The Official Ron Paul for President Thread! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #16
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Ron Paul for President Thread!

$4 million now, and still 1/4 of the day (and probably the biggest period since people are more available at night) to go.

And not surprisingly, this is getting very little media attention. I really think Ron Paul would be winning if they paid as much attention to him as those clowns. I'm not sure I believe the polls, either. How could he raise this much in a day if he's really hovering around 4% nationally?

But then, it is true that his supporters are the most fanatical.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #17
country flag zicofirol

zicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond repute

agree, he will be on cbs evening news at 630 est, hope that helps out donations as well.

The media is busy propping up clowns like huckabee who have no real grassroots support, while Paul consistently draws large crowds, has grassroots support that make FREE commercials and then raise over 100,000 to run them, themselves without HQ help. They raise 300,000 for a blimp etc. etc. At least they could be covering this as an amazing grassroots campaign but...

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:42 AM   #18
country flag Lillith

Lillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond repute

Malarkey. A true Libertarian (or even libertarian) should not favor interference with reproductive rights, forced Christian prayer in public schools or continued corporate welfare.

Paul is better than any of the republicans running, but that doesn't say much. The candidates on both sides of the aisle are abysmal this go round, which should make things even lovelier when the Greenspan-know-nothing-bout-monetary-policy-recession hits.

And if he still officially supports conversion to the gold standard, then he's perhaps even more of a moron than Greenspan and Friedman.

Last edited by Lillith : 12-17-2007 at 01:53 AM.
Lillith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:44 AM   #19
country flag Lillith

Lillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicofirol View Post
BTW whatever president comes next will be fucked because of the coming recession(caused by the monetary policy off course)

I do at least agree with this, which is why it would probably be best for a right wing zealot like Huckabee or romney to win. The faster their ilk are discredited the better.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:50 AM   #20
country flag Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
it all depends if the economy gets worse come january, february. paul will profit from a recession, as funny as it may sound.

and one more thing: what does it mean for people owning gold stocks, gold or have etf's on gold if the american president wants the gold standard back? is that gonna let the price skyrocket? and how is that gonna work?

i'd donate money to him (am i eligible as a european btw? don't know) if his election would make my investments go up.

If we really did make the return, it would end up being disastrous. Most asinine idea a Texas politician has had for some time, and that says something.

In answer to your question, foreign nationals can't contribute to US campaigns, though people with permanent legal residency in the US can.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:05 AM   #21
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
Malarkey. A true Libertarian (or even libertarian) should not favor interference with reproductive rights, forced Christian prayer in public schools or continued corporate welfare.
You could also look at abortion as interference with human rights.

And where in the world do you get that he supports forced Christian prayer and corporate welfare?

For the people that can't comprehend it well, this is quite obviously a pro-Ron Paul thread. If you don't like him, make your own thread.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:06 AM   #22
country flag Scotso

It looks like he raised around $6 million. Not bad for a day's work.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:34 AM   #23
country flag zicofirol

zicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith View Post

Paul is better than any of the republicans running, but that doesn't say much. The candidates on both sides of the aisle are abysmal this go round, which should make things even lovelier when the Greenspan-know-nothing-bout-monetary-policy-recession hits.

And if he still officially supports conversion to the gold standard, then he's perhaps even more of a moron than Greenspan and Friedman.
1. I disagree with his position on abortion but that is just one issue, besides he would not ban abortion in the US, he would just give the option of states to decides. He comes to this conclusion from the constitution and state rights...

2. He is the only candidate against corporate welfare, the ONLY!! and his record proves it.

3. He is not for forced prayer in school, in fact out of all the candidates he talks about his religion the least because he does not use religion to pander believers. In fact he defended Romney this week, saying that religion of a candidate should play no role in determining the quality of the candidate.

4. Actually Friedman was for eliminating the Fed(as are all if not most libertarians ). Greenspan also recently suggested in an interview that the Gold Standard woudl be better. The gold standard is also proposed by many economist and financial analyst, fiat money is what gives the government the power to create these booms/bust, if you had the dollar pegged to gold you wouldnt have the inflation we have now and it would be the world's strongest currency it would also take away the government's ability to create these artificial boom's.
MORE importantly it is unconstitutional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaxdUPNYj2s

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #24
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. I disagree with his position on abortion but that is just one issue, besides he would not ban abortion in the US, he would just give the option of states to decides. He comes to this conclusion from the constitution and state rights...

2. He is the only candidate against corporate welfare, the ONLY!! and his record proves it.

3. He is not for forced prayer in school, in fact out of all the candidates he talks about his religion the least because he does not use religion to pander believers. In fact he defended Romney this week, saying that religion of a candidate should play no role in determining the quality of the candidate.

4. Actually Friedman was for eliminating the Fed(as are all if not most libertarians ). Greenspan also recently suggested in an interview that the Gold Standard woudl be better. The gold standard is also proposed by many economist and financial analyst, fiat money is what gives the government the power to create these booms/bust, if you had the dollar pegged to gold you wouldnt have the inflation we have now and it would be the world's strongest currency it would also take away the government's ability to create these artificial boom's.

Yes, he is very good candidate, the most normal candidate among republicans. And it is really very suprising, why he had such faint support in society. Only 4 % normal people live in USA and what has this rest in heads? It is just as I supposed: the worst of the worst politicians win in USA.
By the way. Why must children pray at school? It is funny. What hipocrites rule in this country. They can send hundreds of tousends of soldiers to murder people, but they forced children to pray. Poland is Catholic country and it is irrefutable fact that in more intensive than USA citizens, but pray in school is allowed during lessons of religion. And how can it be explained that this faith in God is almost forced in USA, but the morality of society is none oder almost none.
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:12 AM   #25
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute

He seems to be a decent guy, and I doubt that he would make a worse president relative to the current frontrunners. However, we cannot really abolish the Central Bank these days and return to the Gold Standard. Still, it is healthy to point out arguments outside of the main consensus, if only to make people think about why a particular consensus is the way it is.

From the perspective of a foreigner that currently lives in the US, all is good as long as Guliani loses.

From Isaac Asimov's "Foundation".
Merton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:46 AM   #26
country flag Lillith

Quote:

My biggest problem with Ron Paul is the ignorance of most of his supporters. You and Scot are rather unfamiliar with your guy if you don't know some very basic things about this Christo-fascist.

Ron Paul supports amending the US Constitution to specifically state that life begins at conception (ie, fertilization). While his primary purpose for this is an end run to Roe, most people fail to understand that this also undermines Grisowld and Eisenstadt- very publicly stated goals of the right wing for a number of years now. Such an amendment would eliminate most forms of oral contraception, since the safest, most effective forms are those which will even prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. In Paul's world, that is murder and therefore illegal. How is that any different from the nitiwts Romney and Huckabee? Answer- it isn't.

Paul also supports amending the Constitution with the School Prayer Amendment backed by the religious zealots who are not satisfied with practicing their own religion and leaving me and my child the fuck alone.

For someone who supposedly respects the document, he sure as hell wants to amend the damn thing willy nilly.

Paul also supports censure of judges who have ordered mandatory school prayer be halted, supports teaching CREATIONISM as science, wants abstinence only sex ed, and supports sending TAX dollars to religious schools through vouchers. Yet you assert thathe doesn't pander? The "libertarian" who wants to send even more of my tax dollars to religious institutions doesn't pander? Alrighty then.

I won't go into great detail on the corporate welfare issues, but the man is supported by the COC. He is NOT opposed to corporate interests in the least, though he certainly isn't the worst of the republicans on corporate issues. He's maybe even a little better than Clinton on them. But while I don't agree with him on all issues, I must say that Dennis Kucinich would be the most anti-corporate of those running, and it isn't even close between him and Paul.

Paul is a lot of things, and pandering Christo-fascist would be included among them. The fact that he's still better than any of the other republicans (and probably Clinton) should tell you just how crappy our candidates are this time.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:13 AM   #27
country flag Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
However, we cannot really abolish the Central Bank these days and return to the Gold Standard. Still, it is healthy to point out arguments outside of the main consensus, if only to make people think about why a particular consensus is the way it is.
Seriously. It isn't as though our economy is the size of 1898, though Paul is the anti-Bryan in many ways economically, even if not socially.

Though I also agree that the discussion can be healthy and reforms are certainly needed at the Fed, IMF and World Bank.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #28
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

given that even the money bombs had hardly any effect on the actual polls, i think we might forget ron paul. he won't have any impact on any of the primaries nor will he come close to being a real contender for the job anyways, let alone become president.

it was fun to watch though.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #29
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

I see Ron Paul (from the Congressional biography: )

http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts...?index=P000583

...is a Republican, who registered Libertarian to run in 1988.

The 'Rule of Law' gave us the Federal Reserve...in 1913. This is the same year they rammed the Income tax (most probably illicitly and illegally) down our throats, amending the U.S. Constitution. ahem

If Ron Paul really acts to do away with the Fed and the Income tax, he'd better live in a tank. Kennedy, and Lincoln, and one other President?...Garfield??...were assassinated over financial policies, weren't they? If this Ron Paul is a long-term Republican party member, he'll fall into line, and into the quagmire of managing a huge government...with it's huge bureaucracies...and an ongoing war.

....add-on...........
Still, it's an interesting Google-vid, about "Money, Banking, and the Federal Reserve," and I may watch it again.

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link

Last edited by Richard_from_Cal : 01-02-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: add-on
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #30
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is right, a thread to the man that should be the next president of the United States.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

contribute tomorrow(Dec. 16) for the biggest 1 day donation intake ever: www.teaparty07.com
Why you ask:
Ron Paul:

- has never voted to raise taxes.
- has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
- has never voted to raise congressional pay.
- has never taken a government paid junket.
- voted against the Patriot Act.
- voted against regulating the Internet.
- voted against the Iraq war.
- Plans to bring troops home not only from Iraq, but from the 700 bases around the world(Korea, Japan, Germany)

- has never voted for restriction on gun ownership.
- has never voted to increase the power of the Executive branch.
- does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

More importantly Ron Paul will restore THE RULE OF LAW, that has been lost with the insane passing of legislation that "protects" us from home grown terrorist, when in reality all it does is take away our right.
For example with the patriot act the government (through the FBI) no longer requires a warrant from a judge to go into your house, they can now write their own warrants and you CANT tell anyone that you were served that warrant or you can be charged with a FELONY.

He also wants to return the US to the Gold Standard and end the FED's continuing devaluation of the dollar.

Not to make the post any longer I will end with these two things:
1.Watch the video I posted above and these two videos:
Ron Paul: House of Cards Excellent video of mostly Ron Paul clips criticizing Fed Chairman and the Fed in general, and why we need the gold standard. WATCH IT!

Good informative video on the FED: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...67002553&hl=en

and last vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIivoqLbeeg

2. The creator of www.obamala.com an avid supporter of Obama changed his mind and well here is what he says about it:
It is very wise, what he plans. He would be probably good president too, but he has one problem. He is superdemocrat among republicans. And another group of people votes for republicans and another for democrats. For republicans vote people ( most of all of course ),who have a few features: they have very narrow horizons (so called narrow-minded ), fanatics, mental simplicity ( murdering of people in another countries yes but abortion not ), rabid blokes and these small group who have benefits of such politics ( war, agression ). And these people will never choose a normal man for president.He would have chances, if he would be democrate candidate. I think that Clinton's wife should be republican candidate, because she has republicans idaes and Ron Paul should be democratic candidate. It is totally chaos in USA. I don`t understand it. I hope that Obama will win and he will be good president.
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote