2008 TT TB System - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2008 TT TB System

edit: now showing the 2009 TB System

Tiebreak System (TB)

TB System will have to be used in the event of both players/teams tipping the same amount of winners in a round.

For each round the manager must decide on 20 SR (set ratio) matches and these should be numbered SR1 > SR20 with SR1 also being a PTS (predict-the-score) match. This should be done for every round (where possible). These selected matches should be considered to be the most difficult to predict in the schedule. However selection of the matches chosen is always at the manager's discretion. For every 1st round of every draw (singles & doubles, main draw & qualifying) players should send PTS scores for all 20 SR matches. This is done to avoid any match being decided by ranking.

The new TT TB System:

Quote:
Note: Matches with retirement won't count in the TB system.

1. Total # of Set Ratios correct: 1-20 (20 where possible) > if same then

2. Set Ratio shoot-out: 1-20 (compare SR1, SR2, SR3, etc.) > if same then

Note: When both players pick the loser, the shoot-out win goes to the one who gave more sets to the winner.

3. PTS 1 (1-20 in all first round matches)

Both players have incorrect winner in the PTS match: +2 points for every set predicted for the winner

Correct order of sets for:

1 set – 1 point
2 sets – 4 points
3 sets – 7 points
4 sets – 10 points
5 sets – 13 points

Correct scoreline for:

1 set – 3 points
2 sets – 6 points
3 sets – 9 points
4 sets – 12 points
5 sets – 15 points

4. Tournament Countback (CB) - # of correct picks from all the previous rounds (qualifying not counted)

5. CB1 (countback from previous round), CB2 (countback from two rounds back), CB3, etc.

6. Steps 1-3 from the previous round(s)

7. Game Difference and Number of Games System (taken from the PTS scores) (If the picked player of either TT-player loses, the PTS doesn't count for GD purposes; 20 possible GD matches in the first rounds)

The game difference and the number of games played is used.

example 1
player A - Federer 6-4 6-3 = +5 game difference and 19 games played
player B - Federer 6-4 7-5 = +4 game difference and 22 games played

result - Federer 6-4 7-6 = +3 game difference and 23 games played.

player A -> 2 game difference + 4 games played = 6
player B -> 1 game difference + 1 games played = 2

-> player B def player A

example 2
player A - Federer 6-1 1-6 7-6 = +1 game difference and 27 games played
player B - Federer 7-5 6-7 7-6 = +2 game difference and 38 games played

result - Federer 7-6 6-7 7-6 = +1 game difference and 39 games played.

player A -> 0 game difference + 12 games played = 12
player B -> 1 game difference + 1 games played = 2

-> player B def player A

If there's a tie, the player with the closer game difference will advance. If both players have the same game difference and the same number of games played, then

8. Ranking (the higher ranked player/team wins)

Last edited by Labamba : 12-22-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2008 TT TB System

examples (to come)

Please use this thread to ask any questions about the new TB System
Old 12-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #3
country flag Tankman

Tankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond repute

Wait up... sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but we're not counting retirements AT ALL?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it... but I thought there was a resolution to leave it as it was and count ret. matches

Tennis Tipping 2013
Doubles (275): W
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Tankman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #4
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankman View Post
Wait up... sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but we're not counting retirements AT ALL?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it... but I thought there was a resolution to leave it as it was and count ret. matches
Yeah, I thought the decision was to count them as a winner, but not in the TB, ...as it was now.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
country flag Labamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankman View Post

good question that needs clarification

The matches with retirement (one point played) will count as normal when you are counting how many picks the player has correct, nothing has changed there.

But the idea is not to count them if the match is tied and is decided by the TB System. For example, the match goes to TB part 3. SR shoot-out...SR1 is Verdasco vs Mathieu, Verdasco def. Mathieu 6-7 4-6 5-5 ret., player A has Verdasco and player B has Mathieu. In the old system player A would have won this, now this match won't count and we go the next SR.

The question that was left open was which parts of the TB System this would concern? This brings up another question, is there some cases where a match with retirement should count in the TB System (6-3 3-0 ret. for example)?
Old 12-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

6-3 3-0 ret. have to be counted..

tiptopdaisy lost a match in Lima this year.. he was needing Horna 2-0 in sets if not he will lost in the next SR..
and Horna won 6-0 3-0 ret.. so the match wasn`t counted for SR and he lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
country flag Labamba

^The retirement rule in TB is clearly one matter that still needs to be resolved before the new season.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #8

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

the match only should be counted for TB Rule if the winner is break up in the final set of the match. and with 2 or 3 games difference in this last set

Quote:
HELlas ole ole
Old 12-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #9
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

in challenger circuit we can't know if the player was break up
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #10
country flag Labamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoM_Fan View Post
the match only should be counted for TB Rule if the winner is break up in the final set of the match. and with 2 or 3 games difference in this last set
needs to be more specific, the rule has to be ironclad and that can work without livescores
Old 12-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #11

so. 2 or 3 games difference in the final set for the winner.

there wont be many situations like this next year. but I think there should be rule to solve any match like this.

Quote:
HELlas ole ole
Old 12-13-2007, 11:15 PM   #12

Smile Re: 2008 TT TB System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
needs to be more specific, the rule has to be ironclad and that can work without livescores
forget livescores

if the result is:

Marcaccio 6-4 3-6 1-0 ret. = not counted
Marcaccio 6-4 5-7 3-0 ret. = counted like Marcaccio 2-1

Marcaccio 6-0 5-0 ret. = counted like Marcaccio 2-0
Marcaccio 6-0 1-0 ret. = not counted

only if the winner of the match is leading with a more than 2 games difference (or more games difference )

Quote:
HELlas ole ole
Old 12-14-2007, 07:04 AM   #13
country flag Labamba

Marcaccio 6-0 2-0 ret. not counted, but
Marcaccio 6-0 3-0 ret. would count

What would be your suggestion for the best of 5 matches?
Old 12-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #14
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

I lost in what i think is the most TT unlucky match of history to be played and a really sucky Retired match by gremelmayr vs fognini, fognini trailing 64 53RET and i lost on pts after having a difference of me picking fognini 2-0 vs 2-1..

that sucked really bad.. but, apart from being a really rare case, in my opinion retiring matches shouldnt count at all.. (not even the 64 53)

let's not leave room for free interpretation cos this game is getting bigger and bigger.. and a rule is a rule, no exceptions..

What i mean is..sounds unfair to the person under that circunstance.. but, well.. it happened to me, and it was horrible cos i thought i deserved a win, but well.. that was it.. I kinda knew the rules and there was not much i could do.. i tried to ask if the match could be considered and i got a "no", which was fair enough.. and well..tried to leave it alone..

i thought it was really unfair but looking back i think "rules are rules" and no matter how close it was.. i only blame :retard: gremelmayr for retiring, not the rules.. those are clear and we should know them and be ok with them.. no matter what, and even if an specific case look unfair, rules apply for everyone.. leave the retired matches out of the tie break IMO

lets save energy on discussing if a match should or should not be counted.. when retired.. we all must know they dont, unfair or not, those are the rules, deal with them

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #15
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Not really possible to post the differences with #2-Total # of Set Ratios correct: 1-10 ...

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote