Has WTA World been down today? Or am I imagining things? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-23-2002, 12:58 AM   #16
mala18

mala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these parts

oh my god,,,,i cannot access the freaking wtaworld all freaking day long,and i loveeeeeeeee it.
come on people do something.theres like billion people who like that site,i will freaking pay too!!!!
mala18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2002, 01:04 AM   #17
Poe

Poe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond repute

just letting you know i DO realize exactly how bad the situation is... as most days, I cannot visit the site at all. In fact the only times I have been able to load a single page are at very late hours of the night here.

we are keeping an open mind for ALL options.. so I do appreciate the gesture from those of you who wish to help out

I'll let you know as soon as i know anything more about a resolution
Old 08-23-2002, 01:07 AM   #18
mala18

mala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these partsmala18 is infamous around these parts

hey poe,is this your site I mean are you webmaster or..

so just please answer me this if you can,will I be able to visit the site tonight,coz if not then i dont have to wait here like I've been doing since this morning.
Thanx
mala18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 01:12 AM   #19
Poe

Poe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond repute

i can't tell you when the site will be accessable or not... I don't really visit it frequently enough to have learned the pattern of when it's down... i just know that during the day EST, it's almost never accessable for me

and no this is not my site I just help run it
Old 08-23-2002, 01:20 AM   #20
JonBcn

JonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond repute

Heh....I thought people would be keen to do whatever's necessary to help.

NB: Perhaps elect someone other than Dahveed to be treasurer

Another thing I thought maybe might help (but then I havent got a clue what i'm talking about)...I assume it would give you more server space if you removed some forums? How about getting rid of the past tournaments forums? They're locked anyway and so are only for reference, I cant imagine they get many hits, except maybe for the couple of weeks immediately prior. Or is it not a space issue, but a power thing? As you can see, I havent a clue about servers and stuff!
JonBcn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 01:23 AM   #21
Poe

space is not a problem and the software handles a million posts the same as 10, from what the developers tell us.

the issue is the number of people browsing the board at once. The demand has become really high... we're already on a dedicated high end server and it can't keep up.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:35 AM   #22
JonBcn

JonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond repute

I see. Oh well, at this point I run out of ideas!

Its strange, because the number of people online at the bottom of the entrance screen doesnt seem to have escalated a great deal in the past month or two though, yet the performance has diminished immeasurably.

Bear in mind what we all said about cash; I'd be pleased to help if I could. We all appreciate the boards (and the work you guys do) too much to see them fade away
JonBcn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 01:37 AM   #23
Poe

Quote:
Its strange, because the number of people online at the bottom of the entrance screen doesnt seem to have escalated a great deal in the past month or two though, yet the performance has diminished immeasurably.
well this is precisely what has been my point during all of this.. i do not understand it at all

the scoring threads have always been there, with the same number of people trying to view them at once

all statistics show that traffic hasn't increased enough for this to be happening

but it doesn't change the fact that it IS happening for whatever reason.. so i guess new hardware is the only answer
Old 08-23-2002, 01:40 AM   #24
steph_g

steph_g

I just made it to WTAWorld , after 30 minutes of connection . And only 137 users connected .
steph_g is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 01:46 AM   #25
steph_g

steph_g

Here's a list of some of the users connected to WTAWorld :
Quote:
10SNE1, alton8401, ami, aniri, b8beEbLu3, Barrie_Dude, Beau, Becool, BigTennisFan, brown1tr, Cassius, CB, Chris, daniilidou, daryl, endiadjendiadj, Eza, frostycold1, GaDu, GameSetMatch, gossipcom, griffin, igost, inkyfan, jacs, jadore, Jason, JasonW, JCFan, JohnnyWeirFan, jon, JONFINCH2, jt2002, kournikovafan13, Lathan, lin, lorenzo 123, magassi, mala18, mamis, Mark Spruce, Martin, maxineburrs, monster, motta, mygirlV, n_m_c_b, Peter M, Philip, player, primera, PrincessVee, Pure_Matter, ratapou, RayDay, rob2001, RUS_4_EVER, Sader, sandg, See Forever, Seles&Dokic, selesadmirer, selesfan, selesrules, setpoint, Simon, sugeng, thomastennis, tjord00, Umpire, Venus Williams, Wayne, wonder617, xcrtbckhnd, Yoshi
Poe,
maybe you could ban all of them ? This could help to get the board go faster .
Old 08-23-2002, 02:07 AM   #26
bonkers186

bonkers186 has a reputation beyond reputebonkers186 has a reputation beyond reputebonkers186 has a reputation beyond reputebonkers186 has a reputation beyond reputebonkers186 has a reputation beyond reputebonkers186 has a reputation beyond reputebonkers186 has a reputation beyond reputebonkers186 has a reputation beyond reputebonkers186 has a reputation beyond reputebonkers186 has a reputation beyond reputebonkers186 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay Okay...I confess...ban me...ban me...it was I that took the last piece of cheese....ban me...ban me I say. I deserve no just punishment. What were we talking about again?

Supporting Cast: Stan Warwrinka, Gael Monfils, Juan-Carlos Ferrero, Juan-Martin Del Potro, Milos Raonic, Tomas Berdych, Nico Almagro...
bonkers186 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 02:13 AM   #27
James

James has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by steph_g
Here's a list of some of the users connected to WTAWorld : Poe,
maybe you could ban all of them ? This could help to get the board go faster .
LOL
I'm kournikovafan13, and I'm certainly not on wtaworld right now I haven't been on all day
James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 02:18 AM   #28
steph_g

steph_g

Quote:
Originally posted by bonkers186
Okay Okay...I confess...ban me...ban me...it was I that took the last piece of cheese....ban me...ban me I say. I deserve no just punishment. What were we talking about again?
Not about you. Don't worry. You can go back to your cheese
Old 08-23-2002, 02:20 AM   #29
steph_g

steph_g

Quote:
Originally posted by James

LOL
I'm kournikovafan13, and I'm certainly not on wtaworld right now I haven't been on all day
That's interesting because your name was there .

I thought that name were kept a maximum 15 minutes after users logged out.

Poe, would you have an explaination for that ?
Old 08-23-2002, 02:23 AM   #30
James

James has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond reputeJames has a reputation beyond repute

And there are also some European members (Martin, Cassius) on that list and for them it's like 3 or 4 in the morning.

Marat Safin
Andy Roddick
Magnus Norman
James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote