The Grass Season is upon us! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-06-2004, 04:00 PM   #1
sebgrosfan

sebgrosfan will become famous soon enough
Default The Grass Season is upon us!

Yay for the best couple of weeks of the tennis calender, the 'English summer'! Woohoo! Anyone attending a tournament? I'll be qeueuing up come June 21st

Allez to the French gents and a big up to Tim! Further shouts out to Goran, Mr. Sampras and my two favourite former-players-turned-commentators: Johnny Mac and Boris!
sebgrosfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2004, 01:17 AM   #2
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Grass Season is upon us!

Hi

I will be indeed attending both Wimbledon {mens finals and queueing on another day-not sure which yet} and Queens, can't wait. I went Queens on Saturday for qualies and it just made me all the more excited! Bring on the grass season!

Tim- here's your chance to truely shine!

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:18 PM   #3
country flag mandy7

mandy7 has a reputation beyond reputemandy7 has a reputation beyond reputemandy7 has a reputation beyond reputemandy7 has a reputation beyond reputemandy7 has a reputation beyond reputemandy7 has a reputation beyond reputemandy7 has a reputation beyond reputemandy7 has a reputation beyond reputemandy7 has a reputation beyond reputemandy7 has a reputation beyond reputemandy7 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm going to a grass tournament
not in england though, i'm going to Rosmalen (ordina open)

ciao M

Safin - Djokovic - Haase

IF YOU AIN'T DUTCH, YOU AIN'T MUCH
mandy7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:30 AM   #4
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

i'm going to queens tomorrow, nottingham on the 14th, wimbie on the 26th and 28 bring on the grass

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:23 PM   #5
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

The British press just won't leave their guy alone or give him a break, will they?

HAS HENMAN'S CHANCE PASSED HIM BY?

By Mark Staniforth, PA Sport

Henman Hill will soon be full of hope that this is the year for a British Wimbledon winner.

The fans' favourite's gallant charge to the last four of the French Open sparked renewed optimism among the painted-faced hordes that this time those semi-final heartaches will turn into final glory.

Henman's regeneration under his new coach Paul Annacone has been plain for all to see and even his second-round exit at Queen's hardly dampened the mood of optimism which seems to be sweeping around the All England Club.

But rather than Henman's untimely demise against Karol Beck it was two other results last week which left the likelihood that the nearly-man will miss out again.

For all Henman's undoubted improvement he remains some way off the grasscourt greatness soon to be bestowed upon Roger Federer and Andy Roddick.

The pair dominated Wimbledon last year until a semi-final clash sent a simply awesome Federer on the way to his first Grand Slam triumph.

Last week, Roddick and Federer swept to tournament victories at Queen's and Halle with an aplomb which marked them out ahead of their rivals.

Roddick's raw power and Federer's deft serve and volley game are set to create a grasscourt rivalry to match McEnroe and Borg and Becker and Edberg.

The temporary vacuum created by Pete Sampras' retirement has been filled by a pair who show all the signs of dominating well into the future.

It is likely to be to Henman's eternal regret that he could not convert his golden chance in the 2001 semi-final against Goran Ivanisevic.

The imperious Sampras had come to the end of his reign and the young guns led by Lleyton Hewitt had not quite made it to the top.

2001 was the void year just made for Henman. He blew his big chance and when he returned one year later he ran into Hewitt, who by then had matured into a champion of considerable pedigree.

Now Hewitt may have sunk but over the last 12 months Roddick and Federer have emerged to take a firm grip of the short grasscourt season.

Henman is a match for almost everybody on his favourite surface and another semi-final place is not only within his grasp but looking likely.

His problem will be what to do when faced by one of the top two seeds whose respective paths to the final look more assured than have anybody's since Sampras.

Only more heroics of the highest order will help Henman overcome one of the two main men who are set to rule on grass for years to come.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 11:32 AM   #6
Lynne

Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon Tim!!

*#16 Ferrero Tard*

Vision without action is a daydream.
Action without vision is a nightmare.

Good Luck Juan Carlos Ferrero, Novak Djokovic, David Nalbandian, Richard Gasquet!
Lynne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:36 PM   #7
country flag Agassi Fan

Agassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I hope, Tim will be in great form in wimbledon!

Tennis posters, photos, autograph to sell or swap.
www.gportal.hu/portal/posters
Soccer posters to sell or swap!!
www.gportal.hu/portal/nikesoccer
Agassi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:52 PM   #8
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

I cant see how 'Henmans chance has passed him by' - hes the 6th best player in the World so there is absolutely no reason he cant win Wimbledon - hes probably inside the top 3 grass court players too!
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:29 AM   #9
country flag dubis016

dubis016 has a reputation beyond reputedubis016 has a reputation beyond reputedubis016 has a reputation beyond reputedubis016 has a reputation beyond reputedubis016 has a reputation beyond reputedubis016 has a reputation beyond reputedubis016 has a reputation beyond reputedubis016 has a reputation beyond reputedubis016 has a reputation beyond reputedubis016 has a reputation beyond reputedubis016 has a reputation beyond repute

Henman hill, get excited!!! This is your year TIM!!!
WIN IT FOR ENGLAND!!

dubis016 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:21 PM   #10
country flag thenman

thenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond repute

Phew! He got through Round One. I have to admit, I was worried after he lost the first set. I still believed in him, but I was majorly WORRIED! And so the annual Tim Henman emotional Wimbledon rollercoaster has begun! But it's one of those rides I just can't get enough of.
Good luck vs Heuberger, Tim. The H2H is 0-0.
I don't want to jinx Tim, so I won't comment on how I think the match SHOULD play out...

GO TIM!
thenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:20 PM   #11
country flag a_box_of_ariel

a_box_of_ariel is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Done Tim ! Although have to admit i was a little worried when he went a set down but he managed to pull it off
a_box_of_ariel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #12
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_box_of_ariel
Well Done Tim ! Although have to admit i was a little worried when he went a set down but he managed to pull it off
hehe hes doing a Roland Garros on us
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:22 PM   #13
country flag loco_moskito

loco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond repute

He's so close to winning, and yet so far away (that sounds really corny...). I just hope his games won't be huge cliffhangers anymore because I don't know how much mistreating my nails can stand now!

justcereal.com -- LiveJournal
loco_moskito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:33 PM   #14
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

he's up against Mario Ancic. Go Timmy !!!!
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:07 AM   #15
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Of all the matches playing tomorrow, Tim vs Ancic has me worried the most. I'm not familiar with Ancic much (I know he took out Federer at Wimby years ago) and Tim has been playing terrific but not as great as he can play. I hope he can put it all together tomorrow and dismiss Ancic with relative ease. I want him in the semis, if not the finals. Good luck Timmy!
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote