Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2008 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #46
country flag balloon

balloon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeMB View Post
But we don't have that kind of information in our rankings. I mean, i'd have to search for 181 players nationality or the nationality they'd want to use.

maybe you just have to find out the top 30 players ranking first?

and out of topic, how do we find out which country the person is? when i put my cursor over the flag, it only says country flag, it doesnt say anything like the name of the country flag
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
balloon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #47
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon View Post
maybe you just have to find out the top 30 players ranking first?

and out of topic, how do we find out which country the person is? when i put my cursor over the flag, it only says country flag, it doesnt say anything like the name of the country flag
then, it's just geography knowldge
Ok, I'll do it.
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #48
country flag balloon

balloon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond reputeballoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
then, it's just geography knowldge
Ok, I'll do it.

i dun have any
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #49
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

If you right click on the flag and click properties it will tell you which flag it is. But at the same time, Felipe or I could open a DC teams thread where we can have team recruting, personally, I dont care if someone from Singapore plays for someone else cuz the wont have a team otherwise, Id rather try to keep it to teams of four, but like in TT, where Jess isnt from Serbia but plays for Serbia, thats completely fine with me.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-14-2007, 01:59 PM   #50
country flag balloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
If you right click on the flag and click properties it will tell you which flag it is. But at the same time, Felipe or I could open a DC teams thread where we can have team recruting, personally, I dont care if someone from Singapore plays for someone else cuz the wont have a team otherwise, Id rather try to keep it to teams of four, but like in TT, where Jess isnt from Serbia but plays for Serbia, thats completely fine with me.

What do you guys think?

yeah but if im not wrong, jess plays for serbia cause serbia is in the world group, and has no representatives, so she choose them, im not sure though.

yeah, minimum of 2 players will be enough though.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #51
country flag FilipeMB

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post

What do you guys think?
That's fine for me also. I mean, it'd be nicer to play for your real country but if they have no space for more players. Teams with only 1 players are unreal. I mean, I could stand it but it'd look unreal. Real Davis Cup teams only play with 2 players or more.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:03 PM   #52
country flag balloon

Quote:
That's fine for me also. I mean, it'd be nicer to play for your real country but if they have no space for more players. Teams with only 1 players are unreal. I mean, I could stand it but it'd look unreal. Real Davis Cup teams only play with 2 players or more.

yeah, having 2 is a must..

but how we go about choosing the 16 countries? tts the question?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:05 PM   #53
country flag maldini

maldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond repute

balloon...you could play for Switzerland
Titles: Paris-Bercy 2013, Gstaad 2012, Zagreb 2011, Casablanca 2010, Basel 2008, Vienna 2007
2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist

Roger Federer Pete Sampras Tim Henman
maldini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #54
country flag balloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldini View Post
balloon...you could play for Switzerland

u could play for singapore too
Old 12-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #55
country flag FilipeMB

Quote:
yeah, having 2 is a must..

but how we go about choosing the 16 countries? tts the question?
We could set up the thread by now and then have a period for the top 16 teams (with you idea based on rankings positions) to commit and recruit their players. The highest players from each country would be the leader unless they do not want to. Countries with less than 2 players would have this period to convince players from "populated" countries like USA, Argentina, etc to join them. Then, after this period, if all the slots are not ocupated, then commitments for rest of the countries would be free. The countries that do not make into the draw would play World Group Qualifying Round in September.
The slots for the countries that join World Group not by "ranking" way would be given based on their rankings
Old 12-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #56
country flag balloon

Quote:
We could set up the thread by now and then have a period for the top 16 teams (with you idea based on rankings positions) to commit and recruit their players. The highest players from each country would be the leader unless they do not want to. Countries with less than 2 players would have this period to convince players from "populated" countries like USA, Argentina, etc to join them. Then, after this period, if all the slots are not ocupated, then commitments for rest of the countries would be free. The countries that do not make into the draw would play World Group Qualifying Round in September.
The slots for the countries that join World Group not by "ranking" way would be given based on their rankings

nah its not my idea
i stole it from TT

that sounds good, and we cap the no. of players per country to 4?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #57
country flag maldini

maldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

u could play for singapore too
hmm i was first

and it would be a shame if the country of ATP no.1 wasn't here
Titles: Paris-Bercy 2013, Gstaad 2012, Zagreb 2011, Casablanca 2010, Basel 2008, Vienna 2007
2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist

Roger Federer Pete Sampras Tim Henman
maldini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:17 PM   #58
country flag FilipeMB

Quote:
nah its not my idea
i stole it from TT

that sounds good, and we cap the no. of players per country to 4?
your idea = you said this

yep. minimium 2, maximium 4
Old 12-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #59
country flag balloon

Quote:
your idea = you said this

yep. minimium 2, maximium 4

then i mus give credit to gavnich then

so we wilL have the 16 countries. by default, if there are 5 USA players in the top 16 rankings, then the top ranked one wilL be the captain and he or she can choose 3 others to represent USA. Then the last remaining USA player can choose not to play DC or he can switch allegiance.

How?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #60
country flag balloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldini View Post
hmm i was first

and it would be a shame if the country of ATP no.1 wasn't here

Singapore is already very small on the world map, i must enlarge it