Like I said in a previous post, 2007 is officially in the books. So, what could 2008 possibly hold for David and his fans? I don't know, but I'm going to have fun watching. How about you? Anyhow, here's what I wish for, and you may add any wishes that you may have as well...
1. That David win a GS...anywhere...just to put to rest the "underachiever" label once and for all.
2. That a certain 'tard curb his enthusiasm and stop trolling other players' threads to rile up their fans.
3. For someone to fix the bandwagon. The bandwagon has gotten so full, that anyone who's wanting to ride must walk alongside it or rent their own damn vehicles.
4. That David could have at least ONE injury-free season..and let it be THIS one. I would like to see two or three more Masters crowns to make their home beside the Madrid and Paris ones.
5. That the fat Dave label gets burned in effigy along with the horrific bags-and-rags mess that he wore on court. It's time to show off your new body in figure-flattering fashions, David (how's that for alliterative quality?).
Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.
Hope he can keep playing well for most of the year, not necessarily Madrid/Paris form all the time since that's probably him at his absolute peak but playing at a relatively high level for his standards.
Sigmagirl91 ....you said it best..My biggest wish is a seasonTOTALLY injury free and playing with the confidence he had in the last part of '07. I really would love for him to bitch slap everyone who calls him f...Dave by showing up on court looking truly fit and wearing clothes that show it. Confidence and consistency at his best level would help him acheive what we all know he can do. I hope I can be in Cincy 08 when he wins the Masters there!
Consistency. Cut out those frequent violent influxes of form. No more free-falling from the rankings and NO more early tournament tanking.
Fitness. David's yet to put his new fit self through the grueling two-weeks of a slam. Here's hoping he's fit enough and conserves enough energy for the latter rounds.
My first wish for David is that his new team sticks tight with him and do their jobs well. I think they have made all the difference in what we have seen from David this fall.
Next, I'll join all of you in wishing for an injury free season. The chance of that improves along with his fitness level. This will be the challenge in '08 for his team. (There's a reason TMF travels with a physical therapist as well as a trainer.)
Most of all, I wish he'll be facing TMF on court with regularity. Presuming he stays top 10, this will mean going deep into tournaments and winning his share. Frankly, this is a somewhat selfish wish on my part. There's a tension on the court when these two play that I relish. TMF seems to bring out David's best game. And it's so much fun watching for that look on TMF's face when he smells defeat even after he's shifted his own game into overdrive.
After that last wish, I better conclude by wishing David steely cold nerves in dealing with it and the confidence that follows success.
I just want him to stay focused on his game. And yes, David being injury free is a big wish too. I'm pretty confident that results will follow if this guy gives it all so that is what I want for 2008. A warrior on the court, in every match!
Vamos David and Juan Carlos
Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.