Best match of Roger in 2007 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Best match of Roger in 2007

AO against Djokovic 6:2 7:5 6:3 4 5.88%
AO against Roddick 6:4 6:0 6:2 34 50.00%
Hamburg against Nadal 2:6 6:2 6:0 6 8.82%
Wimbledon against Gasquet 7:5 6:3 6:4 0 0%
Wimbledon against Nadal 7:6 4:6 7:6 2:6 6:2 20 29.41%
US Open against Djokovic 7:7 7:6 6:4 3 4.41%
TMC against Roddick 6:4 6:2 5 7.35%
TMC against Nadal 6:4 6:1 17 25.00%
TMC against Ferrer 6:2 6:3 6:2 4 5.88%
other matches 1 1.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best match of Roger in 2007

The official tennis season for Roger is over now and therefore I thought to start a poll to ask which in your opinion has been Rogers best match in 2007. As I know that it will be hard to name just one you have multiple choices.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best match of Roger in 2007

Interesting poll, and very fitting now the season's over! (And how wonderful did it end for Rogi )

I voted for the Wimbly final.
NOT because of Roger's tennis, as it obviously wasn't his best match - but because of its relevance, him having to play Rafa while he got a severe beating at RG just a few weeks before, the fact that for both there was one of Borg's records on stake, the intensity of the match, the way both players had to struggle by the hand(s) of the other, etc.
Probably I have many reasons more, but these are the first that come to mind.

I might make a second choice on the match where he actually played his best tennis. Have to think about that one, though.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
country flag yolis

yolis has a reputation beyond reputeyolis has a reputation beyond reputeyolis has a reputation beyond reputeyolis has a reputation beyond reputeyolis has a reputation beyond reputeyolis has a reputation beyond reputeyolis has a reputation beyond reputeyolis has a reputation beyond reputeyolis has a reputation beyond reputeyolis has a reputation beyond reputeyolis has a reputation beyond repute

I vote for US Open against Djokovic, just because it had specific atmosphere for me, I watched it on my holidays in Bulgaria, it was night, very hot and I watched it with my friend who is in love with Djokovic
So very interesting moments with fight of players I really love...

Proud to be Slovak
Hrbaty Lacko Beck Klizan
Hantuchova Cibulkova Kucova Tabakova
yolis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
country flag Greenday

Greenday has a reputation beyond reputeGreenday has a reputation beyond reputeGreenday has a reputation beyond reputeGreenday has a reputation beyond reputeGreenday has a reputation beyond reputeGreenday has a reputation beyond reputeGreenday has a reputation beyond reputeGreenday has a reputation beyond reputeGreenday has a reputation beyond reputeGreenday has a reputation beyond reputeGreenday has a reputation beyond repute

It would be Djokovic's match in AO......Roger kicked him around the court after all the talk he made and next comes roodick's match mainly for the hype it had in the media and the way roddick got thrashed after all the "gap closing" talk
Old 11-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuzza View Post
I voted for the Wimbly final.
No surprise You are in good company by the way as Roger shares your opinion. He was asked today in the Swiss media about his best match this year and said it would be difficult to name. He would include the TMC SF against Nadal and the Wimbledonfinal against him. This would have been a match which had lived up to the expectations.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
country flag Naide

Naide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go with Wimbledon final as well. Loved it

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 200 forums. A few popular destinations include our General Message/A> forums, our Off-Topic and our Player Forums where like-minded fans get together!
Naide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
country flag didadida

didadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond repute

i'll choose three
1- SF against NADAL in shanghai
2- AO against RODDICK
3- HAMBORG against NADAL

the recipe is simple yet but extremely rare:buckets of athletic ability coupled with gallons of mental tenacity are the core ingredients that produce a Tiger Woods,a Michael Jordan...a Roger Federer

roger is the best
didadida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:24 PM   #8
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely the AO semifinal against Roddick, his game was absolutely out of this world Close behind come the AO 4th round against Djoko, the TMC RR against Roddick and the TMC semifinal against Nadal, which were absolutely perfect as well In terms of importance it is definitely the 2007 Wimbledon final, the famous thriller, and I would add the Hamburg final as well, we all know why But his game has never been at a higher level than the 2007 AO semifinal to me

Rogi Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - J. C. Ferrero

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #9
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
Definitely the AO semifinal against Roddick, his game was absolutely out of this world Close behind come the AO 4th round against Djoko, the TMC RR against Roddick and the TMC semifinal against Nadal, which were absolutely perfect as well In terms of importance it is definitely the 2007 Wimbledon final, the famous thriller, and I would add the Hamburg final as well, we all know why But his game has never been at a higher level than the 2007 AO semifinal to me
The problem withthe AO SF vs ROddick, is that RoboRod makes it so easy for Fed to be at his best. So I'm more inclined towards Fed's great matches vs Nadal who he has a bad matchup problem with.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #10
country flag Rogieva
Banned!

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

TMC vs Roddick
Wimbledon vs Nadal
AO vs Roddick
Rogieva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:02 PM   #11
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
No surprise You are in good company by the way as Roger shares your opinion. He was asked today in the Swiss media about his best match this year and said it would be difficult to name. He would include the TMC SF against Nadal and the Wimbledonfinal against him. This would have been a match which had lived up to the expectations.
He himself actually chose two matches against Raf? Heheh.

It must be love.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:29 PM   #12
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuzza View Post
He himself actually chose two matches against Raf? Heheh.

It must be love.
Oh, Fedal.
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:26 AM   #13
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

I also think that Roger beat Andy in AO was very very good,~

But I think beat Nadal is more Sharp!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:44 AM   #14
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Technically speaking, he played his best match against Djoko at the AO. Djoko actually played well in that match and got rolled. BH/FH were on, serve had pop when he got it in, movement was great, volleys were very good, returning was excellent...great match he played in that one.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:02 AM   #15
country flag Federerhingis

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
Technically speaking, he played his best match against Djoko at the AO. Djoko actually played well in that match and got rolled. BH/FH were on, serve had pop when he got it in, movement was great, volleys were very good, returning was excellent...great match he played in that one.
Though I haven't watched this match in full I have to say I totally agree with you from the highlights of the match that I have seen. He seemed very pumped up and ready to send a message to this haughty kid.

I guess there was a buzz about Novak being the next big thing behind him and Nadal and he had improved and did not fear Roger. In response Federer played a very determined match, eagerly punishing any opportunity on the opposite end.

However I give my vote to the TMC semifinal versus Nadal, just when I thought his serve couldn't be more immaculate he almost went on an impersonation of the man who's record he has be gunning after since wimbledon 2001 round of 16. Yeah as some one pointed out it is easy for Roger to find his great form against Roddick there's just a bad match up on Andy's side.
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote