§_§_§_The Season 2008 Down Under_§_§_§ - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #121
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: §_§_§_The Season 2008 Down Under_§_§_§

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
13. Richard is not the player to do well, when he is exhausted. He is normally not a guy to grind out matches day in day-out. His career so far just does not point in this drection. And I don't think he will ever be a second coming of Nadal, Ferrer, etc. If you expect him to be like that, you are craving disappointment. Take him for what he is, and life as a fan will be a lot easier.
SO true. Richard is what he is and his at times explosive style always has potential to implode. We have to just celebrate the wonderful victories and shrug off the sad defeats. He may never be ranked higher than he is now or he may surprise us all. He has the talent but as we all know talent alone is not enough to reach the very Top.

No matter what, Richard is a very classy guy who can make watching tennis an absolute joy (and a major frustration). The season is young and so is he. The fun has just begun....
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #122
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
SO true. Richard is what he is and his at times explosive style always has potential to implode. We have to just celebrate the wonderful victories and shrug off the sad defeats.
So true. And off all the defeats we had to shrug off, this one was by far not the sadest one.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #123
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So true. And off all the defeats we had to shrug off, this one was by far not the sadest one.
Aren't you an optimistic fan?
Well I don't expect too much at AO, but at least hopefully he does well to keep his rankings. Gonzalez and Roddick have lots points to defend, so hopefully it wouldn't be that much hard if he defends his points of last year.

Last edited by my0118 : 01-09-2008 at 03:03 PM.
my0118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #124
country flag richie21

richie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaplenske View Post
not good to stop there at sydney,would be better if he could have the possibilty to play couple of other matches before AO but thats not dramatic.
Tursunov is a good player who can,in a given day,beat every top player.The most important for richard is to get used to the new courts,play in the australian summer conditions to be ready at AO.

Still alive indouble with tsonga,hopefully he will work on his game,returs,serve,attaquing game.He has to be more agressive for AO.

when willthe AO draw be released?

I don't remember Tursunov beating guys like Federer,Nadal or Djokovic.....
Tursunov is a good player but let's be honest,a "normal" Richard should never have problem to beat him.
richie21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #125
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by my0118 View Post
Aren't you an optimistic fan?
No worries. I remain optimistic, but that does not mean that I expect Richard to win every match, even if i believe he CAN win most of them. This is not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie21 View Post
I don't remember Tursunov beating guys like Federer,Nadal or Djokovic.....
Tursunov is a good player but let's be honest,a "normal" Richard should never have problem to beat him.
You can't remember Tursunov beating Nadal or Djokovis as he never played them. His record against Roger is 0-2, he took a set of him in Montreal 2006.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #126
country flag richie21

richie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3. Richard is not the player to do well, when he is exhausted. He is normally not a guy to grind out matches day in day-out. His career so far just does not point in this drection. And I don't think he will ever be a second coming of Nadal, Ferrer, etc. If you expect him to be like that, you are craving disappointment. Take him for what he is, and life as a fan will be a lot easier.

Yeah but even coming at the AO exhausted,he could have rested during the tournament and regained some energy during the first week as he probably(depends on the draw) wouldn't have had very hard matches in the first rounds.
Even an exhausted Richard can beat players who are not in the top 40......obviously he would have more problems against better players.

Well ,judging by this video,Richard is as defensive as he has ever been......and his forehand is still as weird as before.
richie21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:30 PM   #127
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know but what i was saying is that he is still not to the point where he can use smaller tournaments like Sydney as a preparation for the GSs (guys like Federer,Nadal,Roddick,Hewitt who have already won GSs or even Djokovic who have won MSs have the credibility to do that but not Gasquet) .......he is still (to my regret) at a stage where he needs to prove he can win those tournaments.(i mean,he has yet to even win a tier 1 tournament,let alone a MS or a GS)
As i said,Sydney was probably a bigger tournament than any of the tournament he has won so far in his career so if he only used it as a preparation for the AO,that's very disappointing.
For a number 8 in the world who just made the TMC ,to only win 1 match in his first tournament is not very good for the confidence ,you can't deny it.
Yeah i know he had some troubles during his preparation but apparently,in the last 2 weeks,everything was oki so.....

Before winning the GSs, you perhaps don't need to win all the tournaments leading up to it but you certainly need to win some "intermediary" tournaments like tier 1 tournaments and the Master Series..........and Gasquet has yet to win a tier 1 or a MS.
You'll very rarely see players winning GSs before winning at least one tier 1 title or a MS.
Well he reached the SF of Wimbledon last year without defending his Nottingham title earlier.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:55 AM   #128
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoyed Richie's doubles match with Jo against Damm/Vizner - he looked more relaxed

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #129
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... but you certainly need to win some "intermediary" tournaments like tier 1 tournaments and the Master Series..........and Gasquet has yet to win a tier 1 or a MS.
You mean he should play WTA ??

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #130
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute

The draw ceremony will take place on Friday (11/1/2008, tomorrow) and we can hear it on radio live.

Quote:
AO 2008 official draw live on AO Radio
Thursday, 10 January, 2008
By Charlotte James

Listen to the Australian Open 2008 official draw live on AO Radio served up by Mastercard on Friday, January 11 at 10am AEDST.

Tune into the official tournament draw to find out who your favourite tennis players meet in the first round of the Grand Slam of Asia/Pacific.

Join hosts Brett Phillips, Bruce Eva, and Torrey Dorsey as they guide you through the draw ceremony and highlight some of the key first round match-ups at Australian Open 2008 and speak to top Aussie players Peter Luczak and Casey Dellacqua about their prospects in the first Grand Slam of 2008.

You can listen live here at australianopen.com by clicking http://www.australianopen.com./en_AU...dio/index.html or, if you’re within a 2km radius of Melbourne Park, tune in to FM99.7.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #131
country flag tami

tami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond repute

no matches with gasquet on today, but saw him out at practice court with tsonga. he was there for a good hour, so that was pretty much as intense and focused a practice session i have seen him do all week. he was a little frustrated every now and then through it, chucking his racquet once, and yelling out a little bit. but overall he was quite relaxed by the end, smiling and joking with the other frenchies on the court. it was really nice to see, i wish it would happen more.

and gasquet was practising his secret weapon for the AO......the double-handed backhand!!!!

well, he was trying it out, because tsonga does it. he didn't seem to like it much, not really understanding how it could be done so smoothly, as he indicated to tsonga. but it was funny to see him give it a try, shows he was in good humour - and he can be quite hilarious!!

sorry, i didn't take any photos of it, it's hard to watch all this stuff going on and take pics at the same time....or maybe i'm just bad at mutlitasking.
tami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #132
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tami View Post
.....and gasquet was practising his secret weapon for the AO......the double-handed backhand!!!!
Quelle horreur!

Thanks Tami.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 01-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #133
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck to Richie in the Aussie Open!!!

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #134
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...s/ms/r1s3.html

I like this draw very much !

I'm a little bit worried by Lopez after what Richie said about the balls, but it's because i'm always anxious right after i see a draw.
Andreev for the third round would be interesting, and Murray in 1/8 would be very fun to watch !
I'm looking forward to the beginning of the tournament !

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret

Last edited by Renaud : 01-11-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #135
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit his draw isn't too bad.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote