The Potito Starace fan club - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-15-2004, 03:35 PM   #31
country flag potito

potito will become famous soon enoughpotito will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Potito Starace fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi
I'm hoping that his website will be ready very soon. Maybe I'll find more nice pics and get to know a little bit more about him.
Not yet a website, but a special forum dedicated (...in Italian...) where you can find all about Potito 'JET' Starace (news, interviews, photos, etc...all by people very close to him...)

Here's the link:
http://www.tennisteen.it/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=28
potito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2004, 10:28 PM   #32
country flag mitalidas

mitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

anyone else think that Potito is Adrien Brody's long-lost brother and/or separated at birth?!

I recently wrote that to Jon Wertheim (cnnsi.com/tennis) .... and he didn't post it on his column, so I guess he doesn't think its that close a resemblance. Anyone share my opinion?

Btw, Adrien Brody was the pianist in , well, "The Pianist"
mitalidas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 08:46 AM   #33
country flag Champion number 1

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Potito in your first match of the Davis Cup... beat Enev 6-1 6-2 6-3. Forza Potito and Italia!
Champion number 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 04:07 PM   #34
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not yet a website, but a special forum dedicated (...in Italian...) where you can find all about Potito 'JET' Starace (news, interviews, photos, etc...all by people very close to him...)
His official website is coming soon, www.potitostarace.it. I just came across that on the internet. It's very difficult for me to find something about him, because I really can't read Italian. I only know Forza and Ciao .
And Potito, how long are you a fan? You really know a lot about him.
That brings another question up.... What does JET mean?
Old 07-18-2004, 04:34 PM   #35
country flag potito

'Jet' is the nickname the Forum Administrators chose for Potito. I guess 'cause his serve and his forehand can really fly...

Anyway, while the website is under construction, you can start enjoying some Potito's pics in this thread : http://www.tennisteen.it/phpbb/viewt...6a0c19c4c11184
Old 07-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #36
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! The pic with safin is really nice, I don't know what it is, but I love the way he looks at Safin's hand .
Old 07-19-2004, 01:13 AM   #37
country flag potito

Angry Re: The Potito Starace fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi
Thank you! The pic with safin is really nice, I don't know what it is, but I love the way he looks at Safin's hand .

Don't you know what happened with Safin at the Roland Garros? Really?

Well, The great Potito at his first Grand Slam, after beating Tursunov and Grosjean both in 3 sets was facing in the 3rd round the former number one Marat Safin, and he was going to win...

He was serving for the match (5-4 in the 4th set)...
...and the line-judge called a foot-fault on the match-point.
The second in 2 match, the second on a match-point; it happened with grosjean too, but that time he won. So, serve and volley with the second ball, great serve, good volley, but a miracle of Safin and was again Deuce.

And what did he do, the great Marat, in the game most important of the match, when they were 40-40???
He calls the medical aid!!!
When the match is going to end???
When Potito is 2 points from an historical exploit???
Yes, he had a Hand Injury...

Marat seems to say: look at my blisters...
while Potito seems to think many things.....

Anyway, you know how the match was over (Safin won 6-7(4) 6-4 3-6 7-5 7-5). He played great, but some other times he called the medical aid (in the most delicate moments, obvious...).
A very Fair Player, no doubt about it...

Potito is still looking for take his revenge

Last edited by potito : 07-19-2004 at 01:21 AM. Reason: pic added
Old 07-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #38

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Potito got cheated then for sure. Now Potito is in Austria at the GEnerali Open with Marc Lopez in round 1... these 2 had a tough battle in qualifying for the French Open so this might be a tough matvh for Potito but I expect him to win now as he has entered a diferent level since then.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:57 AM   #39
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am not really a Potito fan just yet, but I do really like his game and do support him in most of his matches When I've seen a bit more of him, I might become a fan

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robredo|Smycze k|J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 10:00 AM   #40
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

The earring should go though

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers

Old 07-19-2004, 10:30 AM   #41
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Don't you know what happened with Safin at the Roland Garros? Really?
I heard something about blisters and Safin calling the medical aid, but I watched a live scoreboard the whole match. Dutch channels always prefer to see a countryman lose, rather than broadcasting an exciting match like this one . They never broadcasted one of Potito's matches and they just showed like 1 minute in the highlights of the day.
Quote:
Potito is still looking for take his revenge
Potito will be the better player next time .
Quote:
The earring should go though
No, it shouldn't....
Old 07-19-2004, 11:27 AM   #42
country flag Kezzi

One to watch: Potito Starace
The rising Italian star is enjoying a breakthrough year on the ATP circuit.

I noticed it on the atptennis.com homepage a minute ago .
Old 07-19-2004, 01:06 PM   #43
MONSOON season.

Uhoh that means he is cursed. Everyone who is named One to watch on the ATP site plays like crap after

Old 07-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #44
country flag Kezzi

Not The great Potito .
Old 07-21-2004, 05:58 AM   #45

Yeah I remember Volandri has been named on it twice and after both he went on a bad run... lol.

Hopefully not the same for Starace, well at least Potito won 76 62 yesterday over Marc Lopez... faces Tomas Berdych today, the 15th seed.