Rudd focuses on global warming - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #16
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rudd focuses on global warming

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Someone with the attitude of Bilbo would think it justified that the Brazilian economy should suffer so that the more industrialised countries can enjoy the oxygen produced by Brazilian trees. Brazil should just say, OK, if you want the oxygen Brazil produces from its forests, then send money and we will leave the trees standing. Someone could work out the value of the oxygen produced by a tree and when Brazil receives the money to pay for it, that tree will be saved. I am sure Al Gore would think this a great idea.
Exactly. To be honest, I care shit about the forest. I want the development of my country first. The ones who have to care about the environment are the countries that polluted since the start of the industrial revolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
The Gore worshippers will just not address the question of how much of global warming is natural. It would be detrimental to a huge industry of political environmentalism. So they just say the debate is over.
So true. Man-made global warming is far from a proven scientifical fact.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 01:00 AM   #17
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy25 View Post
Very proud to call myself an Aussie after Saturday's election result. If Rudd delivers on his promises which I really have faith that he will try and do it should be good times ahead.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #18
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
Of course a lefty like you would think no one on the right can be moderate. On the left Blair is a moderate, Rudd is a moderate, Clinton was a moderate. On the right, Sarkozy is a moderate, Howard is a moderate etc... Bush is not a moderate.
Don't bullshit me Howard was a moderate. He was a conservative through and through. There is a difference between liberal and conservative and there isn't a proper or close to a proper Liberal Party in Australia.

Blair and Rudd aren't leftists, they are centrist at best.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:28 AM   #19
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Don't bullshit me Howard was a moderate. He was a conservative through and through. There is a difference between liberal and conservative and there isn't a proper or close to a proper Liberal Party in Australia.

Blair and Rudd aren't leftists, they are centrist at best.
Exactly, I couldn't agree more. The Liberal Party are a bunch of right wing conservatives, and their leaders are on the right wing faction also. Now that theres a new race for the Liberal leadership, Turnbull (who's the favourite to take the leadership if you want to put it that way) would not be the best leader, since he's the richest member of parliament currently. I'd be thinking that the Liberals will be wanting to distance themselves from the conservative label now. I seriously hope Abbott doesn't get the leadership, he strikes me as being so sly. Anyway back to my point, as PMK is innocent just stated, there is a difference between 'small l' liberal and conservative. Small 'l' liberals have a social conscience and are more moderate right wingers. Conservatives are the Australian Liberal Party. Thankfully I think that we'll be under a Labor government rule for at least 2 terms.

I also forgot to mention previously, that one more reason people voted for Rudd, was because Howard had stated he was not going to serve the full term, and the leadership would have been handed over to Costello. To me, Costello was nothing more than a power hungry man, and I consider Howard to be perfect compared to Costello. I'm so happy the Liberals lost for that reason too. This election had many facits, not just global warming. Thank god Australia made the right decision.

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #20
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

There are clear differences between a liberal and a conservative party idelogically. It's like now in Australia with Howard going, that Malcolm Turnbull and Brendan Nelson are interested in challenging for the leadership and they are closer to what the proper meaning of a liberal party is.

It's not hard to tell the difference it's like Canada there is a Liberal Party and there are Progressive Conservatives ( oyxmoron without a doubt).

Glad that prick Howard has gone he has misused the Liberal Party, but like I said I don't like Rudd very much at all, but he isn't John Coward.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 AM   #21

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who's interested, Nelson got voted as the leader of the Liberal party today. I don't know too much about him, so I'll have to do a bit of research, but I think the Liberals will be wanting to distance themselves from the label of supporting the rich, and with Turnbull being the richest member of parliament, having him as their leader wouldn't do so much for their image. I'm not sure though, thats just my specualation. Rudd's also named his cabinet today. He's got Gillard doing both Education and Industrial Relations, which I think is a good thing, because her left wing ideology will want to make sure the work choices laws are removed. Australian politics has been so interesting lately.

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Old 11-29-2007, 03:36 AM   #22
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Nelson used to be a member of the Labor Party and a paid member as well. He joined the Liberals not that long ago. He used to be head of the Australian Medical Association and is a very bright individual who has youth on his side. He is definitely not a hard core conservative or a religious nut either.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-29-2007, 04:45 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Nelson used to be a member of the Labor Party and a paid member as well. He joined the Liberals not that long ago. He used to be head of the Australian Medical Association and is a very bright individual who has youth on his side. He is definitely not a hard core conservative or a religious nut either.
Ah thanks very much for that. The Liberals need someone who's young and has new ideas. And I must admit, being an Athiest, I'm very happy that he's not a religious nut, thats one of the traits I don't like about Kevin Rudd. Nelson not being an extreme conservative also makes me think that he can give the party a new direction, as compared to Turnbull who has massive wealth as it is, so that would have had at least some influence on the direction he chose to lead the Liberal party is. Not that I'm saying Turnbull's wealth would have made him more conservative than Howard, Turnbull seems like a decent guy, but I think the Liberals need a new direction, which they might be able to achieve with Nelson.

All I can say is thank god Tony Abbott didn't get enough support to gain leadership. The guy freaks me out.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:48 AM   #24
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Australia ranked 3rd on the new HDI index. So everything is fine.

this country is good
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:32 AM   #25
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanqui Lover View Post
For anyone who's interested, Nelson got voted as the leader of the Liberal party today. I don't know too much about him, so I'll have to do a bit of research, but I think the Liberals will be wanting to distance themselves from the label of supporting the rich, and with Turnbull being the richest member of parliament, having him as their leader wouldn't do so much for their image. I'm not sure though, thats just my specualation. Rudd's also named his cabinet today. He's got Gillard doing both Education and Industrial Relations, which I think is a good thing, because her left wing ideology will want to make sure the work choices laws are removed. Australian politics has been so interesting lately.
Gillard taking over both IR and Education portfolios is too much for one minister to handle, not quite sure what Rudd's reasoning behind this decision was. Two very topical portfolios as well right now.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #26
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
Ridiculous that someone would vote for a politician because of the global warming fallacy.
People voted for him because he promised to withdrew the troops from Iraq. It is very important. Why should Australia, Poland or any other country take participation in american, occupying wars? Why should Polish or Australian soldiers cause suffering of other people. It is illegal, pointless and most of all crime.
And the global warming is very important thread too. Do you want to have children or not? Because life of people will be not to put it up in 30-80 years, because of climate changes. Do you think that it will be the end of these numerous natural disasters? It will be worse and worse, if nobody makes nothing and it will touch more regions of the world.
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #27
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw View Post
People voted for him because he promised to withdrew the troops from Iraq. It is very important. Why should Australia, Poland or any other country take participation in american, occupying wars? Why should Polish or Australian soldiers cause suffering of other people. It is illegal, pointless and most of all crime.
And the global warming is very important thread too. Do you want to have children or not? Because life of people will be not to put it up in 30-80 years, because of climate changes. Do you think that it will be the end of these numerous natural disasters? It will be worse and worse, if nobody makes nothing and it will touch more regions of the world.
I couldn't care less about what Australia, Poland or any other country is doing in Iraq. It's their problem.

Global warming is a natural occurance. If you believe it's purely man-made you're even stupider than I thought.

Last edited by GlennMirnyi : 12-01-2007 at 04:07 AM.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:29 PM   #28
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Mr. Rudd. Getting a job is different than keeping a job.

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:59 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Gillard taking over both IR and Education portfolios is too much for one minister to handle, not quite sure what Rudd's reasoning behind this decision was. Two very topical portfolios as well right now.
Yeah thats what I thought at first. Though I think it's excellent that Gillard has the IR portfolio, I think Labor has underestimated the Liberal's willingness to pass legislation changing the IR laws through parliament. That will make Gillard's job quite a lot more difficult. Obviously Rudd thinks that Gillard is up to the job, and since Rudd wants an 'education revolution' mabye he feels that she can assist in achieving his vision. I'm really not sure what his reasoning is either, I just hope it's effective.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #30
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Australia has signed the Kyoto Protocol in Bali today.

I knew I could trust in Rudd. He looked like an honest man to me. Told ya.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote