Benazir Bhutto 'dies after rally blast' - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #61
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benazir Bhutto 'dies after rally blast'

Benazir Bhutto died as a result of a fractured skull after hitting her head on part of her car's sun roof, not as a result of a bullet or bomb shrapnel, a spokesman for Pakistan's Interior Ministry said Friday.

man, that is bad luck
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #62
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Benazir Bhutto died as a result of a fractured skull after hitting her head on part of her car's sun roof, not as a result of a bullet or bomb shrapnel, a spokesman for Pakistan's Interior Ministry said Friday.

man, that is bad luck
I don't trust any of them at this point.
Veronique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:52 PM   #63
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
I truly hope someone steps up to the plate. I don't trust anything coming out of Musharraf's (government's) mouth. His comments of sorrow/shock/whatever regarding Bhutto's death are despicable considering the fact that he refused Bhutto's requests to procure international help investigating the first assassination attempt upon her return to the country, and by all accounts the security detail his govt. provided for her was described as loose/half-hearted/haphazard at best. Whether his govt. actively sponsored her assassination or at the very least encouraged and fostered an environment in which it would be impossible for her to have run for office without running into these killers, I wouldn't be surprised either way.
I think Musharraf is happy about her death. Of course he won't admit it. Bastard
Old 12-29-2007, 07:10 AM   #64
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
Me too. Certain people here moan a lot about the UK (and the US) and other Western countries, but at least we are free to voice our opinions, and our elections are decided by the ballot box, not the bullet. She was brave - sadly her end was tragic but inevitable.
It is a tragedy wherever it happens and it has effected the US.

The people in the US will know how Pakistan feels. J F Kennedy being shot in 1963 while president and his brother Robert Kennedy shot in 1968 after winning a Californian primary and possibly on his way to the presidency. There was also an attempt of the life of Reagan.

Last edited by DrJules : 12-29-2007 at 07:15 AM.
DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #65
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4. View Post
that's right , exploding with a bomb isnt the way to do it , the proper way to kill an infidel is first pray god, then cut the throat, that's how it is written.
Religion cetainly does itself no favours these days.

Being a non believer becomes more acceptable every day.
DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:49 PM   #66
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to Bhutto was indeed tragic. Neverthless she was a poor politician. To me no one can come close to Muscharraf. He may be undemocratic but he brought more stability to nation than Sharif and Bhutto.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #67
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Is anybody watching the announcement of the new chairman of the PPP?

Benazir's 19 year old son will be a symbolic chairman with his father as co-chairman and if I understand correctly the son will adopt the name Bhutto (he currently carries the last name of his father).

He will continue with his studies (Oxford) and during that time, his father will be the chairman. When he finishes his studies, he will return to Pakistan to take on his responsibilities as his mother wanted him to do.

Last edited by Castafiore : 12-30-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #68
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post

Benazir's 19 year old son will be a symbolic chairman with his father as co-chairman and if I understand correctly the son will adopt the name Bhutto (he currently carries the last name of his father).

He will continue with his studies (Oxford) and during that time, his father will be the chairman. When he finishes his studies, he will return to Pakistan to take on his responsibilities as his mother wanted him to do.
While it's highly commendable that he wants to carry on in his mother's footsteps, I don't think that it's a good idea. And to even announce it now...they might even try to kill him while he's at Oxford.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #69
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I find this very bizarre. Like a monarchy or dictatorship where a relative "takes over". But I suppose some "democracy" is better than none.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #70
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

These people are real sick. This boy is 19 years old. They have no rights to risk such young life.
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #71
country flag Bilbo

going to get dangerous at Oxford these days
Old 12-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #72
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
What happened to Bhutto was indeed tragic. Neverthless she was a poor politician. To me no one can come close to Muscharraf. He may be undemocratic but he brought more stability to nation than Sharif and Bhutto.
What a bs? Undemocratic? There is practically a civil war in Pakistan. Are you really stupid or can you not read and you see nothing. This proamerican bloke embezzles millions of dollars, which he got from his mate from USA. He built palaces for it for himself and his mates. There is a big shit and enormous poverty, chaos in Pakistan thanks to him. He is corrupted proamerican scum and nothing more. Musharraf is Hussein - alike politicians. And his one feature is supporting of this proamerican chaos and supporting of Bush wars.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #73
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
I find this very bizarre. Like a monarchy or dictatorship where a relative "takes over". But I suppose some "democracy" is better than none.
It's a bizarre choice perhaps but to be fair, Bilawal Bhutto was chosen to be the chairman of a political party, not to lead a country like a monarch or a dictator. That party still has to go through elections.
On BBC World, an expert (forgot his name but he's a professor in the US) said that democracy in many of these Asian countries is still in an infancy stage, having to fight traditions that go back a long, long time. Democracy as the Western world knows it, did not take place all of a sudden either. It was a gradual procedure.

I can't begin to try to understand what's going through his head right now. He just lost his mother in a brutal way. Losing a parent suddenly is a huge shock to the system in the best of times, let alone take on such a responsibility while trying to deal with that.

So, I hope that this 19 year old has a strong head on his shoulders. The fact that his father will take on the role of chairman while his son is studying in England is perhaps good for the son but he's not exactly a man with a crispy clean reputation so that's not going to be easy either.

If it were up to me, I would let him continue with his studies, get some experience on a political level and then see if he's ready but I guess that they figure that there's not much time in Pakistan.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #74
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's a bizarre choice perhaps but to be fair, Bilawal Bhutto was chosen to be the chairman of a political party, not to lead a country like a monarch or a dictator. That party still has to go through elections.

I can't begin to try to understand what's going through his head right now. He just lost his mother in a brutal way. Losing a parent suddenly is a huge shock to the system in the best of times, let alone take on such a responsibility while trying to deal with that.

So, I hope that this 19 year old has a strong head on his shoulders. The fact that his father will take on the role of chairman while his son is studying in England is perhaps good for the son but he's not exactly a man with a crispy clean reputation so that's not going to be easy either.

If it were up to me, I would let him continue with his studies, get some experience on a political level and then see if he's ready but I guess that they figure that there's not much time in Pakistan.
That's a stable apolitical non-power hungry way of looking at it and I commend you. But I really feel that it is about power here and keeping it.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #75
country flag mtw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
man, that is bad luck
It is very strange. It was given on TV that she was shot dead - political assassination. Of course a blast was later probably to cover up and cause chaos.
It is clear that she was the next victim of Bush wars. Not going into mechanism of it. It will be never explained, who made it, as every political murder every thinking person knows, who it did. Executors will be uknown. But the onle thing is sure.
She was the next victim of Bush wars, just the same victim as nameless people ( usual people as we are ),who are murdered daily in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.