Do You Believe In A "God"? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Yes, I'm a Theist (Believe in holy revelation via a "Holy Book") 57 19.52%
Yes, I'm a Deist (Believe in God based upon the existence of the Universe and evolved life) 40 13.70%
Perhaps, I'm Agnostic (As there is conflicting, or a lack of, evidence you just don't know) 73 25.00%
No, I'm an Atheist (science will eventually understand the origins of the Big Bang/Universe) 122 41.78%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #16
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4. View Post
you are a scary person , quoting the bible , like a Taliban would quote the kuran to justify beheadings and stonings
The question was "Do You Believe In A "God"?"

If someone questions me, I'm going to provide an answer.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 04:18 PM   #17
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
I didn't say I believe in anything, and especially I stand againt the religious extremisms of any kind, though I can feel the empathy for people I know and who suck at life, and religion is their only motivation to go through, at the same point they aren't educated enough to ask any questions.
Then I misunderstood you. Sorry. I thought you were trying to say that nobody should be allowed to question the existence of God, because some people depend on that belief. I certainly don't think atheists should run around trying to convert people that don't want to kinow. I leave that kind of behaviour to the evangelicals.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #18
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Of course there is no God. If a god created the universe then he would have to be able to do anything. So why would someone allow all the suffering and evil in the world when God could stop it right now? My conclusion is that anyone who believes in God believes that the universe is run by a sadistic monster.
True, that's the best argument about the non-existence of some God, at least in the Christian tradition. If God is omnipotent and still allows evil and suffering, then he's evil, and if he just can't end evil then he's just not omnipotent. There it goes.

There's no God and I guess some people just need something to overcome their own insecurity.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #19
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
The answer to that question would be, God wanted to make a distinction between animal and man, who he had created in his own image. He wanted us to share a mutual bond of love and desire and above all, a spiritual union, that could be experienced by any other species, not even the ape who we, according to evolutionists, evolved from. In the animal kingdom, the female instinctively submits to her male counterpart as she enters a period of fertility.

1 Corinthians 6:15-20
"Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, 'The two will become one flesh.' But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

Quite clearly, human sexual relations were intended for love, not solely procreation as with every other species.
I don't think it is clear at all. What is clear to anyone who is not wrapped up in Biblical nonsense is that Homo Sapiens evolved from apes. Our DNA is almost identical.
And what evangelical Christians can't seem to get through their heads is that quoting from the Bible is not an argument. What is written in the Bible was is just fiction written by some people who were trying to explain the universe. We have come a long way towards answering that since their primitive attempts.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #20
country flag G4.

G4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond reputeG4. has a reputation beyond repute

to quote Pope Leo X :

"What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!
G4. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #21
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
And ultimately, the atheist's head will be on the wrong side of heaven and hell come judgement.
Oooohhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am on my knees in my hair shirt right now.

I recently had a discussion with a very good friend about Mother Teresa and her doubts about God. During our discussion she said to me ''Christians are just better human beings than non-believers like you''. When her husband gasped at what she had just said she tried to backtrack, but her true thoughts were out. That is one big difference between atheists and Christians. Atheists don't believe in God, but also don't believe it gives them any moral superiority.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #22
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

I love how all those self-righteous people will eventually find out there's no such thing as heaven.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #23
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
I love how all those self-righteous people will eventually find out there's no such thing as heaven.
Surely you mean ''won't find out''
Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #24
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Surely you mean ''won't find out''
No, I mean, they'll die and when they expect some kind of miracle, then nothing's gonna happen.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #25
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
No, I mean, they'll die and when they expect some kind of miracle, then nothing's gonna happen.
And I mean when they die, that is the end of consciousness - they will not know that nothing happened. One of the nasty little tricks their God played on atheists, I think. They believe they will have the last laugh and we believe they will never have the disappointment of realizing they will not have the last laugh.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #26
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
And I mean when they die, that is the end of consciousness - they will not know that nothing happened. One of the nasty little tricks their God played on atheists, I think. They believe they will have the last laugh and we believe they will never have the disappointment of realizing they will not have the last laugh.
In my opinion all this heaven talk is just something so people don't take hard on themselves for their lack of initiative to get what they really want. They just accept some shitty life expecting "rewards" after they die.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #27
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

I hate the way the Christian church, especially the Catholics, tells their followers that having a miserable life now will give them greater things when they die. This is just to establish a reason that the Vatican can squirrel away billions of the poor people's money and then tell them they are better for it. That is evil, I think.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #28
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Agreed 100%.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #29
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe in a personal God who came on earth through Jesus Christ. I know that He forgave me my sin and that I can have a personal relationship through Jesus with my Father in Heaven. I experienced in my own life, since I decided to live in a relationship with Christ, that He restored my life until now and is still restoring it and helping me to solve my problems. I can come with literally EVERYTHING to him, be it the stuff in university or my deepest inner problems, which I talk about only to my really best friend. The problem with the evil in the world is because mankind can decide if you want to do good or evil. If you decide to do the good you bring a bit more good in this world. God is a God who created mankind with the possibility to decide himself what he wants to do and He will ALWAYS respect that, though He doesn't like the decision if it is something evil.

And now I will leave the pc to go to read in the best book of the world, the Bible.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

I am happy to see that the agnostic vote is light. I am proud of convincing a friend to get off the ''agnostic fence'' because everybody is really an agnostic, given that there is no absolute proof one way or the other, of the existence of God. So without proof, what each person has to do is make a decision based on the weight of evidence. An agnostic says ''I don't know'', but since nobody knows, he might as well just say nothing.