ?
Old 01-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
country flag justClaudia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
Actually I thought sigmagirl was the mod of the forum

btw you changed your flag ?
Jimena (Jazz_girl) used to be this forum's mod, but, not anymore. You can easily identify a mod in MTF because they have the word moderator written under their screen name, like Deb or Shotgun for instance.

in case we all agree we need a moderator around here we should contact the super mods & that is why I mentioned Sjoukje(Carlita), she can help us if we decide something.

yes I have, like it?

Last edited by justClaudia : 01-01-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
country flag Viken01

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
Jimena (Jazz_girl) used to be this forum's mod, but, not anymore. You can easily identify a mod in MTF because they have the word moderator written under their screen name, like Deb or Shotgun for instance.

in case we all agree we need a modarator around here we should contact the super mods & that is why I mentioned Sjoukje(Carlita), she can help us if we decide something.

yes I have, like it?
ok then I agree

and yeah I like it
Old 01-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
country flag justClaudia

I was chatting to Deb, who is the Andy Roddick's forum Moderator, & she was telling me that when they realised they needed one over there a poll with a couple of questions was started.

but, still i think that we don't necessarily need a moderator as we have had very little problems around here as of late. I think we do need to clean up the house (merge some threads maybe, make some stickys, etc) & a super mod can easily do that.

let's see what the others say & think.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #10
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

I think one should contact Sjoukje about cleaning up the forum. This place is a hot mess!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:55 PM   #11
country flag justClaudia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
I think one should contact Sjoukje about cleaning up the forum. This place is a hot mess!!!
if I don't catch Sjoukje on MSN during the day tomorrow I will PM her in the evening.

stickys should be the calendar & results, the pictures thread ...what what else? Maybe the new chat thread as well, so it be can easier to access.

and probably removing the pic of day from the stickys would be a good idea too, no? Since we are no longer using it.

what do you think?
Old 01-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #12
country flag justClaudia

hey, I am no Mod around here, so if ANYONE has an idea please contact the super mods. I just want us to clean the house because, and I think we can all agree on that, it's a very messy & confusing one.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #13
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

What did you want done Claudia? I can let them know.

It would be good to get this place organised.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #14
country flag justClaudia

Sir

I don't want to talk for the others ..but, I think we all agree on this. those stickys MUST go & should be replaced for the 2008 ones, like the calendar & results, maybe the pictures thread also and the new chat one Tiffany just started.

merging some useless thread perhaps? This forum is getting awfully big and confusing. I think we just want to make it more easy to find the things we want. Organization, yes!

Thanks for helping.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #15
country flag sheeter

sheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond reputesheeter has a reputation beyond repute

I think mtf is pretty darn good the way it is.
sheeter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote