Fill-in-the-draw 2008 - New season, some changes, new managers wanted! - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #106
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fill-in-the-draw 2008 - New season, some changes, new managers wanted!

Sorry, for not keeping up on the discussion of the rankings, but I don´t look at the ranking that much most of the time, anyway

If noone else (maybe someone from the suiting timezone) wants to open Washington, I will do that later today
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #107
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fill-in-the-draw 2008 - New season, some changes, new managers wanted!

I'll steal washington cuz it's in my timezone and poor Boarder is overloaded. I'll put it up during delpotro match.
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #108
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone interested in running New Haven?
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:31 AM   #109
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

I can do it if nobody else wants, I'm just going to put it up because it's starting in about 13.5 hours...
Old 08-18-2008, 03:45 AM   #110
country flag Snoo Foo

Help help help, please advise, when I posted the draw for New Haven I left out "Del Potro vs. BYE" so when diego36arg and Dupuis2006 posted their draws, they were totally screwed up. Please see my proposed solution and advise accordingly ASAP. There were only 4 MD matches played today and they each only got 1 right and they each predicted that all 4 of today's winners would lose in the next round. The only potentially unfair advantage that I can tell is that "qualifier 1" (who they both picked as winning in 1R and losing in 2R to Acasuso) has now been identified as Delgado. Anyway I don't know what to do, if this doesn't work then I think New Haven FITD will have to be euthanized.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:41 AM   #111
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a problem with them redoing their draws. Your proposed solution looks good

But Snoo Foo, there's something else (not about this) that I'll PM you about
Old 08-18-2008, 04:44 AM   #112
country flag Snoo Foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_s View Post
I don't have a problem with them redoing their draws. Your proposed solution looks good

But Snoo Foo, there's something else (not about this) that I'll PM you about
Uh oh...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #113
country flag d_s

WHO WANTS TO DO US OPEN??
I'll do it if no one wants to
Old 08-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #114
country flag d_s

I'll open the thread and run it since no one is replying
Old 08-23-2008, 01:57 AM   #115
country flag Snoo Foo

Ah well, i would have done it but I didn't see this.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:14 AM   #116
country flag d_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
Ah well, i would have done it but I didn't see this.
I actually forgot to open the thread because I left to play some tennis so you can run it if you want. I didn't think anyone actually wanted to run it
Old 08-23-2008, 06:44 AM   #117
country flag Snoo Foo

OK I set it up... if somebody has a problem with that, we will have to do a traditional United States Battle-Rap.

...and I'm sure nobody wants that...

Old 09-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #118
country flag Snoo Foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Do you have to keep your picks in order of the draw?

I would think so. I mean, if someone wrote down his 64 first round picks in random order he would not get points for names that are out of place. The same rule should apply to all rounds.

In which case Frank Winkler will have NO finalists.
I don't know of any rule that says you have to keep your picks in the order of the draw. Obviously if you do a 128-man draw in random order, it's going to be a huge annoyance to the manager and he or she might ask you to re-do it or decide not to reject it because you are obviously just doing it to be a huge pain in the ass, but in this case his draw is completely clear to me. He picked four semifinalists and out of those four semifinalists he picked two finalists.

Quote:
SEMIS

nadal
murray
djokovic
federer

FINAL

djokovic
nadal

WINNER

djokovic
Sometimes people spell players' names wrong, sometimes they put in all kinds of extra information like seeds and first names, as long as I can understand it and it's clear to me what they meant, I'm going to accept it and I don't see any reason not to accept Frank Winkler's finalists, he clearly wrote the names of two players who he thinks will play in the final. To me it would be unsporting and against the spirit of FITD to reject his finalists on this basis. Please advise.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #119
country flag amalyn

amalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree. Putting the names in order is merely a logical thing to do and helps the manager. But the finalists are clear, no matter what order they are in, so they really should count. It would seem unfair to me if they didn't.
amalyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:34 AM   #120
country flag d_s

Just wanted to let everyone know, I'm taking Bucharest