herpes... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-17-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
mmcdonald

mmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond repute
Default herpes...

this is mad awkward, but i was wondering if anyone knew a bit about HPV-2

I've had some symptoms over the last month or so, that have been bothering me. I've seen TWO doctors and both told me not to worry about it, and it was highly unlikely that I had anything, but at the same time, it bothers me that I have random symptoms come up post shagging.

Basically, it all started with small bumps on the head. They weren't painful, they didn't have puss, nor did they last for more than maybe a day or two. I started to freak out, but then after seeing that they were almost gone the next day, I figured not to worry about it. Then it happened again, but over the lower perimeter. Again, gone after a day. I got a bit concerned, but then realized that herpes just doesn't work that way.

Then I got petrified. I woke up, took a shower and looked down to find a (what I thought) huge lesion on the inner skin of the shaft. I started spasing out, but I calmed myself down and went straight to the emergency room of the closest hospital. I went to see the doctor expecting a surefire diagnosis, but he said with almost certainty that it was nothing and that it was way too small to be anything of note. He said if it was anything it would be syphallis, but he said that was highly doubtful. I felt a bit relieved, and he gave me a diagnosis of benign skin eruption. I called his office a few days later, and the test results for syphallis came back negative - he didn't even bother to test for herpes.

While I was home (this was over thanksgiving) the bumps came back. I got so frustrated because I still didn't have a definitive answer. I called tons of doctors to find someone who would be around the day of thanksgiving, found one and went in. Same thing.

He said that he highly doubted that it was herpes, because they were just too small and I didn't have any other symptoms (discharge, fever, etc.) nor did I ever come into contact with person who had open sores (but then again, who would?). He took a swab test and took a urine sample, because he thought it might have been HPV, although he doubted that also. Once again, didn't even bother to test for herpes.

Test results came back - I had benign bacteria that would go away on its own. I was relieved. I had thought that I was in the clear, but then abstained because I was freaked out by STDs, and was out hundreds of dollars running around in panic.

I then got what I thought was hemorrhoids. At first I didn't pay much attention to it, because I've had mini-hemmorids way before I ever had sex, and I read that it was pretty common. My primary doctor (who I can't see because I'm out of school right now) told me it was nothing and it'd go away on its own. I wasn't bleeding, nor did the pain really bother me as long as I drank a lot of water and ate lots of beans...I also only noticed it he said because I sat at a desk 14 hours a day. On the weekends when I was out and about I never noticed. However, I came to find out that this was a symptom of reoccurring herpes.

Anyway, I finally felt comfortable having sex the other day because I thought I was in the clear. Guess who decides to come back! Bumps again, and then recently a tingling. I'm starting to worry. The bumps were 100% gone within literally 24 hours. The tingling is still persisting, but I only really take notice when I'm looking for it. I'm now pretty much assuming that anything that happens to me whether it be a bump or a cough is related to an STD. Its so frustrating because doctors keep playing it down, my symptoms are completely inconsistent with anything that I've read and I can't really see a doctor outside an emergency room situation (which isn't worth the money) until January.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!

Last edited by mmcdonald : 12-17-2007 at 01:52 AM.
mmcdonald is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 01:57 AM   #2
mmcdonald

mmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond reputemmcdonald has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: herpes...

Old 12-17-2007, 02:09 AM   #3
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

Without going into detail about your symptoms, I think what is clear is that you are too obsessed and worried about your symptoms. I've been there before (regarding health anxiety), and it can be very stressful. It could be related to being vulnerable to obsessive-compulsive tendencies. Sometimes this can develop into panic attacks. I wouldn't worry too much about Herpes, most viral diseases are self-limiting. You might want to look at some kind of treatment or self-help for anxiety/OCD and stuff. The most important thing is being able to play down any symptoms as unthreatening.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
country flag alelysafina

Location: In the middle of nowhere... and nowhere near the beach :(
alelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond repute

DUDE, JUST GET TESTED FOR HERPES. Not only will it put your mind at ease, but if you do end up to have something you can get on medication stat to control it.

Where are you located? Because in the US a lot of Planned Parenthoods work on a sliding scale depending on your income and you might be able to get the test at low cost or even for free.

I want to have my evil way with Tommy Robredo

Nikolay Davydenko Online

My Av was made by J'torian
alelysafina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:49 AM   #5
mmcdonald

I've tried to get tested twice (and both times I thought I was) and the doctors don't even do it. It just bothers me because it can often be asymptomatic.

Anyway, I'm sorry. Just frustrated. I probably just have some bacterial thing thats random and unthreatening. I wish I just had a lab result that confirmed that.

I'm probably going to wait to get tested until after the holidays, simply because I don't have time to drop everything during the work week to get tested, and God knows I'm not going to do it during the holidays at le madre's house. She'd find out in a heartbeat. That and I don't think I could keep a straight face during christmas if it did come back positive.

Anyway thanks, its just annoying that I haven't gotten a 100% straight answer, and that I have to wait again.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:07 AM   #6
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

If you read up on Wikipedia it says one in four adults have genital herpes (HSV2). It's considered a nuisance infection by most rather than a disease. 99.9% of people who have it don't have any complications from it. So even if you carry HSV2, it's not the end of the world. (There is no effective treatment for it by the way)

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:13 AM   #7
country flag clandis

clandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work for Planned Parenthood. The primary thing to worry about is being contagious, and using protection.
You first need to think about non-STD causes. If you are having vaginal intercourse, is your partner using any kind of spermicide or douche? Are you using a new type of condom? Personally, latex gloves give me a rash on my hands that settles down after a day. If you are masturbating, are you using a lotion? You can become sensitized. Lubricants may also give a transient irritation.
If you have had cold sores, a blood test for herpes will be positive. Having a lesion tested is the only direct method. This doesn't really sound like herpes.
If this continues, I would go see a urologist. Another way to go would be a STD clinic, or a public health department.
Hope this helps.
clandis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:12 AM   #8
country flag alelysafina

Location: In the middle of nowhere... and nowhere near the beach :(
alelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcdonald View Post
I've tried to get tested twice (and both times I thought I was) and the doctors don't even do it. It just bothers me because it can often be asymptomatic.
Next time don;t take no for an answer, tell them that you know it can be asymptomatic and you would rather be safe than sorry and to deny you would be going against their creed.

I want to have my evil way with Tommy Robredo

Nikolay Davydenko Online

My Av was made by J'torian
alelysafina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

How goes it (pardon the personal question) mmcdonald?

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote