Too short, Too light, Too Fat - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-05-2004, 11:58 PM   #1
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Too short, Too light, Too Fat

Too short? Too light? No problem, says Coria
PARIS

HERE is one for the midgets, proclaimed French Open title favourite Guillermo Coria after reaching the Roland Garros final.

The slightly-built, 22-year-old weighs in at just 65kg and stands at only 1.75m compared to the world's top two men, Roger Federer and Andy Roddick - 80kg, 1.85m and 89kg, 1.88m respectively.

On top of that, he lacks the all-consuming big serve which is a feature of the men's game.

But the Argentinian is adamant that those drawbacks will not hamper him when he faces compatriot Gaston Gaudio in tonight's final.

'Those players who serve very fast tend to have a low percentage, whereas both Gaston and I have a high percentage. That is very important,' said Coria, proudly sporting an Argentinian football shirt.

Coria, who defeated Britain's Tim Henman 3-6, 6-4, 6-0, 7-5 on Friday to reach the final, has something else to prove to the slightly taller and heavier Gaudio.

The two had a bitter clash last year at the Hamburg Masters which ended in fisticuffs in the locker room after their semi-final match.

At one set all and up a break in the decider, Coria pointedly thumped his chest and glared at Gaudio at a change-over with the message: 'You have no heart.'

Coria went on to win that set 6-0 but an incensed Gaudio and one of his coaches pinned Coria against a wall in the locker room after the game. They had to be separated by officials. According to Gaudio, it is all in the past.

'We talked about it and that's it,' he said after his straight-sets demolition of the third of the Argentinian semi-finalists, David Nalbandian, on Friday. 'It's over. Everything is clear now.'

Coria comes from the small provincial town of Venado Tuerto, three hours from Buenos Aires, and is a product of the Argentinian tennis federation coaching system.

Gaudio is a city boy from Buenos Aires who dabbled in football and rugby before ploughing his own furrow through the junior tennis ranks in Argentina.

The unseeded player admits that he will need to play 'unbelievable' tennis to get the better of third-seeded Coria, who was named after Guillermo Vilas, the last Argentinian to win the French Open in 1977.

He said: 'I have to convince myself that I have the ability. If it happened, great. If not, what can you do?' -- AFPhttp://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/sweat/story/0,4386,254808,00.html
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2004, 12:15 AM   #2
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too short, Too light, Too Fat

It's a shame the Argentines don't get along so well.

I'm glad the young Americans are such good friends.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 06-06-2004 at 02:24 AM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:00 AM   #3
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Yah Argentinean players don't really get along
And yes, guys here are pretty agressive.

Anyway... good luck Coria!
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:57 AM   #4
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just all be one happy family.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:11 PM   #5
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

They get along to some extent. When Calleri had that tough three setter with Soederling at IW, there were a bunch of Argentine guys and some Spanish guys too cheering for him.

I think that one thing that is different with them and say the Spanish or French guys is that the Argentine federation doesn't have much money and decides which young players to favor. Coria and Nalbandian (I think that is right) got money from the federation, but Chela, Calleri, Canas, and Gaudio didn't. That sort of thing creates jealousy, I think.

Anyway, Gaudio has got his sports psychiatrist now and that seems to have done wonders for him. That's a good thing because his mental meltdowns were painful to see.

Carito is off to some sports bar this morning to watch the match. She should have a lot of fun.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:58 PM   #6
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Too short, too light, too fat I thought for a second this was a thread about Robby, Coria, and Dent(respectively)
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:07 PM   #7
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Fumus!
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:22 PM   #8
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Jennay!! I am not a smart man but, I know what love is!
That's the gospel.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:19 PM   #9
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Fumus!! I can see you have love for Robby, Coria, and Taylor.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:23 PM   #10
country flag Fumus

I have love for the two Americans...
That's the gospel.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:25 PM   #11
country flag Jennay

Well Taylor's just a fat ass.. no offense to him, he knows I love him
Old 06-21-2004, 08:27 PM   #12
country flag Fumus

He's not a fat ass, he just big boned....ert..big stomached...
That's the gospel.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:33 PM   #13
country flag Jennay

Well he does have a fat ass. *smack*
Old 06-21-2004, 08:41 PM   #14
country flag Fumus

*austin powers voice* oooo, bee-have!
That's the gospel.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:46 PM   #15
country flag Jennay

Yeah, baby