********WTF, TMC, Shanghai - Whatever you want to call it!******** - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:00 PM   #91
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ********WTF, TMC, Shanghai - Whatever you want to call it!********

Nice draw !!!

Vamos Roger

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #92
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland View Post
I read a comment from Djokovic (I'm guessing it was translanted from the Chinese press) that the surface seemed slow to him and he hoped it would get faster. I haven't heard that they changed the surface so maybe it's just Djokovic not having played on it before and needed to get used to it. I hope it hasn't been slowed down.
The organizers said they didn't change the surface at all. It is exactly the same surface for last year. Djokovic is the first to practice on the surface which was ready to be used only a couple of days ago. That may be the reason for the comment.

Roger didn't yet practise on that surface, cuz the stadium is far away from where he lives. Instead he practised in a stadium close to his hotel which the organizers specifically prepared for the players using exactly the same surface. BTW, nobody was allowed in there.
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #93
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like TFA didn't get the luck he wanted for the draw even tho Tio Toni doesn't believe in it...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #94
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanchr View Post
The organizers said they didn't change the surface at all. It is exactly the same surface for last year. Djokovic is the first to practice on the surface which was ready to be used only a couple of days ago. That may be the reason for the comment.

Roger didn't yet practise on that surface, cuz the stadium is far away from where he lives. Instead he practised in a stadium close to his hotel which the organizers specifically prepared for the players using exactly the same surface. BTW, nobody was allowed in there.
Interesting. Do you know if any other players are staying at the same hotel as Roger?
Hopefully the surface will be faster once the tournament starts.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #95
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Roger in Shanghai!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #96
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland View Post
Interesting. Do you know if any other players are staying at the same hotel as Roger?
All the other players are staying in the official sponsor hotel. Only Roger is not. He is staying in a different hotel from 2005 or 2006
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #97
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanchr View Post
All the other players are staying in the official sponsor hotel. Only Roger is not. He is staying in a different hotel from 2005 or 2006
Interesting. I guess he wants to prepare without any distractions from anyone.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #98
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

I think Roger don't want to face too many fans in the hotel.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #99
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
I think Roger don't want to face too many fans in the hotel.
I guess so too, Suk. But it isn't necessarily a negative thing - apparently Roger wants to prepare for this tournament undisturbed, which would be difficult if he ran into fans all the time. He obviously chose for this hotel because he thinks it will benefit his preparation. We all want him to do well here, don't we?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:16 PM   #100
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!

What a group for Roger!

Total OWNAGGGEEE!

Allez champ!
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:34 PM   #101
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuzza View Post
That arrogant bastard, can't share the same hotel as the other players. At least he doesn't rent his own house like Tiger Woods.

j/k

Old 11-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #102
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuzza View Post
Good thinking! It shows how much Roger wants this...
(question? Does this count as giving him/anyone points as far as being #1, etc.)

I think this idea of staying away from fans and all other distractions shows he is planning ahead................Great! imo

luna

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #103
country flag Rogieva
You can never have enough

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing draw, there is no reason for not making the SF!

Good luck roger!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:10 PM   #104
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunahielo View Post
Good thinking! It shows how much Roger wants this...
(question? Does this count as giving him/anyone points as far as being #1, etc.)

I think this idea of staying away from fans and all other distractions shows he is planning ahead................Great! imo

luna
I can understand him wanting to stay at a different hotel. I'm sure the players hotel is crowded with media and fans.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:10 PM   #105
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

The surface suits Roger, he is heavy favourite to win this title. People can say what they want about him being beatable now but the truth is, of the 7 opponents he could potentially face in the TMC, he has only ONE defeat against any of them off clay in the last 18 months.

In that time he has racked up 24 wins against all of them combined. 24-1 is pretty dominant from where I'm standing.

Last edited by stebs : 11-07-2007 at 06:17 PM.
stebs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote