********WTF, TMC, Shanghai - Whatever you want to call it!******** - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #31
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ********WTF, TMC, Shanghai - Whatever you want to call it!********

Of course my ultimate scenario would be for Nadal NOT to win Paris and Roddick to show up in Shanghai.

I haven't heard anything credible that Roddick is a possible no-show. I'm sure he'll want to get some matches in before DC and not go into DC cold without any match play since the last DC tie.

But I really don't want Nalbandian there because I don't consider him one of the best 8 players over the course of the year. He just happened to find his form at the end of the year when other guys are tired, injured or not motivated because they've already qualified for TMC or know their YE ranking is pretty much decided.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #32
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

I think Roddick will show up. He's not going to go cold into the DC finals. Playing 3 top 10 players will be good practice for him.

The TMC is all about who gets the most points and if Nalbandian can get the most points, he should be there. Yeah, he sucked a fat one until the end of the year, but winning 2 TMS events in a row is a huge rarity outside of Federer and Nadal on clay so if he's there it won't bother me that much.

What Federer needs is some rest after the season, then some intense training starting in mid December. He looked depleted against Nalbandian in Paris with nothing on his serve or FH. I think he'll be back in full force at the AO.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #33
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I don't expect Roddick to pull out either... I just read some rather unconfirmed rumours of him supposedly being injured. But there's a lot of $$$$ at stake, and so is his credibility (at least I think so), so I'd say it's about 90% sure he'll indeed be there. Which will leave Nalby out anyways.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #34
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuzza View Post
I don't expect Roddick to pull out either... I just read some rather unconfirmed rumours of him supposedly being injured. But there's a lot of $$$$ at stake, and so is his credibility (at least I think so), so I'd say it's about 90% sure he'll indeed be there. Which will leave Nalby out anyways.

Karin, love your new avi. Personally, I do not care who shows up in Shanghai. Roger cannot avoid every player who threatens him, before Nalbi, it was Djoko, before Djoko it was Canas...and so on. So, BRING IT ON, and may the better player win.
"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali“

————————————
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:04 PM   #35
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuzza View Post
I hope your right. His website is very vague about Shanghai right now. I think it would be really crappy if he did pull out like in 2005. You can bet if it was being played in the USA (or London even) he wouldn't be a question mark.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #36
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
Karin, love your new avi. Personally, I do not care who shows up in Shanghai. Roger cannot avoid every player who threatens him, before Nalbi, it was Djoko, before Djoko it was Canas...and so on. So, BRING IT ON, and may the better player win.
Thankees. I thought it appropriate to send Rogi my virtual best wishes in the form of him having a well-deserved rest.

You are right, and of course to be a real great champion, you should be able to WIN against anyone. I don't doubt Roger can do exactly that (question is rather: WILL he? ).
My post was in reply to Mirkaland's who asked about Nalby's chances of appearing in Shanghai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland View Post
I hope your right. His website is very vague about Shanghai right now. I think it would be really crappy if he did pull out like in 2005. You can bet if it was being played in the USA (or London even) he wouldn't be a question mark.
Oh, no question about it at all. It's a well-known fact that Roddick doesn't like to leave the US at all - he always makes himself scarce during the European tournaments as well (with Wimbly as an exception indeed).

Still, unless I read more convincing statements on his 'injury', I expect him to turn up in Shanghai all the same.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:45 PM   #37
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

roger needs to find his bh fast.

piggy, joker and donkey will exploit the crap out of that shot.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:33 PM   #38
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

One of the Bryans told Fox Sports that Roddick is 50/50 on whether he'll go to Shanghai. Because DC is all that is motivating him right now. If he doesn't go to Shangahi that will be the 5th MS event this year that he's missed. Amazing how some players can get away with this shit and others get fined for lack of effort.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #39
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing indeed! I never understood the fact he qualified for Shanghai despite his no shows and not winning any important title.
"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali“

————————————
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:42 AM   #40

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
Amazing indeed! I never understood the fact he qualified for Shanghai despite his no shows and not winning any important title.
this has not been one of roddick's best years.

he didnt make a TMS final or a GS final.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

Old 11-04-2007, 04:48 AM   #41
country flag Mechlan

Mechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland View Post
What a joke though if Fat Dave some how ends up in Shanghai just because of two good performances at the end of the year when the other top guys are spent from performing well over the course of the entire year. But Roddick obviously only cares about DC right now so he may decide not to make the trip to Shanghai and I can't see the ATP putting any pressure on him to go. He pulled out of Madrid and Paris and it was no big deal.
Just two good performances? Who else in the past three years has won 2 MS titles in a season? Especially if he wins Paris, Fat Dave totally deserves to be in Shanghai, at least based on current form. He's earned his points legitimately. Of course, there would be something hilariously ironic about him getting into the tournament as an alternate for a second time.
Mechlan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:23 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechlan View Post
Just two good performances? Who else in the past three years has won 2 MS titles in a season? Especially if he wins Paris, Fat Dave totally deserves to be in Shanghai, at least based on current form. He's earned his points legitimately. Of course, there would be something hilariously ironic about him getting into the tournament as an alternate for a second time.
esp when murray or baghdatis had chances to qualify

nalbandian is far more deserving than both of those but its good that richie qualified.

gonzo truba's season is like the mirror image of nalbandian. Good in the first quarter and then crap the rest.

-Richard Feynman

Old 11-04-2007, 07:34 AM   #43
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechlan View Post
So he deserves to be there because he's hot right now even though he's sucked for most of the year? Even if he wins Paris he still wouldn't qualify based on race points, he'd only slip in if someone else withdraws. To me that does not equal totally deserving to be there, just because he's hot and playing well right now.

If Nalbandian was more deserving than some who qualified (or nearly qualified) then he would be there outright. Davydenko beat him at RG, Baggy beat him at Wimbledon and Ferrer beat him at the US Open. I don't care that he's the most talented player on tour. TMC should be about results over an entire year, not two weeks at the end of the year.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:27 AM   #44
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

if David win tonight, that he may be can go to Shanghai~~
I don't want to see him~~~

if Nadal win, that Roger's ranking will be more tough next year~~

I don't know.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:31 AM   #45
country flag Blondie1985

Blondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBlondie1985 has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope nalbandian won't go to Shanguai!