Benazir Bhutto 'dies after rally blast' - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #76
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benazir Bhutto 'dies after rally blast'

Castafiore - yes, she didn't hand him the presidency - he will just lead the party. And as you said, the situation in Pakistan is urgent - they probably don't feel as if they have time.

While we don't pass down the power in the US, there have been a number of families that always seem to have someone in office - the Adams', the Roosevelt's, the Kennedy's, the Bush's, now the Clinton's. That's just off the top of my head - I'm sure there are many many more, especially on the state and local levels.

I see a lot of generalizations here on this thread about the differences between the west and the east. We need to acknowledge our own histories before we do that.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #77
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
Castafiore - yes, she didn't hand him the presidency - he will just lead the party. And as you said, the situation in Pakistan is urgent - they probably don't feel as if they have time.

While we don't pass down the power in the US, there have been a number of families that always seem to have someone in office - the Adams', the Roosevelt's, the Kennedy's, the Bush's, now the Clinton's. That's just off the top of my head - I'm sure there are many many more, especially on the state and local levels.

I see a lot of generalizations here on this thread about the differences between the west and the east. We need to acknowledge our own histories before we do that.
A very good point. I feel sorry for this young boy/man, however he was groomed to lead the PPP one day, only the day arrived earlier than he ever imagined.
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:53 AM   #78
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it in 3rd world countries, the ruling upper class always educate their children abroad in these famous Universities (Havard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, Eton etc.)? So that their children will continue ruling because they will have had a better education. Power really corrupts.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:26 PM   #79
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
Why is it in 3rd world countries, the ruling upper class always educate their children abroad in these famous Universities (Havard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, Eton etc.)? So that their children will continue ruling because they will have had a better education. Power really corrupts.
Why is having a good education corrupt?

And yet again, major generalizations about the west vs. the east which are untrue.

Families in political power (and corporate power) in Britain and the U.S. also send their children to the best schools (Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, Eton etc.) so that they can continue the family legacy.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:29 PM   #80
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
Why is having a good education corrupt?

And yet again, major generalizations about the west vs. the east which are untrue.

Families in political power (and corporate power) in Britain and the U.S. also send their children to the best schools (Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, Eton etc.) so that they can continue the family legacy.
Where did I say anything about corruption. I was pointing out that the ruling class will always educate their children in the best schools to insure that their families stay in power. Just simple Monopoly.

Nonsense about West vs East. It happens everywhere. People who have been in power want the power to stay in their families.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:38 PM   #81
country flag NicoFan

After you talked about education, you said "power really corrupts." Sorry if I misread your post.

And that's exactly what I said...it is nonsense about west vs. east. People on the thread have made generalizations about supposed differences between the west vs. the east. All these things happen everywhere....assassinations, power plays, etc.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #82
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw View Post
What a bs? Undemocratic? There is practically a civil war in Pakistan. Are you really stupid or can you not read and you see nothing. This proamerican bloke embezzles millions of dollars, which he got from his mate from USA. He built palaces for it for himself and his mates. There is a big shit and enormous poverty, chaos in Pakistan thanks to him. He is corrupted proamerican scum and nothing more. Musharraf is Hussein - alike politicians. And his one feature is supporting of this proamerican chaos and supporting of Bush wars.
You who loves Bush so much will be happy to know that Benazir was an ally of Bush perhaps she would have been even more so the Muscharraf.

But again both she and Nawaz Sharif were hopeless as rulers. Musharraf despite his flaws has had more results then these two. Benazir Bhutto continues with her hopeless legacy by naming her son as heir.Now I hear that a non-Bhutto will stand up as Presidential candidate. But how much power will be given to that guy if by miracle he wins the elections.

In India we have a lacklustre leader in the name of Singh. Real power is in hands of Sonia Gandhi and she too is hopeless. BJP party was way better at ruling and damned Congress party allies itself with the extreme left.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #83
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
You who loves Bush so much will be happy to know that Benazir was an ally of Bush perhaps she would have been even more so the Muscharraf.
If she would such strong Bush supporter she would live till now. It was presented a last interview with her on CNN. She was no supporter of Bush - in the opposite, she would hinder in his war planes. She was anti-Muscharraf and anti-government too. She said it clearly. She was a danger for their power in this country and she was killed. It should not be strange and suprising, who it did.
Of course I realise that there is a strong fight of cash of US-tax payers. This military bloke will never give the power voluntarily. He makes all to keep und get money so long as possible. Money blind them totally. What does it give to them? They can build palaces for theirselves. But how does their country look like? These palaces look among poverty of this country as big sh.t in the forest. It does not fit to it.
Present politics of Bush and his administration leads to it ( more and more victims: Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, in the last time Kenya, more and more worse things are in Sudan. It seems that this wise maxim: ,,everywhere, where USA is, there is a war,, comes true.

Last edited by mtw : 01-03-2008 at 11:12 AM.
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote