England - Carling Cup 18/12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-18-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
country flag Olao

Olao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond repute
Default England - Carling Cup 18/12

Blackburn to beat Arsenal (pk), 1.87 Pinnacle

Carling Cup 1/4 final - one match only, pens if needed.

Not gonna write a long story here, odds are going down on BB since this morning as the markets are beginning to understand that Arsenal are fielding their second team with 11 changes compared to the 11 starters vs Chelsea while BB have said they're fielding the strongest team possible.

Blackburn

(squad from BBC website)

Friedel, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Tugay, Mokoena, Reid, Bentley, Dunn, Pedersen, Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Roberts, Brown, Savage, Berner, Derbyshire, Khizanishvili, Treacy.

- Emerton out following his red card vs Wigan in the weekend, Ooijer out with injury. Otherwise, seemingly a very motivated BB squad, playing for their season. BB lost two in a row in the PL (0-1 at home to West Ham followed by the 3-5 defeat away vs Wigan).

Arsenal

(text below/squad from their website)

- The manager has rung the changes with the squad containing just two players involved in Sunday's win over Chelsea. Philippe Senderos was an unused substitute and Nicklas Bendtner was a 90th minute replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Please note that Theo Walcott pulled out of tonight's squad after waking up this morning and feeling unwell.

2 Abou DIABY (Age 21)
6 Philippe SENDEROS (Age 22)
8 Lassana DIARRA (Age 22)
9 EDUARDO (Age 24)
15 DENILSON (Age 19)
17 Alex SONG (Age 20)
21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK) (Age 22)
26 Nicklas BENDTNER (Age 19)
30 Armand TRAORE (Age 18)
31 Justin HOYTE (Age 22)
34 Kieran GIBBS (Age 18)
36 Mark RANDALL (Age 18)
40 Vito MANNONE (GK) (Age 19)
41 Gavin HOYTE (Age 17)
42 Fran MERIDA (Age 17)
43 Nacer BARAZITE (Age 17)

Analysis

Oldest player in tonight's Arsenal team, 24 years old. BB is not a mug team at home (more of a "thug team"...playing very physically. A lot of talents in the Arsenal team, yet this second team is not as good as last year's Carling Cup wonder imo as several of the prospects took the step up to the first team. We saw the limits of this B team as Wenger put them out in the CL away vs Seville where he gambled strangely with the first place of the group...and lost it. (GL vs Inter, Barca, Milan or Inter, playing the second match away...unless you get the lucky draw (Porto))

No Walcott in the Arsenal side as they had hoped (back from injury, no risk taken), the Arsenal B team will be quite strong up front with rising forward talents Eduardo/Bendtner but under strong pressure in the defense, where Roque Cruz (3 goals vs Wigan) and McCarthy should test a quite dodgy defense to the limit. BB admittedly not in great form but they did beat Newcastle 3-1 at home before losing to West Ham and I can see them being very much up for this, trying to show the Arsenal talents who their daddies are... Surely, the Arsenal talents are playing w great motivation to win and to show Wenger they're ready for more first team action - still, small motivational edge for the home team here imo.

Nr 8 in the Premier League, at home, playing for their season, versus a not too impressive second team of the PL leaders - significant value in this one imo. ML odds on BB are tempting, still this is the Carling Cup and the battle should get open, physical and intense, BB pk the more cautious option.

Well, the story got long after all...GL
Olao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England - Carling Cup 18/12

Blackburn have been in awful form of late, letting in goals for fun including last weeks 5-3 drubbing.

Fancy arsenals young guns to qaulify
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

Good analysis mate.

But as an Arsenal fan, I would warn you that our 2nd XI is a match for most teams. We have beaten many premiership teams in the carling up in recent seasons with a similar team - last season we beat Everton and Liverpool away(6-3). As a Dane, I'm sure you know of the talents of Bentdner - he will be a world class player. Although Eduardo hasn't settled in yet, he is a proven international forward and scored two in the previous round at Sheff Utd. Midfield will feature the likes of Diarra(Full French international), Denilson and Diaby who would get into most Premiership teams.

Only worry is the defence as Senderos and Song are poor players. Blackburn themselves ain't in the best of form, losing 5-3 at Wigan on Saturday, 1-0 at home to West Ham and 4-0 at home to Villa. They are shipping in alot of goals recently.

Therefore, I'm going for over 2.5 @ 2.12 as I believe it will be a open game between teams with suspect defences.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
country flag Nitefaery

Nitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond repute

I'm taking the Manchester City ML @ 2.2
Nitefaery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
Good analysis mate.

But as an Arsenal fan, I would warn you that our 2nd XI is a match for most teams. We have beaten many premiership teams in the carling up in recent seasons with a similar team - last season we beat Everton and Liverpool away(6-3). As a Dane, I'm sure you know of the talents of Bentdner - he will be a world class player. Although Eduardo hasn't settled in yet, he is a proven international forward and scored two in the previous round at Sheff Utd. Midfield will feature the likes of Diarra(Full French international), Denilson and Diaby who would get into most Premiership teams.

Only worry is the defence as Senderos and Song are poor players. Blackburn themselves ain't in the best of form, losing 5-3 at Wigan on Saturday, 1-0 at home to West Ham and 4-0 at home to Villa. They are shipping in alot of goals recently.

Therefore, I'm going for over 2.5 @ 2.12 as I believe it will be a open game between teams with suspect defences.

Overs in before Half time.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:18 PM   #6
country flag Olao

Olao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olao View Post
Blackburn to beat Arsenal (pk), 1.87 Pinnacle

Carling Cup 1/4 final - one match only, pens if needed.

Not gonna write a long story here, odds are going down on BB since this morning as the markets are beginning to understand that Arsenal are fielding their second team with 11 changes compared to the 11 starters vs Chelsea while BB have said they're fielding the strongest team possible.

Blackburn

(squad from BBC website)

Friedel, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Tugay, Mokoena, Reid, Bentley, Dunn, Pedersen, Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Roberts, Brown, Savage, Berner, Derbyshire, Khizanishvili, Treacy.

- Emerton out following his red card vs Wigan in the weekend, Ooijer out with injury. Otherwise, seemingly a very motivated BB squad, playing for their season. BB lost two in a row in the PL (0-1 at home to West Ham followed by the 3-5 defeat away vs Wigan).

Arsenal

(text below/squad from their website)

- The manager has rung the changes with the squad containing just two players involved in Sunday's win over Chelsea. Philippe Senderos was an unused substitute and Nicklas Bendtner was a 90th minute replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Please note that Theo Walcott pulled out of tonight's squad after waking up this morning and feeling unwell.

2 Abou DIABY (Age 21)
6 Philippe SENDEROS (Age 22)
8 Lassana DIARRA (Age 22)
9 EDUARDO (Age 24)
15 DENILSON (Age 19)
17 Alex SONG (Age 20)
21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK) (Age 22)
26 Nicklas BENDTNER (Age 19)
30 Armand TRAORE (Age 18)
31 Justin HOYTE (Age 22)
34 Kieran GIBBS (Age 18)
36 Mark RANDALL (Age 18)
40 Vito MANNONE (GK) (Age 19)
41 Gavin HOYTE (Age 17)
42 Fran MERIDA (Age 17)
43 Nacer BARAZITE (Age 17)

Analysis

Oldest player in tonight's Arsenal team, 24 years old. BB is not a mug team at home (more of a "thug team"...playing very physically. A lot of talents in the Arsenal team, yet this second team is not as good as last year's Carling Cup wonder imo as several of the prospects took the step up to the first team. We saw the limits of this B team as Wenger put them out in the CL away vs Seville where he gambled strangely with the first place of the group...and lost it. (GL vs Inter, Barca, Milan or Inter, playing the second match away...unless you get the lucky draw (Porto))

No Walcott in the Arsenal side as they had hoped (back from injury, no risk taken), the Arsenal B team will be quite strong up front with rising forward talents Eduardo/Bendtner but under strong pressure in the defense, where Roque Cruz (3 goals vs Wigan) and McCarthy should test a quite dodgy defense to the limit. BB admittedly not in great form but they did beat Newcastle 3-1 at home before losing to West Ham and I can see them being very much up for this, trying to show the Arsenal talents who their daddies are... Surely, the Arsenal talents are playing w great motivation to win and to show Wenger they're ready for more first team action - still, small motivational edge for the home team here imo.

Nr 8 in the Premier League, at home, playing for their season, versus a not too impressive second team of the PL leaders - significant value in this one imo. ML odds on BB are tempting, still this is the Carling Cup and the battle should get open, physical and intense, BB pk the more cautious option.

Well, the story got long after all...GL
Void - terrible start to the game by BB, awesome second half tho. A pity they didn't start off the match with that kind of focus and aggression.
Olao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #7
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Liverpool Qaulify 13/8 for next round

Another teams home run to come to and end.

Remember people this isnt mourihnios chelsea anymore.

Am still not convinced by avram grant.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote