Help Please - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 11-11-2007, 03:35 AM   #1
country flag Stgobaiano
Registered User
 
Stgobaiano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: La pieza de TU HERMANA
Age: 23
Posts: 1,351
Stgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help Please

Some who speak perfect English can correct my grammar faults in this work that I have to do for School(English). Please English Speakers correct my faults please.







Night 1, Monday 2 July

To begin our study trip, we all met at school at 9:00 P.M to got on the buses to travel to the north of our country. Before to got on the buses, we met the guides who were going to show us the different places that we would visit, and the drivers that would take us.
Our first objective was Puerto Viejo, After stopped in a gas station. We had dinner on the bus and then we slept.
Around 5’o clock we had a problem with the bus because the bus didn’t work we didn’t know nothing about this. But after waiting some time, the bus started to work again and we continue with the trip
That trip took all the night, we stopped to took a shower then all the students were back into the buses to continue with the trip
After some hours we arrived Puerto Viejo.


Day 1, Tuesday 3 July

We arrived at Puerto Viejo, a little port in which a lot of little constructions of many colors, the guides explained us that the houses were used only in summer. Only in the houses near the beach, lived a little group of fishemans.
At the beach everyone spoke about the expectatives of the journey. All of us wanted to know better everyone in our class. After Puerto Viejo we went to Caldera , there he had lunch. Caldera is a port near Bahía Inglesa.
In the afternoon we visited Bahía Inglesa, a village located in the coast of the third Chilean region. Bahia Inglesa beach was very beautiful. It was long with white sand and clear water. The bay was full of cultures of shellfish
After Bahía Inglesa we went to the Nature Reserve of Pan de Azúcar. While we travel to the north, the landscape was more drier and with less vegetation.
When is was getting dark we arrived to Pan de Azúcar, put up the tents and prepared everything necessary to install ourselves in the camp. Then we prepared the food and had dinner. Before going to sleep, we did a bonfire and met around to sing and talk. Later the guides gave us the indications to had a good camp and what we will do next day.



Day 2, Wednesday 4 July

We woke up in Pan de Azúcar, after a bad night, I don`t like tents because I slept very bad. The landscape was amazing, because of the contrast that existed between the dryness of the land, the colour of hills and the mountains, and the intense blue colour of the sea. The place was very dry and there were a lot of cactus there. In front of the place that we put the tents there was a beautiful beach, there were sunny days all the year.

Pan de Azúcar is a Natural Reserve for two principal reasons. In the land you can find all the species of cactus that exist in the world and a lot of little animals like rodents and foxes. Secondly, because the reserve has a varied marine fauna like whales, orcas and dolphins, and in the island which is named Pan de Azucar, there live colonies of penguins and seals.
In the morning, after we had breakfast, we had a tour on boats with the local fishermen.
They told to us that maybe we could see dolphins near the island, In the boat trip we could appreciate nearby the island of Pan de Azúcar, and the penguins and seals that lived there, we couldn’t access the island because only scientists could do it
After the tour we round the reserve with the forest guard, who explained us more about the place and the different types of cactus. Then we returned to the camp to have lunch.
In the evening we went to a viewpoint on the top of the hill. When we went down the bus, many foxes approached and followed us in the way to the viewpoint. From the top of the hill we saw the entire place, the beaches and the huge ocean. The view was awesome, we saw the sunset.
We comeback to the camp when it was dark.
For dinner we ate pizzas and later we did a bonfire like the night before, we had fun that night, Then we went to sleep.







Day 3, Thursday 5 July


We woke up very early. We put off the tents, cleaned the place and prepared all the necessary stuff to travel to Calama. That takes like seven or eight hours.
We left Pan de Azúcar by another way from the one we had arrived. This way was very dry and we could notice the beginning of the Atacama Desert, there we had breakfast in the middle of the dessert, it was a very nice experience. Then we arrived at the road and saw the Desert that was huge and very dry, and the hills had different colours and shades. Near the road we saw it was completely uninhabited.
During our way to Calama, we stopped at the Pampa Union and the Hand of

the dessert. Pampa Union is a place were we saw the old walls were the

salitre workers had party at that time.

After that we continued travelling and arrived at Calama about 8 P.M . We arrived to Park Hotel Calama, which was very nice and elegant, there we played some pool , ping pong. Some of us watched the football match Chile v/s Congo
We had dinner we went to sleep at 2:00 A.M






Day 4, Friday 6 July

We woke up at 8 A.M and had breakfast in the hotel. We met in the lobby at 9 am to travel by buses to San Pedro de Atacama , a trip that takes about two hours.
We did a stop in the middle of the desert in Domeyko Mountains to look the landscape from a viewpoint. There was a huge valley where there were little oasis and towns where natives live. There was also the ¨Salar de Atacama¨, who it is the biggest salt deposit in Chile and that is very extensive and magnificent. The Atacama valley has an extremely dry climate and is surrounded by volcanoes and the principal is ‘Licancabur’. An indigenous legend says that the volcano was formed for a fight between the nearby hills.
At 11:30 am we arrived at San Pedro de Atacama, the principal oasis of the desert was where the natives called Atacameños lived. We visited the town alone, so we had the opportunity to see how the locals lived. There were a lot of handicrafts businesses, travel agencies, hotels, restaurants, etc. The houses of the citizens were made of clay and straw, and we had the chance to talk with the people, so they told us the history and the proud that they feel for their indigenous culture. And the principal economical resource is the agriculture but today they lived from the tourism
In the centre of the town there was a park. There was a church that had a beautiful architecture and some houses that conserved the same style; they are monuments.
We went to a restaurant to lunch. After lunch we visited Gustavo Le Paige Museum that had a lot of objects and mummies from the Atacameño’s culture. It was boring because the objects weren’t very interesting.
In the evening we went to the ‘’Valle de la Luna’’, where we climbed the dunes to try to have a better view. We could see the ‘Cordillera de la Sal’ an the ‘Valle de la Luna ’ that was called this way because everything was white because of the salt, and the rocks looked like moon craters. There we saw the sunset and we could appreciate the different colours of the dessert,. Meanwhile the sunset down; the colour of the desert changed from yellow to orange, then to purple and finally everything was dark. After that we entered to the Salt Caves and then looked at the stars in the sky.
After that interesting tour we returned to the Park Hotel Calama to have dinner and sleep there.




Day 5, Saturday 7 July

We woke up very early in the morning, because we had to meet in the lobby at 4 am. That was because we were going to know the Geysers of The Tatio, and you only can see that at dawn. But we began the trip to the geysers ay 5:15 A.M because some classmates were sleeping. We went on mini vans.
The way was a dirty track and was very long. In the way to The Tatio we could see some animals like alpacas, llamas, guanacos and vicuñas. The geysers were too high more than 4.000 meters above the level of the sea, so a lot of people felt bad. Because of the altitude sickness, it was very cold, we were wearing clothes as we were in the ski centers
Finally we arrived at the geysers, which were wonderful. There were holes in the land that were sprouting steam and warm water. After we saw the Geysers we took breakfast in that place, it was an awesome experiencie.
After visiting the geysers, we went by car to a town called Caspana, which in fact is very attractive because even tough it is in the desert, it has a lot of vegetation and an interesting system of irrigation in the agricultural terraces. In addition, Atacameños and Bolivians live from the agriculture in this little village.

Afterwards we visited Chiu Chiu, a small and beautiful town were we saw the oldest church in Chile, and we had lunch in a restaurant which was very bad because it was very spicy.
After that nice visit, we got on the buses to begin a trip to Pica, which takes more than six hours.
We arrived at Santa Rosa Resort at Pica. Then we had dinner and went to bed after a long day.






Day 6, Sunday 8 July

The 6th day we were at Pica, an oasis with a lot of plantations of
lemons, guavas,oranges and other fruits.
We woke up in the Resort at Pica about 8:30 am, and we had breakfast at 9 A.M Then we swam in the swimming pool of the resort.
Afterwards we went to the Chacras, where we could looked all
fruit plantation.
After lunch we went to the centre of Pica where we had some big ice
Creams on pineapples or some natural juices.
We left Pica and travelled to La Tirana. La Tirana is a town in the desert that every year receives more than 120.000 tourists that go to participate in the
celebration of the party of La Virgen del Carmen. The party is named
Tirana, as well as the town, and it's celebrated between the 12th and
18th of July. So, when we arrived there, there was a lot of people
going around.
The town was very attractive because the next week began the celebration of La Tirana, and the town was decorated with colours, dresses and many others things.
After finishing that, we began our trip to the city of Iquique. At night we arrived at night to the Hotel Arturo Prat, then we went to a restaurant to have dinner The restaurant was called ‘’La Caleta de Mario’’ and it was awful. Finally, we returned to the hotel, and each one went to their room to get some sleep.


Day 7, Monday 9 July
We woke up at 8 o' clock and had breakfast in the hotel, this time
we travelled to Humberstone, A town that was an old saltpetre office that was built in the time when the saltpetre was the principal economic resource of Chile, Humberstone was a monument, and had a lot of attractions, like old
houses and a haunted theatre, among others. And we could see how the people lived in the saltpetre time.
Then the buses picked us up and took us to the restaurant Vi-Vu, for
lunch. After lunch we returned to the hotel to change our clothes and
prepare to go to the ZOFRI. The ZOFRI (Zona Franca de Iquique) is a business district in Iquique, and it had a very big and popular mall because the products are cheaper, they are tax free.
When we returned to the bus we could see Iquique at night, a big tourist city,
very beautiful and attractive for its beaches, monuments and hills.
We arrived the hotel, and then we had our space of freedom , because then we
went by bus to a disco called "cannavans". There we had a wonderful time, because we could have party time and have fun, and we also met with other schools. At 3 A.M we returned to the hotel, and people went to sleep







Day 8, Tuesday 10 July
It was the last day, so we had more time to sleep, we woke up at 9:30,
had breakfast at 10 o' clock, and then we had to pack our things.
Then we went all morning to the beach and there we met a man who was called ‘’Armagenon’’ and he said that he hadn’t have any dogs, but all the dogs were they friends, he was a very peculiar person, After that, we went walking to a restaurant that was near the beach, and there we had lunch(then we met another wandering that knew 6 languages.
In the afternoon we did a tour, but this time was walking around the
centre of the city. The main attractions were the Arturo Prat
Park, in front of the hotel, and the Municipal Theatre of Iquique,
that is a monument which had a lot of stories.
We also visited old houses that were very elegant and huge that
belonged to wealthy people. All the centre of Iquique is very important,
because the buidings still have a nice architecture that were built
at the beginning of the city.
We returned to the Arturo Prat Hotel after the tour and we had a special activity in which all of us had to talk about our trip experiencies. After that we went to the airport, because our flight was at 8:00 P.M
The airport was located outside of Iquique, and we went to the airport
going across the coast where you could see a lot of beaches.
When we arrived at the airport we went to get our check in.
Finally we landed in Santiago and our families were waiting for us at the
airport, where our study trip finished.



General impression: It was my first time in the north of my country and It was very interesting to know more about our culture, our dessert land, oasis and the different landscape of the North.
Also it was a good opportunity to know more some schoolmates that we didn’t know before, it was a very useful trip.


Thanks and acknowledgements: I am grateful of all people of LATITUD 90, who came with us the entire trip and explained interesting things about the north and its landscape. I also want to give thanks to the drivers, who took us to the different places.
Finally I want to give and special acknowledgement to the teachers who accompanied in our trip.
Stgobaiano is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
country flag good_gambler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 3,724
good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

There is alot there so I will go through it whenever I have time.

To start with:

Night 1, Monday 2 July
To begin our study trip, we all met at school at 9:00 P.M to get on the bus to travel to the north of our country. Before getting on the bus, we met the drivers and the guides who were going to show us the different places that we would visit.

Our first objective was Puerto Viejo. After we stopped at a gas station, we had dinner on the buses and then we slept. At around 5.00 AM (5 am????) we had a problem with the bus because something, that we knew nothing about, wasn't working. But after waiting some time, the bus started to work again and we continued with the trip.

The trip took all night. We stopped to take a shower, then all the students were back on the bus to continue on their journey. (Trip is written too much in that sequence so I put journey there?)

After some time we arrived Puerto Viejo.


Buses just sounds :retard:ed but if their were multiple bus then buses is the correct word so you will need to fix that.
__________________
My signature sucked so I made this one instead.

Last edited by good_gambler : 11-11-2007 at 09:00 AM.
good_gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stgobaiano View Post
Day 1, Tuesday 3 July

We arrived at Puerto Viejo, a little port in which a lot of little constructions of many colors, the guides explained us that the houses were used only in summer. Only in the houses near the beach, lived a little group of fishemans.
At the beach everyone spoke about the expectatives of the journey. All of us wanted to know better everyone in our class. After Puerto Viejo we went to Caldera , there he had lunch. Caldera is a port near Bahía Inglesa.
In the afternoon we visited Bahía Inglesa, a village located in the coast of the third Chilean region. Bahia Inglesa beach was very beautiful. It was long with white sand and clear water. The bay was full of cultures of shellfish
After Bahía Inglesa we went to the Nature Reserve of Pan de Azúcar. While we travel to the north, the landscape was more drier and with less vegetation.
When is was getting dark we arrived to Pan de Azúcar, put up the tents and prepared everything necessary to install ourselves in the camp. Then we prepared the food and had dinner. Before going to sleep, we did a bonfire and met around to sing and talk. Later the guides gave us the indications to had a good camp and what we will do next day.

We arrived at Puerto Viejo, a little port in which there are many small buildings of many colors. The guides explained to us that the houses were used only in summer. A little group of fishermen lived in the houses near the beach.

At the beach everyone spoke about the expectations of the journey. All of us wanted to know everyone in our class a little better. After Puerto Viejo we went to Caldera, where we had lunch. Caldera is a port near Bahía Inglesa.

In the afternoon we visited Bahía Inglesa, a village located on the coast of the third Chilean region. Bahia Inglesa beach was very beautiful. It was long with white sand and clear water. The bay was full of cultures of shellfish.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean there.

After Bahía Inglesa we went to the Nature Reserve of Pan de Azúcar. As we traveled to the north, the landscape was drier, with less vegetation.

As it was getting dark we arrived at Pan de Azúcar, put up the tents and prepared everything necessary to settle ourselves in the camp. Then we prepared the food and had dinner. Before going to sleep, we met around a bonfire to sing and talk. Later, the guides gave us some camping advice and told us the plans for the next day.



I've tried to keep as close to your original wording as possible...an interesting blog.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
country flag good_gambler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 3,724
good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Day 1, Tuesday 3 July

We arrived at Puerto Viejo, a little port in which many colours are used in their construction. The guides explained to us that the houses were only used in summer apart from a little group of fisherman, who lived near the beach.

At the beach everyone spoke about the expectations of the journey. All of us wanted to know everyone in our class a little better. After Puerto Viejo we went to Caldera, a port near Bahía Inglesa, where we had lunch.

In the afternoon we visited Bahía Inglesa, a village located on the coast of the third Chilean region. Bahia Inglesa beach was very beautiful. It was long, with white sand and clear water. The bay was full of cultures of shellfish. (cultures?)

After Bahía Inglesa, we went to the Nature Reserve of Pan de Azúcar. As we traveled to the North, the landscape became more drier and had less vegetation.

As it was getting dark we arrived at Pan de Azúcar, put up the tents and prepared everything necessary to set up the camp. We then prepared the food and had dinner. Before going to sleep, we met around a bonfire to sing and talk. Later the guides gave us the indications to have a good camp and told us what we will do the next day.
__________________
My signature sucked so I made this one instead.
good_gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #5
country flag good_gambler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 3,724
good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Sorry Ljuba.. Didn't see you had done it.
__________________
My signature sucked so I made this one instead.
good_gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #6
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stgobaiano View Post
Day 2, Wednesday 4 July

We woke up in Pan de Azúcar, after a bad night, I don`t like tents because I slept very bad. The landscape was amazing, because of the contrast that existed between the dryness of the land, the colour of hills and the mountains, and the intense blue colour of the sea. The place was very dry and there were a lot of cactus there. In front of the place that we put the tents there was a beautiful beach, there were sunny days all the year.

Pan de Azúcar is a Natural Reserve for two principal reasons. In the land you can find all the species of cactus that exist in the world and a lot of little animals like rodents and foxes. Secondly, because the reserve has a varied marine fauna like whales, orcas and dolphins, and in the island which is named Pan de Azucar, there live colonies of penguins and seals.
In the morning, after we had breakfast, we had a tour on boats with the local fishermen.
They told to us that maybe we could see dolphins near the island, In the boat trip we could appreciate nearby the island of Pan de Azúcar, and the penguins and seals that lived there, we couldn’t access the island because only scientists could do it
After the tour we round the reserve with the forest guard, who explained us more about the place and the different types of cactus. Then we returned to the camp to have lunch.
In the evening we went to a viewpoint on the top of the hill. When we went down the bus, many foxes approached and followed us in the way to the viewpoint. From the top of the hill we saw the entire place, the beaches and the huge ocean. The view was awesome, we saw the sunset.
We comeback to the camp when it was dark.
For dinner we ate pizzas and later we did a bonfire like the night before, we had fun that night, Then we went to sleep.

We woke up in Pan de Azúcar. I'd had a bad night - I struggle to sleep in tents. The landscape was amazing, because of the contrast between the dryness of the land, the colour of hills and the mountains, and the intense blue colour of the sea. The area was very dry and a lot of cactus grew there. Our camp looked out onto a beautiful beach. This location always sees sun.

Pan de Azúcar is a Natural Reserve for two main reasons. Firstly, growing in the ground are all the species of cactus that exist in the world, and, also, a lot of small animals, such as rodents and foxes, live here. Secondly, the reserve has a variety of marine life, such as whales, orcas, and dolphins. Also, colonies of penguins and seals live on Pan de Azucar island.

In the morning, after we had breakfast, we were given a tour, by boat, by local fishermen.

They informed us that we might be able to see dolphins near the island. By boat, we could appreciate the view of the nearby Pan de Azúcar island, and spot penguins and seals that lived over there. However, we couldn’t access the island as only scientists are allowed to do so.

After the tour we were guided around the reserve by the forest guard, who explained to us a little more about the place and the different types of cactus growing there. Then we returned to the camp to have lunch.

In the evening, we went to a viewpoint on the top of the hill. On leaving the bus, foxes appeared and followed us on the journey up to the viewpoint. From the top of the hill, we could see for miles around, including the beaches and the huge ocean. The view was awesome. We stayed long enough to see the sunset.

We arrived back at the camp in darkness.

We had pizza for dinner, and, later, we had another bonfire. We had a lot of fun. Then we went to sleep.



Again, I've tried to keep as close to the original as possible.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #7
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_gambler View Post
Sorry Ljuba.. Didn't see you had done it.
No probs Josh. Wed 4 July is the last entry I'll do for some hours now.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #8
country flag good_gambler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 3,724
good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Day 3, Thursday 5 July

We woke up very early. We pack up the tents, cleaned the place, and prepared all the necessary stuff to travel to Calama, a journey of about 8 hours.

We left Pan de Azúcar the opposite way we had come in. This way was very dry, as we began to notice the beginning of the Atacama Desert. There we had breakfast, in the middle of the dessert. It was a very nice experience.

We then arrived at the road, and saw the Desert. It was very dry, the hills had different colours and shades, and near the road we saw it was completely uninhabited. (the road? )

On our way to Calama, we stopped at the Pampa Union and the Hand of
the dessert. Pampa Union is the place were we saw the old walls, and where the
salitre workers had partied at that time. (is that right lol?)

After that, we continued traveling, and arrived at Calama at about 8 P.M. The place we stayed, Park Hotel Calama, was very nice and elegant. There, we played some pool, some ping pong, and some of us watched the Chile Vs Congo football match. We later had dinner and went to sleep at about 2.00 A.M

Day 4, Friday 6 July

We woke up at 8.00 A.M and had breakfast in the hotel. We met in the lobby at 9.00 A.M to travel by bus to San Pedro de Atacama, a trip that takes about two hours.

We stopped in the middle of the desert, at the Domeyko Mountains, to look at the landscape from a viewpoint. There was a huge valley and a little oasis and towns where natives live. Also there was the 'Salar de Atacama', which is the biggest salt deposit (deposit or depot?) in Chile. It was very extensive and magnificent. The Atacama valley has an extremely dry climate and is surrounded by volcanoes. The principal is ‘Licancabur’. An indigenous legend says that the volcano formed because of a fight between the nearby hills.

At 11:30 am we arrived at San Pedro de Atacama. The principal oasis of the desert was where the natives, called Atacameños, lived. We visited the town alone, so we had the opportunity to see how the locals lived. There were a lot of handcraft businesses, travel agencies, hotels, restaurants, etc. The houses of the citizens were made of clay and straw. We had a chance to talk with the local people, and they told us the history and how proud they feel for their indigenous culture. The main economical resource was agriculture but today they relied on the tourism industry.

What do u mean by principal? That word doesn't really fit.

In the centre of the town was a park. There was a church, that had a beautiful architecture, and some houses that conserved the same style. They were monuments.

We went to a restaurant for lunch. After that we visited Gustavo Le Paige Museum, which had a lot of objects and mummies from the Atacameño’s culture. I found it boring because the objects weren’t very interesting.

In the evening, we went to the 'Valle de la Luna'. There we climbed the dunes for a better view. We could see the ‘Cordillera de la Sal’ and the ‘Valle de la Luna’. The name originated because everything was white from the salt. The rocks looked like moon craters. There we saw the sunset and we could appreciate the different colours of the dessert. As the sunset, the colour of the desert changed from yellow, to orange, then to purple, and finally everything was dark. We then entered the Salt Caves and looked at the stars in the sky.

After that interesting tour we returned to the Park Hotel Calama to have dinner and sleep.


Day 5, Saturday 7 July

We woke up very early in the morning, because we had to meet in the lobby at 4 am. (fuck ur crazy )

This was because we were going to the Geysers of The Tatio, something that can only be seen at dawn. However, we didn't begin the trip to the Geysers until 5:15 A.M because some classmates were sleeping. (lmao) We went by mini vans.

We went by dirt track, which was very long. On the way to The Tatio we could see some animals, like alpacas, llamas, guanacos and vicuñas. The Geysers were very high, more than 4 000 meters above the level of the sea. Because of the altitude, it was very cold and a lot of people felt ill. We were wearing clothes as we would wear skiing.

Finally we arrived at the Geysers, which were wonderful. There were holes in the land that were sprouting steam and warm water. After we saw the Geysers, we had breakfast there. It was an awesome experience.

We then went by car to a town called Caspana. Even though this town is in the desert, it is very attractive due to having lots of vegetation, and an interesting irrigation system in the agricultural terraces. In addition, Atacameños and Bolivians live from the agriculture in this little village.

Afterwards, we visited Chiu Chiu, a small and beautiful town were we saw the oldest church in Chile. We had lunch in a restaurant, which was very bad because it was very spicy. (haha)

After that nice visit, we got on the bus to continue our trip, this time to Pica. This journey takes more then six hours.

We arrived at Santa Rosa Resort at Pica, where we had dinner and went to bed after a long day.
__________________
My signature sucked so I made this one instead.
good_gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #9
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty
 
scarecrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tirana, ALBANIA
Age: 32
Posts: 78,073
scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

wow, you have a Tirana there as well
__________________
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:25 AM   #10
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,477
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljuba Truba! View Post
The bay was full of cultures of shellfish.
Maybe schools of shellfish.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #11
country flag good_gambler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 3,724
good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Day 6, Sunday 8 July

The 6th day we were at Pica, an oasis with a lot of plantations such as lemons, guavas, oranges and other fruits.

We woke up in the Resort at about 8:30 am, and had breakfast at 9 A.M. We then had a swim at the resort swimming pool.

After that we went to the Chacras, where we could look at different fruit plantation. (boring much ) We had lunch and then went to the centre of Pica, where we had either ice
creams on pineapples or some natural juices.

We left Pica and traveled to La Tirana. La Tirana is a town in the desert, where more then 120 000 people visit every year to participate in the celebration of the La Virgen del Carmen party. The party, and town, is named Tirana, (I thought the party was la virgen del carmen? ) and is celebrated between the 12th and 18th of July.

The town was very attractive, decorated with colours, dresses and many other things. This was because, the next week began the celebration of La Tirana.

After that, we began our trip to the city of Iquique. At night we arrived at the Hotel Arturo Prat. We then went to 'La Caleta de Mario' restaurant for dinner. It was awful. (lmao)

Finally, we returned to the hotel, and everyone went to their room to get some sleep.

Day 7, Monday 9 July

We woke up at 8.00am and had breakfast in the hotel. This time
we traveled to Humberstone. Humberstone is a town that was an old saltpetre office, that was built when the saltpetre was the main economic resource of Chile. Humberstone was a monument, and had a lot of attractions such as old houses and a haunted theatre, among others. We got a chance to see how the people lived in the saltpetre time.

For lunch, the bus then picked us up and took us to restaurant Vi-Vu. After lunch we returned to the hotel to change our clothes and prepare to go to the Zona Franca de Iquique (ZOFRI). The ZOFRI is a business district in Iquique, which had a very popular mall because of the products being tax free, and cheaper.

When we returned to the bus we got to see Iquique at night, which is a big tourist city. It was very beautiful and well known for its beaches, monuments and hills.

We arrived back at the hotel, and had our own free time and space to get ready to go the disco called 'cannavans'. There we had a wonderful time because we could party and have fun, and also get the chance to meet other schools.

At 3 A.M we returned to the hotel, and everyone went to sleep.

Day 8, Tuesday 10 July

It was the last day, so we had more time to sleep in. We woke at 9:30am, had breakfast at 10am, and packed our things to leave.

We then went to the beach all morning, where we met a man who was called 'Armagenon'. He said that he doesn't own any dogs, but all the dogs were his friends. He was a very peculiar person. (is that right? And wtf )

After that, we went walking to a restaurant that was near the beach, and there we had lunch. We then met another wanderer that knew 6 languages.

In the afternoon we did a tour, but this time it was walking around the centre of the city. The main attractions were the Arturo Prat Park, in front of the hotel, and the Municipal Theatre of Iquique, which is a monument and has a lot of stories.
We also visited old houses, that were huge and very elegant, that belonged to wealthy people.

The enitire centre of Iquique is very important because the buidings that were built when the city first began, are still there.

We returned to the Arturo Prat Hotel after the tour and we had a special activity, in which all of us had to talk about our trip experiences. We then left for the airport. We got to see a lot of the coastline and beaches on our way. Our flight was at 8:00 P.M.

When we arrived at the airport we checked in, and boarded. (as you do )
Finally we landed in Santiago, where our study trip finished. Our families were waiting for us.

General impression: It was my first time in the north of my country and it was very interesting to learn more about our culture, our dessert land, oasis and the different landscape of the North.
It was also a good opportunity to get to know more about some of my schoolmates, that we didn’t know before. It was a very useful trip.

Thanks and acknowledgements: I am grateful to all of people of LATITUD 90, who came with us the entire trip and explained interesting things about the north and its landscape. I also want to thank the drivers, who took us to the different places.
Finally I want to give special thanks and acknowledgement to the teachers who accompanied us during our trip.
__________________
My signature sucked so I made this one instead.
good_gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #12
country flag good_gambler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 3,724
good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

OK, I hope thats all right.

Just make sure little things like... when you say a time.. at like 8.00pm, you stick with the same thing throughout. Dont say 8oclock one time, then 8PM and 8pm.. just pick one at stay with it.

And when you want to highlight something. Like a special place. Either put it in italics or use " or '. Dont keep changing it.

Hope you do well.
__________________
My signature sucked so I made this one instead.
good_gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #13
country flag good_gambler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 3,724
good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Oh and a few things I wasn't sure on so I just went with what I thought. Sorry if anything sounds a bit strange, but I am certainly not re-reading it to see if everything is right.
__________________
My signature sucked so I made this one instead.
good_gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #14
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 83,249
Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Maybe schools of shellfish.
I know it's "schools of fish" but do English use "schools" for shellfish too?
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #15
country flag Stgobaiano
Registered User
 
Stgobaiano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: La pieza de TU HERMANA
Age: 23
Posts: 1,351
Stgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond reputeStgobaiano has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Good Gambler Ljuba Turba


And the other guys also


Any other error. please people put it,I have to finish this for Tuesday

Last edited by Stgobaiano : 11-11-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Stgobaiano is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios