Any vegans out there? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2007, 01:14 AM   #46
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any vegans out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
What do you expect Icelanders, for example, to do in their country that is unsuited for agriculture? Sit on the shore and starve to death while they watch the fish shoaling?
Well, let's admit that you have a valid point here.

What excuse are you going to invent for the Japs?
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2007, 01:19 AM   #47
country flag Nunyabeezwax

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I'm not. Taking political correctness to the point of absurdity does not interest me. What do you expect Icelanders, for example, to do in their country that is unsuited for agriculture? Sit on the shore and starve to death while they watch the fish shoaling?
I wasn't aware that going vegan was politically correct.

As for Icelanders, I am sure the environmental impact of their fishing industry is negligible. The same cannot be said for the United States or other large countries. I think of communities, local and global. I think of my country and the impact it has on the world's environment. And I think of ways I can avoid being a part of that impact. My carbon footprint is nearly non-existent, and I am proud of that.

Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 AM   #48
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
I wasn't aware that going vegan was politically correct.

As for Icelanders, I am sure the environmental impact of their fishing industry is negligible. The same cannot be said for the United States or other large countries. I think of communities, local and global. I think of my country and the impact it has on the world's environment. And I think of ways I can avoid being a part of that impact. My carbon footprint is nearly non-existent, and I am proud of that.
You missed his/her point...
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #49
country flag Nunyabeezwax

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by getta View Post
You missed his/her point...
No, you missed mine. I am not calling all Icelanders to go vegan, or for that matter, any one who's means doesn't allow it or doesn't want to. Don't want to be a vegan? Then don't be. Can't be a vegan? Then don't be.

Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:27 AM   #50
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by getta View Post
Well, let's admit that you have a valid point here.

What excuse are you going to invent for the Japs?
I was actually going to use Japan before I thought Iceland was even more appropriate. So, as for the Japs....... let them eat rice cakes.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #51
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
I just spent four days trying out various new restaurants with a friend of mine who is a definite food lover

I love seafood like crazy, so much so that it's the only thing that's kept me from going completely vegan. Still, I make it a point to eat seafood only once, maybe twice a month
Was Jardiniere on your list? It has just been refurbished. You can have the signature potato gnocci without feeling guilty.

Most Food Agencies recommend that to be heart healthy you should eat fish at least twice a WEEK. I'm happy to comply with that recommendation. Call me crazy, but my survival is more important to me than future generations.

Last edited by buddyholly : 11-30-2007 at 01:50 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #52
country flag ilostmymarbles

ilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond reputeilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond reputeilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond reputeilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond reputeilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond reputeilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond reputeilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond reputeilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond reputeilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond reputeilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond reputeilostmymarbles has a reputation beyond repute

What makes me laugh when vegans and vegitarians and other so-called animal lovers bring up points about the environment is the fact that without realising it they are pretty much advocating the wholesale slaughter of millions of animals. Even if people stop eating all meat those animals are still going to exist and still going to pump out millions of litres of methane and eat millions of tons of grain so the problem is still there unless you kill all of them!
And yet according to all of them all those animals have just as much right to live and breed etc as we do.

I support all the cute ones!
ilostmymarbles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:26 PM   #53
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

I recently got back from 'Vegas......(but seriously folks), ahem, I mean Nunyabeezwax (and what good is it asking questions to a username like that?? in the U.S.A., where chickens rarely get a chance...to uh...rollerskate... with cocks, ahem, how can eggs be animal flesh? No DNA transfer takes place. It's just a cell.

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:26 AM   #54
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostmymarbles View Post
What makes me laugh when vegans and vegitarians and other so-called animal lovers bring up points about the environment is the fact that without realising it they are pretty much advocating the wholesale slaughter of millions of animals. Even if people stop eating all meat those animals are still going to exist and still going to pump out millions of litres of methane and eat millions of tons of grain so the problem is still there unless you kill all of them!
And yet according to all of them all those animals have just as much right to live and breed etc as we do.
Yes, someone once wrote that the main drive of animals is to spread their genes and species as far and wide as possible. He then reasoned that cattle, pigs and chickens have been very clever in using man to help them achieve their goals.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:42 AM   #55
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ Vegans
Old 12-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #56
country flag Maxine

Maxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond reputeMaxine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Many of these animal lovers also have the wrong idea on treating animals. They keep pets confined in small places, isolated from their own species. That is for the owners pure entertainment, and not for the love of animals. You should not make an animal live that life just for your enjoyment, that is far worse than actually killing an animal for food (at least it is put out of torture and a life of confinement and isolation).
Maxine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #57
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's just a stupid post.

I don't make any enviromental arguments in favour, of being a vegitarian but that's a ludicrous comment. It's like saying people who want the enviroment improved would gladly do away with all modes of transportation and in fact kill people as, if there were less people the enviroment would be better for similar reasons (and in fact more numerous ones) as with killing animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Many of these animal lovers also have the wrong idea on treating animals. They keep pets confined in small places, isolated from their own species. That is for the owners pure entertainment, and not for the love of animals. You should not make an animal live that life just for your enjoyment, that is far worse than actually killing an animal for food (at least it is put out of torture and a life of confinement and isolation).
Which pets are you talking about? I have 2 dogs and, they weren't born in the wild and certainly wouldn't like to be there. Surely this isn't what you're talking about? Regular walks, every opportunity on them to run away and never return, regular food which they don't have to fight for, a warm place to sleep. My dogs would sure as hell hate to be in the wild, more to the point, they've never been there and as such there's no reason to assume they'd like it.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #58
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life View Post
That's just a stupid post.

I don't make any enviromental arguments in favour, of being a vegitarian but that's a ludicrous comment. It's like saying people who want the enviroment improved would gladly do away with all modes of transportation and in fact kill people as, if there were less people the enviroment would be better for similar reasons (and in fact more numerous ones) as with killing animals.

Which pets are you talking about? I have 2 dogs and, they weren't born in the wild and certainly wouldn't like to be there. Surely this isn't what you're talking about? Regular walks, every opportunity on them to run away and never return, regular food which they don't have to fight for, a warm place to sleep. My dogs would sure as hell hate to be in the wild, more to the point, they've never been there and as such there's no reason to assume they'd like it.
Totally agree with both points I haven't eaten meat or fish for over 20 years now - my choice, my life, - don't try to force my views on others, but equally object to them forcing their views on me. And before anyone makes the point - neither do I wear fur or leather, or use cosmetics that use animal products or have been tested on animals in any way. As for the animals in captivity thing - I have 6 cats, all domesticated, and though they have the freedom to go in and out of the catflap whenever they want, and run away if they prefer, - none of them even want to leave the fireside on cold, wet nights like this. A couple of them were strays that I adopted, who were forced to live "out in the wild" at some stage of their life, and the fact they have no wish to return to that state, I guess means they're happier "in captivity"

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #59
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Cows have been treated increasingly appallingly over the years, but as I enjoy their products and reap their benefits, I will continue to consume them. The mentality of the world isn't going to change at the hands of boycott by 0.5% of the population.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #60
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Make no mistake Rosie, when dogs and cats decide they no longer have any use for their human slaves, there will be no mercy shown. I bet they already scratch your leg when they need you to put more coal on.