Part 2 : Which one of these 8 youngsters will have the best career? Cilic, etc etc) - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #136
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part 2. Which one of these 8 youngsters will have the best career?

I feel sorry for him actually. The fact that he got popularized so fast didn't do him any good expect for those WCs he's getting. Well anyway he's only 19 and still has the time to get some results.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #137
country flag Karolina_Sprem

Karolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I feel sorry for him actually. The fact that he got popularized so fast didn't do him any good expect for those WCs he's getting. Well anyway he's only 19 and still has the time to get some results.

Karolina_Sprem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #138
country flag ~Maya~
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute

Gulbis and Cilic
~Maya~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #139
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina_Sprem View Post
Wrong... Seles trained at Bollettieri's Academy but with her dad...She was working with academy's coaches for few months but her game suffered so she decided to stay in academy but to work only with her dad...

P.s. Young worked at Bollettieri's academy but this is not what we talked about....
If you are going to call Young a Bollettieri product, then Becker and Seles are that. So Young's parents are his coaches, no different from Karolj.

As for Young, he seemed to learn his lessons, the hard way and after all the gifts and went back and did the Challenger thing, as he should have originally. It's easy to write off people.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #140

Karolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond reputeKarolina_Sprem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
If you are going to call Young a Bollettieri product, then Becker and Seles are that. So Young's parents are his coaches, no different from Karolj.

As for Young, he seemed to learn his lessons, the hard way and after all the gifts and went back and did the Challenger thing, as he should have originally. It's easy to write off people.
I'm glad that you admit this... That was my point... He did get TOOO MANY WC"s even tho he didn't deserve many of them...It is sad how players are treated differently in terms of who belongs to IMG and who not...but it showed up throughout the past that justice win... It's obvious that Young should be at the moment on ITF tournaments not ATP because he's game is not good enough...and "thx" to that treatment IMG showed how to "bury" a good tennis talent.... Sad but true....
I agree it's easy to write off players but also it is easy to "push" and popularized some players even tho some of them don't deserve that for certain level like some people do....
Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #141
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Well the above was pretty much formed the original thread that this was based on. The original being "Which Group of Youngsters" and you will see how they are grouped and you will get it.

The people around Young were seduced by the lure of WCs and pushed him down the throat of people before he was ready. I mean he was not ready like Krickstein, Hewitt, Nadal, Borg, Wilander, Davin at that age to play these events.

He was progessing quite well last season and did well to make the 3rd round of the US Open in 07, but he will need to be very fortunate to reach that stage.

The actions of IMG and the handlers of Young have polarised opinons and I can understand why some people are pissed off with the massive overhype, and want to see him fail, then there is the other side of that.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Well the above was pretty much formed the original thread that this was based on. The original being "Which Group of Youngsters" and you will see how they are grouped and you will get it.

The people around Young were seduced by the lure of WCs and pushed him down the throat of people before he was ready. I mean he was not ready like Krickstein, Hewitt, Nadal, Borg, Wilander, Davin at that age to play these events.

He was progessing quite well last season and did well to make the 3rd round of the US Open in 07, but he will need to be very fortunate to reach that stage.

The actions of IMG and the handlers of Young have polarised opinons and I can understand why some people are pissed off with the massive overhype, and want to see him fail, then there is the other side of that.
I'm pissed off just because of different treatment that some players do have and that is a fact... Probably you've noticed that I'm not a "fan of IMG" just because of this reason... A good talented player should have the same chance and treatment no matter if he belongs to IMG or not but unfortunately it doesn't work like that...
I don't want to see him fail... As i said I'm just pissed off when I have to read all of those comments about Young how good he is etc etc when he didn't show a lot comparing to some other players who have worked maybe harder and showed more but still don't have treatment like they should have...
Old 08-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #143
country flag peterparker

peterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
i still believe in The Don
The Don has some serious skills, more people should believe in the Don.
peterparker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:27 AM   #144
country flag peterparker

peterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond reputepeterparker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm pissed off just because of different treatment that some players do have and that is a fact... Probably you've noticed that I'm not a "fan of IMG" just because of this reason... A good talented player should have the same chance and treatment no matter if he belongs to IMG or not but unfortunately it doesn't work like that...
I don't want to see him fail... As i said I'm just pissed off when I have to read all of those comments about Young how good he is etc etc when he didn't show a lot comparing to some other players who have worked maybe harder and showed more but still don't have treatment like they should have...
This is a lot of monday morning quarterbacking. The fact is that IMG makes some decisions based on who they think is going to make it and who they think isn't. Sometimes they are correct sometimes not, but my guess is they are more correct than the typical usenet poster.

Ofcourse the young family might have needed some money as well and was willing to take the risk of young getting thrashed. I agree with you that he did seem to get hurt mentally by the initial losses.
peterparker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #145
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Of course it happens, coming from the right country helps as well, perfect example is like Murray, Monfils, Roddick, they hardly played challenger events when they started because they didn't need to, because they were able to take advantage of being from the right place. Of course, this doesn't mean that they weren't going to make it as players, there are different ways of doing it. I mean Federer played Futures, Djokovic qualified for all the Slams in one year, these guys on the list are progressing their own way.

IMG is no different from any multinational corporation and yes they are hugely involved with the ATP, considering Mark Miles the first leader was an IMG guy. They are going to push their agenda through and get their clients the deals. Yes, IMG are a bunch of pricks, this is obvious.

If the player is good enough and works to their maximum potential, then they will make it to through, no matter at what speed their biggest successes are achieved.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #146
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker View Post
The Don has some serious skills, more people should believe in the Don.
The Don showed some good skills in the match with Blake, but inexperience cost him.

Gulbis has some points to defend this time around, he is going to play Roddick and will fancy his chances, but he is liable to fuck it up as well.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-31-2008, 09:49 AM   #147
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Tsonga doing well on his comeback. Big Querrey makes a 4th round at GS level for the first time, but he won't be beating Nadal.

Cilic going well, though very tough one for him against Djokovic.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-02-2008, 05:50 AM   #148
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Here are the updated results after the US Open.

Big Sam had the best performance this event.

Code:
1. Cilic	9-4
2. Tsonga	8-2
3. Gulbis	6-4
4. Bolelli	5-4
4. Querrey	5-4
6. Zverev	2-4
6. Korolev	2-4
8. Young	        0-4

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #149
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Default Re: Which one of these 8 youngsters will have the best career? (Gulbis, Cilic, etc et

It will be interesting to see if Tsonga can have an injury free year.

Cilic and Querrey have won titles this year. Tsonga and Gulbis have had the best individual GS result.

Bolelli has some of the worst returns in the top 100, as for the others, we'll see.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #150
country flag vucina
Banned!

vucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which one of these 8 youngsters will have the best career? (Gulbis, Cilic, etc et

It's going to be very hard for the youngsters like Young and Nishikori, there's not much room for small guys on the tour these days.
vucina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote