Mens Tennis Forums banner

Roger on David & Martina...

4K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  Mike Kim 
#1 · (Edited)
"He's way better than being ranked 25 in the world. I don't know what the hell he's doing at the other tournaments, but it worked these two"

so he's top ten?

"I'd say closer to top 5"

you seem to get along after the defeat, you were laughing together in the locker room?

"I've known him since the juniors and he's nice, we get along"

are you as close to other Argentinians, like Cañas ?

"no because I don't know him as much"

You've heard about Martina (interupts)..

"I'm not commenting until I speak to her.."

#6 ·
"He's way better than being ranked 25 in the world. I don't know what the hell he's doing at the other tournaments, but it worked these two"

so he's top ten?

"I'd say closer to top 5"

you seem to get along after the defeat, you were laughing together in the locker room?

"I've known him since the juniors and he's nice, we get along"

are you as close to other Argentinians, like Cañas ?

"no because I don't know him as much"

You've heard about Martina (interupts)..

"I'm not commenting until I speak to her.."

:haha:

#14 ·
Alas, this seems perfectly true here on MTF.

Well, it won't work with THESE comments, eh? He's gracious as always and gives David all the credits for his wins.

#9 ·
what can he say rlly? What would anyone say about a very good friend whos supposed to be a resposible respectable person? Im sure he cant believe it as well..

#11 ·
What a sore loser ! Now he pretend he isn't serious about it and just laugh it off.
Give credit where credit's due you EgoKing. You desperately want to win, you care, yet you get outplayed, you get spanked.
What a disgrace.

#25 ·
I too believe Roger wouldn't say anything.

What could he possibly say? This is an impossible situation for him, he is a long-time friend of her, used to ball for her as a teen and played mixed doubles with her for Switzerland.

He is also the number one player in the world, ambassador for the sport, and took a hard line against doping in the past (re: 'appropriate punishment' comment regarding Canas' suspension).

He is truly stuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.