The Potito Starace fan club - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #481
country flag alexito
amo la nba

alexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Potito Starace fan club

3er set atp umag 2011

POTITO STARACE vs JUAN CHELA

http://videobam.com/gOhyY
alexito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #482
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Poto won a classic match with Chela in R2 of Umag 4-6 6-4 7-5 in over 2 1/2 hours, after being down *3-0 and *5-4 in the third, and match point on Chela's serve, which he saved with a return winner. He played without care after being down and just went for his shots, and hit a lot of dropshots, and it worked for him!

He hasn't won a match since then, however. Lost in three to Fognini in the QF, lost R1 in Kitzbuhel by retirement against Haase, and lost in doubles in straight sets with Volandri playing Rosol/Wassen. His ranking slipped out of the top 60 with his finalist points in Umag dropping.

Next up for Poto are Italian challengers, and the USO.

Last edited by Filo V. : 08-03-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #483
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

No-one has posted in this thread for a while, so I think now is the perfect time for an update. Poto won the challenger in San Marino in early August without losing a set, defeating Martin Klizan in the finals. After that, he won a match at the US Open vs Berrer, he won his singles match vs Capdeville to help advance Italy into the World Group of Davis Cup for the first time since 2000, and he made the QF of St. Petersburg, beating a WC and Tursunov before losing to Tipsarevic.

Unfortunately 2012 hasn't started off so well, with a 3-9 record and no back-to-back tournament wins. He defends a final in a couple of weeks at Casablanca so hopefully he can do better on European clay. His next scheduled event is a challenger next week in Barletta so hopefully playing in Italy does the trick and brings Poto's form back, as it usually does.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #484
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Poto plays Marti in the first round of Barletta.

He's scheduled to play Hanescu in the QF of the event, it is a tough draw, but Poto loves playing in Italy and it brings out his best level. Hopefully that trend continues and he has a deep run in Barletta!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #485
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Barletta R1: Starace def. Marti 6-2 3-6 6-3

Tough match, Poto didn't play his best, but got more offensive in the third set and Marti served horribly in the set. A win like this should spur him on for better play in his next matches.

He plays Munoz De La Nava on Thursday. GL, Poto!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #486
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Poto won 6-4 6-3 over Munoz. He didn't play that great but it was better than his first match. He made many errors at the beginning but began to be much more consistent as the match went on.

Poto plays Hanescu in the QF, the third match on the center court. He will have to play a lot better to beat someone of Hanescu's class, but Poto does have the 4-2 H2H advantage, so hopefully he'll extend that lead on Friday!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #487
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

75 62 to Hanescu
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #488
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 2 and 0, injured
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #489
country flag Champion number 1

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Won R1 in MC but lost to Almagro in R2.

Especially Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Champion number 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #490
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

What's the news with his injury ? will he be able to go back well in the beginning of 2013 ?
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #491
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I found that article : http://www.livetennis.it/post/121008...i-non-mancano/

says that his back problems (especially after Umag) are now solved, plays in Italian and French championships now, and is very motivated for a tough 2013 where he will have to play qualies and challengers because of his new ranking (around 150) and that he will have no protected rankings.