§_§_§_The Season 2008 Down Under_§_§_§ - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #61
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: §_§_§_The Season 2008 Down Under_§_§_§

This is make it or break it time.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #62
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice comeback in tiebreak Richard! He was down 3-6 with Igor serving for second set.

Tough match to start things off this season, but win is a win.

Allez!!
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #63
country flag Ginevra83

Ginevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: §_§_§_The Season 2008 Down Under_§_§_§

Bravò Richard!! But no more heart attack for your lovely fans!!It's just the beginning

bye bye
Old 01-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #64
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, 'nice' win! But I guess Igor was as pathetic.
Or simply nice to give Richie the win.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #65
country flag juvvi

juvvi has a reputation beyond reputejuvvi has a reputation beyond reputejuvvi has a reputation beyond reputejuvvi has a reputation beyond reputejuvvi has a reputation beyond reputejuvvi has a reputation beyond reputejuvvi has a reputation beyond reputejuvvi has a reputation beyond reputejuvvi has a reputation beyond reputejuvvi has a reputation beyond reputejuvvi has a reputation beyond repute

was he fiery red richard or the cool blue one?

~♠ Gasqueteers ♠~

all for one, one for all
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
juvvi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #66
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

everything was ok till 6-3 5-4 serve for richard and then DFs

relieved that he managed to come back in TB being down 3-6, great fight and good win that will give him confidence for hisnext match.
Way to go richard.Make them respect you.

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #67
country flag Ginevra83

Ginevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juvvi View Post
was he fiery red richard or the cool blue one?
The cool blue one!!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #68
country flag tami

tami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond repute

i was fortunate to watch the match courtside, and despite the hiccup leading to the second set tie-break, it was quite impressive. to see gasquet exuding such positive and confident body language was much improved from the last time i saw him in the US summer season. even with his cold, he was still keeping himself pumped up, which was good to see. he was even trying to do that when the crowd was a little quiet, which was quite funny and cute to see and hear.

hmmm, but at the same time, he tended to get a little cross with things too easily. but overall, the more confident gasquet is emerging....and it's very attractive!
tami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #69
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tami View Post
i was fortunate to watch the match courtside, and despite the hiccup leading to the second set tie-break, it was quite impressive. to see gasquet exuding such positive and confident body language was much improved from the last time i saw him in the US summer season. even with his cold, he was still keeping himself pumped up, which was good to see. he was even trying to do that when the crowd was a little quiet, which was quite funny and cute to see and hear.

hmmm, but at the same time, he tended to get a little cross with things too easily. but overall, the more confident gasquet is emerging....and it's very attractive!
Was his bh solid? Is he still standing 50 feet behind the baseline?
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #70
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

great start to the year! Allez!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #71
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

thank yu tami for this positive report of the match.

I agree with you "the more confident richard is,the more excellent he is

how was his forehand?any improvement?

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #72
country flag tami

tami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond reputetami has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, his backhand was pretty consistent and versatile as usual, when he chose to use it. i think he's trying hard to improve on his fh, or feel more comfortable with it, so he did that equally too.

and as for his location in regards to the stadium when he's receiving, he still tends to drift back, but he hugged the baseline a little better, and even came in on a number of occasions, with his deadly backhand of course. sometimes it worked, sometimes not, but the important thing was, he kept on trying.
tami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:05 PM   #73
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanx for report!

He has cold again?
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #74
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hmmm, but at the same time, he tended to get a little cross with things too easily.
which things?

Thanks for the report. All in all, it sounds like what it was : A first match after a long break, quite a good start, but certainly room for improvement. But, hej, I did love it when he won that tie-break!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #75
country flag richie21

richie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

How were his forehand and his return of serve??(the 2 things i hope he has worked on during the off season)

edit: oups sorry for the forehand part, i didn't read all the posts.
richie21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote