Who is the better singer? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the better singer?

Beyonce 12 9.02%
Kelly Clarkson 6 4.51%
Whitney Houston 22 16.54%
Mariah Carey 29 21.80%
Celine Dion 23 17.29%
Christina Aguliera 25 18.80%
Alicia Keys 16 12.03%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #61
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is the better singer?

What they all do is not what I would listen to every day, but I know most of their stuff.

Mariah has something like 5 octaves, it's crazy. Her voice can be so pure, it's amazing. Her highest notes are absolutely crazy, but she uses them too much. I think of those singers, she's the best (technically, and maybe musically; they're all average/mediocre though, as a whole).

But there should be an "other" option:

Björk: my goodness, THOSE shouts she can do. The emotion and subtle things she can do with it. The best female singer of all time, in my opinion (music + voice + everything).
(well, there is an obvious manipulation on her voice, "drowning it", but the shouts are real.)
(the part where she sings "who would have known?, during the musical bridge)

Her singing skills arenn't as as technical as those "divas", but they come from deep within, they are special for how they are used.

Kate Bush: It's a bit like Björk. It's not hugely technical, but it's more for how it is used. How she creates unlimited sounds with her voice. She is probably the singer with the biggest range of effects made with the voice alone, there is so much variation to it.

(extremely high-pitched through the whole song)
(there's probably everything you need to know in this song alone! How she goes from "Some say that knowledge is something that you never have" to "I must admit, just when I think I'm king")
(I love how she uses that relatively low voice like she's pinching her nose; hear what I mean (like the "Many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree" line)? It's also one of her signature singing skills.)

Very versatile.

I have to say, I don't care if the voice isn't "perfect", as long as you know what to do with it. And those two singers prove it (even if their natural voices are both fantastic naturally). Because, see, all those divas often do not know what to do with it, and become boring because they know they have immense skills, so they just become lazy. Just dare!

If RBA is a Princess, then I'm his Mario
(Lone but proud member of the SP Club)

Smoking the Rosmalen grass
and rolling in the Stuttgart silt.

MachineGun is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #62
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as there are Safin avatars in this thread, life is good.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #63
country flag Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond repute

stupid poll, those are singers who perform an act and just sing.

Saw Kate Bush and Bjork 2 posts above and they're much better options. Also read votes for Annie Lennox, Aretha Franklin and Tori Amos which also makes much more sense. Wanna add PJ Harvey to the poll. Skin from Skunk Anansie has a great voice too ! I also like Sade btw
Richard Krajicek Fernando Gonzalez Stefan Edberg John McEnroe Kent Carlsson Miloslav Mecir Patrick Rafter Yannick Noah Gustavo Kuerten Pete Sampras Mark Koevermans Joachim Johansson Jacco Eltingh Jan Siemerink Goran Ivanisevic Pat Cash Henri Leconte Agustin Calleri Tim Mayotte Nicolas Escude Hicham Arazi Paul Haarhuis Tim Henman Michael Stich Marcelo Rios Max Mirnyi Gaston Gaudio Sjeng Schalken Alberto Mancini Mariano Zabaleta Jose Acasuso Andres Gomez Taylor Dent Mats Wilander Guillermo Perez Roldan David Nalbandian Petr Korda Rod Laver Bjorn Borg Guillermo Vilas
Clashcityrocker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #64
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashcityrocker View Post
stupid poll, those are singers who perform an act and just sing.

Saw Kate Bush and Bjork 2 posts above and they're much better options. Also read votes for Annie Lennox, Aretha Franklin and Tori Amos which also makes much more sense. Wanna add PJ Harvey to the poll. Skin from Skunk Anansie has a great voice too ! I also like Sade btw
Thank you CCR (Oh I like that CCR for my favorite DJ ) I thought I was the only person that really liked Sade!

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #65
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Britney Spears or Lady Gaga. Although Jessica Simpson is up there as well.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #66
country flag Radar

Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute

Mariah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 08-22-2012, 03:13 AM   #67
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Adele.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #68
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Cheryl Cole, Cher Lloyd, Miley Cyrus ...
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #69
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go with Whitney Houston at her peak. Alicia Keys misses a lot of notes and I am surprised that she is even an option. Also, a lot of important figures are not even listed as a poll option.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #70
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Justin Beiber?

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #71
country flag Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Mariah
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #72
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Beyonce.

Christina.

Alicia.

Celine.

Leona.

The others.
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #73
country flag Grenouille

Grenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond repute

Adele
Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #74
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

From the poll Alicia Keys.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #75
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Whitney.R.I.P

Can't believe Christina is in the poll,but no Adele