Benazir Bhutto 'dies after rally blast' - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-28-2007, 02:14 AM   #46
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benazir Bhutto 'dies after rally blast'

Terrible news, sadly not unexpected. We may never get to know who perpetrated the act.

From Isaac Asimov's "Foundation".
Merton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 02:36 AM   #47
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Thanks for adding more information.

I don't know why Bhutto made those decisions about her personal safety, I would hate to think that she also felt her death/matrydom was inevitable and just decided to accept it.

There are politicians in the US who regularly receive death threats, it is the main reason that Colin Powell decided not to run for President, and although no one has really discussed it, I'm very curious to know just how many threats Barrack Obama gets every day for his Presidential campaign. There will always be one freak out there (John Hinckley/Ronald Reagan) who feels compelled to act out for whatever reason.
Are you saying people should be afraid to stand up for their beliefs for fear of death? In fact, most of us would, but it's admirable to see the rare ones who will not cave in for the greater good, especially if it's a leader like Mrs. Bhutto. Hopefully her death will not have been in vain. She's in fact a martyr, in the true sense of the word.
Veronique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:39 AM   #48
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Maybe Im missing something here but why is it sad that a lady twice removed from presidency due to her corruption is assassinated?
So corruption is punishable by death now?
Old 12-28-2007, 04:14 AM   #49
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
Me too. Certain people here moan a lot about the UK (and the US) and other Western countries, but at least we are free to voice our opinions, and our elections are decided by the ballot box, not the bullet. She was brave - sadly her end was tragic but inevitable.
Pakistan is a young country comparing to UK, US and other European countries. All the countries cited in your post had historically their share of complete mayhem and bloody atrocities before stabilizing into what they are today.
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:57 AM   #50
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique View Post
Are you saying people should be afraid to stand up for their beliefs for fear of death? In fact, most of us would, but it's admirable to see the rare ones who will not cave in for the greater good, especially if it's a leader like Mrs. Bhutto. Hopefully her death will not have been in vain. She's in fact a martyr, in the true sense of the word.
No, I wasnt saying that at all. I too hope that her death was not in vain.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:02 AM   #51
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Bash me for this but we all sadly knew that their attempts to get rid of her would be successful sooner or later.

The religion of Peace strikes again.May she rest in peace. Pakistan won't.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."

Last edited by Black Adam : 12-28-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #52
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
The religion of Peace strikes again.May she rest in peace. Pakistan won't.
you are aware that al qaida and the taliban are not real muslims? they are using the quran for wrong purposes. if they say they are muslims it doesn't mean they are.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #53
country flag G4.

G4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond repute

how are they not real muslims ?
G4. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #54
country flag Veronique

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
Bhutto almost certainly defrauded her people of billions and tried her best to ink a deal with the dictator Musharraf in order to share power with him. To quote Jemima Khan, wife of Imran Khan, a pro-democracy political opponent of Bhutto: "She's totally bogus - Benazir may speak the language of liberalism and look good on Larry King's sofa... but she's as ruthless and conniving as they come. She's a kleptocrat in a Hermes scarf."

...and yet she was Pakistan's most likely choice for the restoration of democracy, such as it was and such as they knew it. So yes, for her to be assassinated is a definite tragedy. I had absolute chills when i read the news before hitting the gym early this morning, and that's in spite of the fact that I wasn't surprised at all. Having grown up with images of her in the news at all times during the 1990s I will miss her presence/charisma.
Well, here's Khan's chance to step up and lead his people. Will he show the kind of backbone Bhutto did? Pakistan is in serious need of an authentic leader now more than ever.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #55
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4. View Post
how are they not real muslims ?
they aren't doing things right how it's written in the quran. needless to say there are also a lot of not real christians. maybe more than 90%. more than muslims for sure as they are less religious in general.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #56
country flag G4.

G4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond repute

that's right , exploding with a bomb isnt the way to do it , the proper way to kill an infidel is first pray god, then cut the throat, that's how it is written.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #57
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
The religion of 'Peace' strikes again.

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #58
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4. View Post
that's right , exploding with a bomb isnt the way to do it , the proper way to kill an infidel is first pray god, then cut the throat, that's how it is written.
you seem to have read it in original language

what an idiot
Old 12-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #59
country flag G4.

yes keep sticking your head in the sand , and brush off the problems ,
keep pretending these people are just random crazy people, of course no problem from a rigorist interpretation of the book either
Old 12-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #60
country flag Veronique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
No, I wasnt saying that at all. I too hope that her death was not in vain.
I didn't think you were, Fee. Such a terrible tragedy!