2008 Wish List.... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2008 Wish List....

Like I said in a previous post, 2007 is officially in the books. So, what could 2008 possibly hold for David and his fans? I don't know, but I'm going to have fun watching. How about you? Anyhow, here's what I wish for, and you may add any wishes that you may have as well...

1. That David win a GS...anywhere...just to put to rest the "underachiever" label once and for all.

2. That a certain 'tard curb his enthusiasm and stop trolling other players' threads to rile up their fans.

3. For someone to fix the bandwagon. The bandwagon has gotten so full, that anyone who's wanting to ride must walk alongside it or rent their own damn vehicles.

4. That David could have at least ONE injury-free season..and let it be THIS one. I would like to see two or three more Masters crowns to make their home beside the Madrid and Paris ones.

5. That the fat Dave label gets burned in effigy along with the horrific bags-and-rags mess that he wore on court. It's time to show off your new body in figure-flattering fashions, David (how's that for alliterative quality?).
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2008 Wish List....

Sounds good to me -- a GS title and no more pajamas on the court!

How about a return to the TOP 3. If he stays injury free AND focused - guesss that should be the biggest wish of all, no reason we can't wish for #1 while we are at it...
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #3
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

A Grand Slam title and injury free will be good!

Hope he can keep playing well for most of the year, not necessarily Madrid/Paris form all the time since that's probably him at his absolute peak but playing at a relatively high level for his standards.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:32 AM   #4
country flag myrt

myrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond repute

Sigmagirl91 ....you said it best..My biggest wish is a seasonTOTALLY injury free and playing with the confidence he had in the last part of '07. I really would love for him to bitch slap everyone who calls him f...Dave by showing up on court looking truly fit and wearing clothes that show it. Confidence and consistency at his best level would help him acheive what we all know he can do. I hope I can be in Cincy 08 when he wins the Masters there!
myrt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
country flag bittertea

bittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond repute

Consistency. Cut out those frequent violent influxes of form. No more free-falling from the rankings and NO more early tournament tanking.
Fitness. David's yet to put his new fit self through the grueling two-weeks of a slam. Here's hoping he's fit enough and conserves enough energy for the latter rounds.

Of course the ultimate wish is a GS title.
bittertea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

if injury free he can do AO and FO!!
May be all four of them?
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:37 AM   #7
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

my wishes :

no injuries,
that he is able to mantain good form throughout the whole year,
no rally's, golf tournaments, doughnut competitions ...& the likes,
commitment &
a Grand Slam or two.

I don't ask for much.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:41 AM   #8
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

and I almost forgot,

hopefully he will defeat Stan the man next year.

One can hope.

justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:44 AM   #9
country flag jan-moline

jan-moline has a reputation beyond reputejan-moline has a reputation beyond reputejan-moline has a reputation beyond reputejan-moline has a reputation beyond reputejan-moline has a reputation beyond reputejan-moline has a reputation beyond reputejan-moline has a reputation beyond reputejan-moline has a reputation beyond reputejan-moline has a reputation beyond reputejan-moline has a reputation beyond reputejan-moline has a reputation beyond repute

Whee! I love this topic!

My first wish for David is that his new team sticks tight with him and do their jobs well. I think they have made all the difference in what we have seen from David this fall.

Next, I'll join all of you in wishing for an injury free season. The chance of that improves along with his fitness level. This will be the challenge in '08 for his team. (There's a reason TMF travels with a physical therapist as well as a trainer.)

Most of all, I wish he'll be facing TMF on court with regularity. Presuming he stays top 10, this will mean going deep into tournaments and winning his share. Frankly, this is a somewhat selfish wish on my part. There's a tension on the court when these two play that I relish. TMF seems to bring out David's best game. And it's so much fun watching for that look on TMF's face when he smells defeat even after he's shifted his own game into overdrive.

After that last wish, I better conclude by wishing David steely cold nerves in dealing with it and the confidence that follows success.
jan-moline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #10
country flag joyk

joyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. That David win a GS...anywhere...just to put to rest the "underachiever" label once and for all.
He'd still be an underachiever even if that happens,he's too talented for just one slam.
joyk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:23 AM   #11
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

I just want him to stay focused on his game. And yes, David being injury free is a big wish too. I'm pretty confident that results will follow if this guy gives it all so that is what I want for 2008. A warrior on the court, in every match!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:04 AM   #12
country flag Hola Mr. SK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond repute

1.that he win at least 3 slams!
2.that Nalbandwagon last for the entire year!
Hola Mr. SK is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:21 AM   #13
country flag Marek.

Marek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond repute

His form stays consistent and that he finally wins a grand slam.
Marek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skykisser View Post
1.that he win at least 3 slams!
2.that Nalbandwagon last for the entire year!
If #1 happens, then #2 is practically assured. As it is now, the bandwagon is totally full..and totally broken down due to the overcrowding.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #15
country flag Nalrodd

Nalrodd has a reputation beyond reputeNalrodd has a reputation beyond reputeNalrodd has a reputation beyond reputeNalrodd has a reputation beyond reputeNalrodd has a reputation beyond reputeNalrodd has a reputation beyond reputeNalrodd has a reputation beyond reputeNalrodd has a reputation beyond reputeNalrodd has a reputation beyond reputeNalrodd has a reputation beyond reputeNalrodd has a reputation beyond repute

I just wish him to play his good tennis.