The "get together" thread of the Tomas fans :D :D - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #61
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "get together" thread of the Tomas fans :D :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenah View Post
Hi Tomas fans

Sounds like you're having/had a great summer! I went to the beach for two weeks in the beginning of the month. I went to the US Open qualies yesterday and will go to the real tournament on the 28th. I had a great time yesterday and am really excited for next week!
the USO that's great!!! Have fun and take pics of Tomas for us! I'll go there one day too...for the tennis and seeing NYC

where are u from neenah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #62
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully I'll see Tomas - I've seen him the past two years I went! Have you ever been to NYC before? I live about an hour from the city, in New Jersey. Where are you from?

Oh and you can call me Nina.
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #63
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hopefully I'll see Tomas - I've seen him the past two years I went! Have you ever been to NYC before? I live about an hour from the city, in New Jersey. Where are you from?

Oh and you can call me Nina.
How many days are you gonna go to the USO? I hope more than one we want some details about your trip there and hopefully you'll run into Tomas around

No, I've never been to NYC...but I will, one day... I live in dear old Europe, in Bucharest, Romania to be more exact

ok, Nina I'm Andreea

Quote:
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:10 AM   #64
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post
How many days are you gonna go to the USO? I hope more than one we want some details about your trip there and hopefully you'll run into Tomas around

No, I've never been to NYC...but I will, one day... I live in dear old Europe, in Bucharest, Romania to be more exact

ok, Nina I'm Andreea
I was at the USO last Tuesday and I'll go back on Thursday. I wanted to go today too but I couldn't.

I really hope to see Tomas Thursday! As I said before I have had lots of luck seeing him in past years. Let's hope this trend continues!

*sigh* I love Europe Never been to Romania though. Maybe someday. I feel like in this huge country I live in everything is so far away!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #65
country flag Deea

Quote:
I was at the USO last Tuesday and I'll go back on Thursday. I wanted to go today too but I couldn't.

I really hope to see Tomas Thursday! As I said before I have had lots of luck seeing him in past years. Let's hope this trend continues!

*sigh* I love Europe Never been to Romania though. Maybe someday. I feel like in this huge country I live in everything is so far away!
then let's hope Thursday will make up for today

Go Nina

well...Romania is not really known as an important tourist destination in Europe. I mean ofc everyone wants to visit London, Paris, Rome, etc the important western countries...us, Eastern Europe...not so appealling and honestly I can see why we don't have such beautiful cities and even if there are lots of stuff to visit they are badly managed and don't live up to their full potential...What did you visit in Europe?
But you have South America at close hand...I'd love to go to Brazil and Argentina

Quote:

Last edited by Deea : 08-23-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #66
country flag neenah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post
then let's hope Thursday will make up for today

Go Nina

well...Romania is not really known as an important tourist destination in Europe. I mean ofc everyone wants to visit London, Paris, Rome, etc the important western countries...us, Eastern Europe...not so appealling and honestly I can see why we don't have such beautiful cities and even if there are lots of stuff to visit they are badly managed and don't live up to their full potential...What did you visit in Europe?
But you have South America at close hand...I'd love to go to Brazil and Argentina
I think that almost every country holds some sort of charm and something worth seeing. Maybe, as you said, some things are badly managed, but I'm sure there is a lot to be appreciated!

I've been to the UK once - I was on the Isle of Man most of the time and spent a few days on mainland England. Didn't go to London though. I've also been to Spain - Madrid, Barcelona, Zaragoza, and surrounding places. I would love to see Italy, where my grandparents come from. But I think that all countries hold something special to be seen - and Europe has some sort of extra charm in my eyes.

South America is great too. I've never been there, but I've been to Central America. I went to Costa Rica, which was fantastic - lush, colorful, full of wildlife and I've been to the Dominican Republic twice, hand-delivering school supplies and medical supplies to towns.

How about you, what parts of the world have you seen?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #67
country flag Deea

Quote:
I think that almost every country holds some sort of charm and something worth seeing. Maybe, as you said, some things are badly managed, but I'm sure there is a lot to be appreciated!

I've been to the UK once - I was on the Isle of Man most of the time and spent a few days on mainland England. Didn't go to London though. I've also been to Spain - Madrid, Barcelona, Zaragoza, and surrounding places. I would love to see Italy, where my grandparents come from. But I think that all countries hold something special to be seen - and Europe has some sort of extra charm in my eyes.

South America is great too. I've never been there, but I've been to Central America. I went to Costa Rica, which was fantastic - lush, colorful, full of wildlife and I've been to the Dominican Republic twice, hand-delivering school supplies and medical supplies to towns.

How about you, what parts of the world have you seen?
I agree Europe is indeed charming, but I'd love to go to South America one day...I think people there are more happy...I don't know why I get this impression. I consider they appreciate the little joys of life more than we do. Central America sounds nice, too

I've only visited Europe, never left my continent...yet I've been to most of the Western countries...I've seen a bit of London, Paris, Barcelona & Rome (such beautiful cities ) and also the usual summmer destinations as in Greece and Turkey. Right now I'm planning a trip to Budapest, the capital city of Hungary 'cause Coldplay will have a big concert there on the 23 of September and I've been wanting to see them live for a really long time.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #68
country flag neenah

Oh, you're very right about South America. Well, I've only been to Central America but it's very close, and the people there are so laid-back and happy - it's truly great. Whenever I go there I'm always affected for a couple weeks after

Have fun in Budapest - and enjoy Coldplay!

Tomas lost
Old 11-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #69
country flag Ashie_87

Ashie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you say "self control"? I forced myself to stay away from here to concentrate on my uni work this semester, but now that my exams are over (as of today!) I'm back! (I am very out of the loop, the last tennis match I let myself watch was during the Olympics )

Tomas
Ashie_87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #70
country flag JanineGermany

JanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond repute

Any fans online during winter break ???
JanineGermany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #71
country flag neenah

How are you?
Old 12-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #72
country flag JanineGermany

JanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond reputeJanineGermany has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How are you?
I´m fine and you???

Bit bored because of tennis break ;-)
JanineGermany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #73
country flag neenah

I'm great, actually.

I know, I haven't seen tennis since September.

Andreea, I was reading through our last few posts in this thread - you saw Coldplay?!! At their show in Budapest? Back when we had that chat I hadn't heard much of Coldplay in a while, but in the past few weeks I've become *obsessed* with them! And you saw them? That's fantastic! Two of my friends saw them on November 23 I think, at their New Jersey (USA) show, but I wasn't able to go. And, I was on the website coldplaying.com, and I was looking at pictures from their shows in the past few months, and the Budapest pictures stand out in my memory as being fantastic! I hope you had a great time.

What is your favorite song by them? I love A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Everything's Not Lost, Lovers in Japan / Reign Of Love, Green Eyes, A Whisper, Lost!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #74
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to wish all Tomas fans and of course Tomas himself and his loved-ones a Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year

Let's hope Tomas will have a healthy 2009 and a successful season
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:46 PM   #75
country flag neenah

Thank you - you too.

Can't wait to see Tomas playing again!