Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages) - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-31-2007, 07:37 PM   #121
country flag Jadranka

Jadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

I support Gu
FREE GU!!
Jadranka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2007, 07:40 PM   #122
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
I'm only weighing in here because I saw my username brought into this discussion, so here's just a quick rundown of my thoughts:

1. I notice that not all, but a lot of the posts here supporting this person basically boils down to: "Yes, he behaves like a troll, but he's not really one elsewhere," or: "Yes, he behaves like a troll, but that's what makes MTF entertaining."

Wait, what? So a person who, by your own admissions, isn't a troll but intentionally stirs up shit on purpose, creates negativity/discord that hampers discussion, and attacks other posters on the board on a personal level deserves leniency because "it makes things interesting" or because they don't act that way elsewhere on the boards? Sorry, but if I knew someone who treated me well but who was treating others in their life very poorly for specious reasons, I wouldn't plead that others be lenient in their judgment of that person simply because I was getting the good end of the bargain.

2. Frankly I think it's a cop-out to have a long track record of saying bigoted things and then to revise history and say: "It's just a joke, obviously." The point is that "obviously" doesn't apply here: This is the internet, not a closed circle of friends. Your friends may know you're joking; the rest of the world does not, and as I'd imagine there are new people joining this board all the time there will always be someone who doesn't realize that bigoted statements about women or gays or certain nationalities are "just jokes." (And while I can't read any minds I highly doubt those who run MTF want that kind of thing to be the first thing tennis fans see when they read the boards.) If even the people who support this person acknowledge that this person says things only to provoke reactions/discord, that is all the more reason to put a stop to the hurtful speech.

3. Regardless of my low opinion of the person in question, if it's true that this person was banned without warning and/or before having a chance to defend himself, then the issue and the punishment should be reevaluated. However, I am not a mod and I do not know if this person was warned or what the full story of the ban was about so I'm not going to sit here and make any judgment calls.

4. Lastly - and this is the real reason I'm in this thread - to whomever it was that felt the need to bring my name into a discussion that should have nothing to do with me:

For anyone who finds my humor tiresome, I'd like to apprise them of a few points: I make it a point to use my humor to make people laugh; not to attack other posters on this board, to piss people off, or to attack tennis players for the most specious of reasons. In fact, the first time I ever made a "blow off the court" comment I did it because several people were ganging up on Scott for petty reasons and I made my comment to defuse things. I don't make racist, homophobic, sexist comments to stir the pot and then cover my tracks by calling them "jokes" (as if them being jokes would make them 100% acceptable).

Don't get me wrong - I'm fine with people not enjoying my humor, as I'm not here to be loved by everyone or agree with everyone. But I think it speaks volumes about the priorities of people who are far more interested in complaining about the harmless stuff I have to say instead of complaining about people who attack others personally, who make bigoted comments, who think it's a badge of honor to behave like a troll, or who think it's cool have phrases like "you cocksucker" and "you fucking queer" in their signatures.

That's it for me in this thread.
wish I could rep you
mir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 PM   #123
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
Lastly - and this is the real reason I'm in this thread - to whomever it was that felt the need to bring my name into a discussion that should have nothing to do with me:

For anyone who finds my humor tiresome, I'd like to apprise them of a few points: I make it a point to use my humor to make people laugh; not to attack other posters on this board, to piss people off, or to attack tennis players for the most specious of reasons. In fact, the first time I ever made a "blow off the court" comment I did it because several people were ganging up on Scott for petty reasons and I made my comment to defuse things. I don't make racist, homophobic, sexist comments to stir the pot and then cover my tracks by calling them "jokes" (as if them being jokes would make them 100% acceptable).

Don't get me wrong - I'm fine with people not enjoying my humor, as I'm not here to be loved by everyone or agree with everyone. But I think it speaks volumes about the priorities of people who are far more interested in complaining about the harmless stuff I have to say instead of complaining about people who attack others personally, who make bigoted comments, who think it's a badge of honor to behave like a troll, or who think it's cool have phrases like "you cocksucker" and "you fucking queer" in their signatures.
I didn't see which post refers to you but I just wanted to say that regardless of whether I agree with you or not, your perceptions of what you are writing and in what spirit you write them may be quite different than how they are received. For instance, you said " I make it a point to use my humor to make people laugh" -- what I mean is, some people may not find it funny, might find the constant sexual connotations tiresome or even repulsive, who knows? Your finding it funny is not the gold standard for everyone to find it funny, I'm sure you realize that.

I am not speaking for myself, btw. I am agnostic on this, but you are not really in a position to speak about how your posts are perceived. Others are in that position. Just as you perceive Glenn's posts in a particular way (words you used included "bigoted"), the intention behind these posts might be quite different from you perceive. Similarly, you speak about people's priorities, judging them based on what they find acceptable and what they don't. Yes, they are possibly different priorities from yours. But that doesn't make them either worse than yours of less than yours. Just different.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 PM   #124
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Federer View Post
J'Torian, if there are some rules about behavior, everyone should follow them.

The difficulty is when different standards are applied to different posters. There is no need for the moderators of the forums to be more explicit than Shotgun's posted rules of behavior. But when you see comments from one poster leading to bans and the similar style of comments from another poster leading to nothing, then it is a pity.

That is the actual underlying theme of this thread. It is not just the naive "We miss Gu" and " We need Gu" that all of us have had some fun with.
This is laughable. Get a grip. He isn't completely gone. He will be around for you needy one to get your time with him. And at the same time GM will get a breath of Fresh Air. All is well.
Quote:
Ruin it? You're hanging too much with the Ducktards' fan club - you're turning into one of them.
Keep it up . False accusations and whining. Face up to the punishment silently because grumbling, accusing, petitions and complaining will only worsen things. A certain Natasc did that and got a perma ban. The starter of this thread might have made your case worse it's only making irritating noise in the ears of Mods who aren't gonna go back on their decision.

I always figured for a guy who was always playing with fire, it was very stupid to get a Premium account because they don't refund you in case of ban. Do your time silently, change your ways and you will be allowed back.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 PM   #125
country flag Naide

Naide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond repute

Go back to your kitchens, fangirls

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 200 forums. A few popular destinations include our General Message/A> forums, our Off-Topic and our Player Forums where like-minded fans get together!
Naide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:11 PM   #126
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
I always figured for a guy who was always playing with fire, it was very stupid to get a Premium account because they don't refund you in case of ban. Do your time silently, change your ways and you will be allowed back.
If I didn't know better I would say you sound like a mod!

Now THAT is laughable
Old 10-31-2007, 08:21 PM   #127
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

Quote:
If I didn't know better I would say you sound like a mod!

Now THAT is laughable
It's not about behaving like a mod. It's about having sense and realising that rules are there for a reason. Nobody is above the law here (The Mods and Admin) no matter how popular you might be. It's more like advice since more complaining on his behalf by the naďve in this thread will only make things worse for him.
Quote:
Quote:
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 PM   #128
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

J'Torian,

I can't goodrep you but...brilliant post!

Quote:
I'd like to apprise them of a few points: I make it a point to use my humor to make people laugh; not to attack other posters on this board, to piss people off, or to attack tennis players for the most specious of reasons.
Exactly. If only more people had the same idea of humor.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 PM   #129
country flag R.Federer

Quote:
It's not about behaving like a mod. It's about having sense and realising that rules are there for a reason. Nobody is above the law here (The Mods and Admin) no matter how popular you might be. It's more like advice since more complaining on his behalf by the naďve in this thread will only make things worse for him.
I think if you read the thread you'll see that many are unsure what exactly the rules are. A poster making incendiary remarks about Muslims on the Dubai thread (I pdfed it, so I know) did not result in a ban. So I guess the enforcement of Shotgun's rules are unclear.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:14 PM   #130
country flag Black Adam

Cool Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

Quote:
I think if you read the thread you'll see that many are unsure what exactly the rules are. A poster making incendiary remarks about Muslims on the Dubai thread (I pdfed it, so I know) did not result in a ban. So I guess the enforcement of Shotgun's rules are unclear.

Category 1
Mtw spouts regarding Americans and Muslims from time ti time- No Ban
RFK trolls heavily from time to time- No Ban
Joggy can be out of order from time to Time- No Ban
Scotso could be bad News at certain times- No Ban
Jerry Seinfeld can be a pain when he is in bashing Roddick plus his fans mode- No Ban
Ivan Ljubicic can also be out of order when it involves either Roddick or "doping Argies" Also very racist when it involves Black players- No Ban

Category 2
Jocaputs
was very violent and insulting to Safin Rules n.1 and me even after warnings- Perma ban
I Suggested Burrows kill himself and got - 3 months Ban
It's.Like.That suggested a poster kill himself- 6 months ban
Dimonator suggested GlennMirnyi kill himself and picked fights with anyone who rose to the bait- 3 months ban.
Natasc- Argued with mods and fought them using multiple accounts.- Perma Ban.
Escude- Became very powerful that the Mods decided they had to reduce his power by giving him a break.- 6 Month ban.

Category 3

GlennMirnyi trolled heavily non stop for the past 1 and half years and finally got a 6 months ban from GM were he was very active.

The guys in Category1 get away with it because they aren't always behaving that way. They have good reasonable days and aren't consistent pain in the backside. The way I see it, you can get away with a bit of racism, sexism, homophobia and trolling unless you take it to a level where it's no longer acceptable. Unless they become consistent in their trolling or get excessive they will always be safe as they Troll in Moderation.

The guys in Category 2 are beyond what is acceptable and deserve the punishments they received. These guys broke the main rules that say Personal insults won't be accepted especially when you ignore warnings or suggest that must one commit suicide. Also fighting with Mods is punishable by some kind of ban as they represent the authority around here. It was necessary for the sake of this board for these to either take a leave or leave for Good.

Category 3 is for special cases. GlennMirnyi normally would be safely in category 1 but because he didn't take a break and was like a broken tape repeating the same trolling over and over, non stop, they gave him 6 Month break as he wasn't trolling in Moderation.

Now this is the way things seem to work around here for me. Might as well make them official rules as Category 1 guys do their act in moderation and really do get away with it (aka RFK and the Sondraj fiasco)
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2007, 09:51 PM   #131
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam
Escude- Became very powerful that the Mods decided they had to reduce his power by giving him a break.- 6 Month ban.
wow

really ?

i always knew there was something Fishy about my 6 month sentance.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:57 PM   #132
country flag Black Adam

Thumbs down Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
wow

really ?

i always knew there was something Fishy about my 6 month sentance.
Stop playing the guy in awe. We all know what happened.

The mods will always feel threatened by your popularity. Remember that popularity + loads of v cash = power
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2007, 10:01 PM   #133
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stop playing the guy in awe. We all know what happened.

The mods will always feel threatened by your popularity. Remember that popularity + loads of v cash = power
So that's why he got banned.... Could buy all the girls...
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 PM   #134
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine2 View Post
So that's why he got banned.... Could buy all the girls...
And some guys too

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:05 PM   #135
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

You might well be right Black Adam...
and i want them to make me a Mod - fat chance

Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote