Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2008 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #61
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon View Post
then i mus give credit to gavnich then

so we wilL have the 16 countries. by default, if there are 5 USA players in the top 16 rankings, then the top ranked one wilL be the captain and he or she can choose 3 others to represent USA. Then the last remaining USA player can choose not to play DC or he can switch allegiance.

How?
Yes, he can join another country to play DC if he wants to play DC and USA does not have any space left.
I didn't get your question though
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #62
country flag balloon

balloon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeMB View Post
Yes, he can join another country to play DC if he wants to play DC and USA does not have any space left.
I didn't get your question though

err the how is not a question. haha

its asking wad u tink abt e suggestion i said, about joining another country or not playin dc at all
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
balloon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #63
country flag FilipeMB

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
err the how is not a question. haha

its asking wad u tink abt e suggestion i said, about joining another country or not playin dc at all

that's fine for me.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #64
country flag FilipeMB

And as team leade (16 contries qualified for WG), they can choose another country to play to and this country will be part of WG.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #65
country flag FilipeMB

And if the captain of the country (the top 16) does not want to play DC, then the country lose his position as WG direct qualified country and an alternate country will be called.
By final ranking of 2007, there is only one country repeated in the top 16 (= by now, the countries qualifies for DC) that's Germany.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #66
country flag balloon

balloon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And if the captain of the country (the top 16) does not want to play DC, then the country lose his position as WG direct qualified country and an alternate country will be called.
By final ranking of 2007, there is only one country repeated in the top 16 (= by now, the countries qualifies for DC) that's Germany.

thanks for the hard work
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
balloon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #67
country flag maldini

maldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Singapore is already very small on the world map, i must enlarge it

Quote:
then he/she could join Switzerland e.g.
Titles: Paris-Bercy 2013, Gstaad 2012, Zagreb 2011, Casablanca 2010, Basel 2008, Vienna 2007
2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist

Roger Federer Pete Sampras Tim Henman
maldini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #68
country flag FilipeMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldini View Post
then he/she could join Switzerland e.g.
or before it, you can call him to join Switzerland
Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #69
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

The season has begun and suggestions weren't confirmed...

I suggested the idea of being able to pick as long as the match hasn't started if you weren't able to pick before play for the day started, but although many people agreed with me it has never been confirmed as a rule anywhere.

Today people have done that at Doha so can it please be confirmed so everyone is sure
Also will it apply all the time? Or will there be a limit to how often you can do it? (I know there used to be a limit when it was done that way before - I don't care either way)
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #70
country flag FilipeMB

It is a wonderful idea and I'm in favor of it but I can't confirm it and use it just because I agree with it. Other board members have to agree with it too.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:08 PM   #71
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

if people are allowed to pick after the first match has started we need to post when matches start imho.

I could do this for tournaments in Europe but not Australia.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:48 PM   #72
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
if people are allowed to pick after the first match has started we need to post when matches start imho.

I could do this for tournaments in Europe but not Australia.
I wouldn't have thought it would matter so much that it needs to be posted every time a match starts... just periodically checking by anyone to the thread to make sure no one is picking for a match that has started. Just like in PAW.. NO one is able to get away with it there because if someone picks a match that's already started someone always is there to tell them that it's invalid.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:49 PM   #73
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

As I said though some people have done it in Doha today so it could be a bit of an issue for the manager there to work out what happens with that since the rule hasn't been confirmed.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #74
country flag FilipeMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
As I said though some people have done it in Doha today so it could be a bit of an issue for the manager there to work out what happens with that since the rule hasn't been confirmed.
Labamba, Sheva and I love psy music sent picks after matches started but they were qualyfing matches, therefore, I considered their picks.
mashamaniac sent picks after first round matches began but, if this new rule was confirmed, i'd have accepted his pick. But as I said, I'm not sure about this rule, even though I think this rule will be confirmed.
For Doha, this rule will not be applied. Discussion may be valid for this to start in Auckland or Australian Open.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #75
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

ah ok I thought it was more than one... yes it's fine when it's only qualifiers being played