Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages) - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-31-2007, 04:07 AM   #91
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

I never said Ducktards in general, you know it.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2007, 04:17 AM   #92
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

I'm not going to go round and round with you. I've said my piece.

Please don't get banned.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:23 AM   #93
country flag MCL

MCL has a reputation beyond reputeMCL has a reputation beyond reputeMCL has a reputation beyond reputeMCL has a reputation beyond reputeMCL has a reputation beyond reputeMCL has a reputation beyond reputeMCL has a reputation beyond reputeMCL has a reputation beyond reputeMCL has a reputation beyond reputeMCL has a reputation beyond reputeMCL has a reputation beyond repute

I support the poster GlennMirnyi in this matter given the information available thus far.

Please end or shorten his six month ban from GM.

He appears to have done no more than his usual trolling. That does not warrant such a prolonged ban from GM. If so, many others should be banned as well.

Given that a) he receives a chance to defend himself and b) he is given clear, explicit directions for behaving, I am fairly confident that things will improve.

(I had written a much longer support post but my login timed out and I lost it )

Last edited by MCL : 10-31-2007 at 07:12 AM.
MCL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:27 AM   #94
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Gu can count on my full support and I want him back on GM!!

Ok, he trolls sometimes but he never went over the edge and it never was meant to really hurt someone. Aren't we supposed to be grown ups here instead of a bunch of fighting kids and isn't this forum meant to be fun? So nothing wrong with a bit of sarcasm now and then .
If Gu has to get banned I really don't understand why some others, who are MUCH worse, can stay....

He's been banned from GM long enough now, so PLEASE let him come back. We need him there!
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:45 AM   #95
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
I said before that I don't want you to be permanently banned. Please, behave, man up and accept responsibility for the mistakes you made, and move on. Please.
Fee ... .. you're allowing RFK coins like man up to become everyday lingo here.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:15 AM   #96
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

Gu has my full support- count me in!

GM needs a character like Gu to keep things interesting and on more than one occassion put some idiots in their place (albeit he does smetimes overdo it a little).

As the old saying goes "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". As far as I am aware the 'ignore' function still works perfectly fine and if there are some posters who truly cannot stand to read Gu's posts they should use that function.

As many have mentioned before, how come Gu has been given such a harsh penalty while other posters who do much worse things get away with it? A poster like R=FK for example not only continually insults other posters calling them names but also created a double account which is clearly against the rules. What does he get? A slap on the wrist. There is a certain degree of double standards here. (mind you, I also enjoy having a poster like R=FK around which adds another dimension to GM)

Finally, if in fact Gu did not do anything out of the ordinary compared to what he usually does and he did not get warned for it, then the ban itself makes no sense not to mention the severity of it. If his persona was so troubling for so long and he would have gotten repeated warnings and yet continued with his old ways thus resulting in the ban that is 100% ok. But if this was not the case (I am being careful here because I don't know what instigated the ban to begin with) then it doesn't seem right in my eyes to conduct a witch hunt.

OK, end of my rant. Gu, Nathi, if there is anything else that can be done that you need from me I'm with you.
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:22 AM   #97
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

1. I find Glenn easy to ignore due to his repetitive nature but that ignore function doesn't always work since quite a few posters love to quote him so you end up reading his endless one-liners anyway if you want to read what other posters have to say in a thread.

2. Martine2 says: "We need him there!"
Why? What's the added value for you, Martine? Honestly, the huge reaction baffles me.
I think that he's quite harmless most of the time but to say "we need him there"?
A forum needs a wide variety of posters and a nice % of "characters" but why exactly does GM need a repetitive, non-creative poster? I mean, if you're going to troll, the only way to make it fun(ny) is to be creative. Prima Donna was a good example of that (most of the time anyway).
What does Glenn himself get out of his one-liners? He loves the attention it gets him? If so, he must be loving all this.
The only explanation I can come up with is that some people in here love to see other posters trying to have a conversation with him (which is pointless in GM). It's like somebody else said elsewhere about the issue. It's like that tv show big brother: a show like that needs tools to make that show work (I know that his fans say that he's a smart guy but he doesn't show it in GM).
Heck, the thread starter hardly ever posts in GM. She still gets to talk to Glenn outside GM so what is she missing exactly?

The only real issue here is consistency in moderating but it's hard to have a fair opinion on it if you don't know exactly what triggered it. I know that Glenn has received a temporary ban before so perhaps this serves as a warning. Other than that: did he get PMs with an explanation? I think so since I've seen it being mentioned. I think that he received a PM from at least 2 moderators.
Does a moderator have to contact everybody whose behaviour on MTF is getting him close to a ban, esp. when that poster has been banned before so he should get the idea where to draw the line?
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:54 AM   #98
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post

Why? What's the added value for you, Martine? Honestly, the huge reaction baffles me.
I think that he's quite harmless most of the time but to say "we need him there"?
Well what I said is MY opinion and I happen to like the guy.
I agree that sometimes he exaggerates, but he brings some life in the threads and you have to take his posts with “a grain of salt”.
He often attacks my fav players too, but it never has irritated me (something I cannot say from other posters who are really humiliating and never get a warning, let go a ban…).

Quote:
Heck, the thread starter hardly ever posts in GM. She still gets to talk to Glenn outside GM so what is she missing exactly?
It’s not because someone hardly posts there that they don’t READ.
And I’m talking to Gu outside MTF too (yes, he is smart & nice…), but I’d also like to have him back here.

Quote:
The only real issue here is consistency in moderating but it's hard to have a fair opinion on it if you don't know exactly what triggered it. I know that Glenn has received a temporary ban before so perhaps this serves as a warning. Other than that: did he get PMs with an explanation? I think so since I've seen it being mentioned. I think that he received a PM from at least 2 moderators.
Does a moderator have to contact everybody whose behaviour on MTF is getting him close to a ban, esp. when that poster has been banned before so he should get the idea where to draw the line?
I don’t want to judge the competence of the Mods at all (respect the work they are doing), but yes I do think Gu is being treated unfair if you compare his behavior to that of some other posters.
His posts hadn’t changed to what he was doing before, but I’m afraid this time his only fault was he “stepped on the wrong toes”.

And yes, I do think there should be at least a formal warning before actually banning somebody.
Also the extent of the punishment (6 months!) isn’t realistic. He’s been out of GM for almost 2 weeks now, so why not see this as a warning to him and give him another chance.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #99
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine2 View Post
Well what I said is MY opinion and I happen to like the guy.
I didn't claim otherwise, did I? It's quite obvious that it's your opinion, Martine. It may surprise you but I wasn't under the impression that you are acting as the spokesperson for the pope on MTF.
It's also obvious that you like the guy and you're sticking up for your friend. I don't talk to him at all and I have mainly seen his posts in GM so it's nice to find out that he's only a tool inside GM.

For me, it's not about the fact that Glenn attacks players I like. Mikey does that and I like (most of) his posts. Prima Donna used to do that and I found his trolling attempts amusing. I guess that it's a matter of opinion, indeed.

However, all those who defend him by saying that he's a great guy outside GM: what does this have to do with his behaviour inside it? Nothing at all.

Quote:
I do think there should be at least a formal warning before actually banning somebody.
It's up to the moderators and the admin to decide upon this but perhaps his previous ban (two weeks?) acts as a formal warning. He should know by now where to draw the line.
I don't know about warnings given to other posters. I don't really follow this sort of thing. Every story has two sides and for now, I'm only reading one side.

The only real issue here is consistency in moderating and I do agree with what some others have said about it.
I have no problems with strict rules and I don't think that moderators need to explain their every move on this message board but it's got to be one set of rules for all, regardless if the posters involved are close friends to the moderators or not (although I can imagine that it's not always easy to be consistent all the time with so much traffic on MTF)

Last edited by Castafiore : 10-31-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:11 PM   #100
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
I didn't claim otherwise, did I? It's quite obvious that it's your opinion, Martine. It may surprise you but I wasn't under the impression that you are acting as the spokesperson for the pope on MTF.)
No but you were "baffled by my huge reaction" so I only stated that it was my personal opinion and I have the right to express that.

Quote:
I don't talk to him at all and I have mainly seen his posts in GM so it's nice to find out that he's only a tool inside GM.)
Well, it used to be the same with me and I'm glad I judged him wrong in the beginning

Quote:
For me, it's not about the fact that Glenn attacks players I like. Mikey does that and I like (most of) his posts. Prima Donna used to do that and I found his trolling attempts amusing. I guess that it's a matter of opinion, indeed.)
Mikey has been banned too. He was when I registered here, so I only know him for a short time, but I'd defend him just the same (guess I have a weak spot for controversial persons )

Quote:
However, all those who defend him by saying that he's a great guy outside GM: what does this have to do with his behaviour inside it? Nothing at all. )

Agree
Old 10-31-2007, 12:24 PM   #101
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine2 View Post
No but you were "baffled by my huge reaction" and I have the right to express that.
I'm mostly a bit stunned by the general reaction, not just yours.

"I have the right to express that."
I didn't say otherwise either. You express your opinion, I'm trying to understand where you are coming from. People express an opinion, others question that opinion or they agree with it, a conversation starts...that's the way it works on a message board, right? Just because a person asks why she has that opinion, doesn't have to imply that this opinion isn't valid.

Last edited by Castafiore : 10-31-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:27 PM   #102
country flag Byrd

Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond repute

I'm totally behind you on this matter Glenn, and if you need anymore help relating to this situation, just give me a shout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhaych View Post
Nadal is more conservative than Margaret Thatcher.
^^QFT

"I asked a bloke in the front row if he liked the serve-and-volley stuff," said Rafter. "He said he did but asked if he was going to get to see any rallies. 'Not today, mate,' I told him."-Pat Rafter silencing the Nadull fanboys
Byrd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #103
country flag Naide

Naide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokart View Post
I support the petition to let Gu be free too

Why can't the people that can't stand him just ignore his comments in GM? It can't be that difficult
Because people have the right to express their opinions about players without being insulted.
Because supporting a certain player doesn't make you an idiot.
Because not agreeing with him means knowing nothing about tennis.
Because of his obessive need to be right about everything.
Because of his repetitive attacks about nationalities
Because he attacks newbies when he doesn't even know since when they started following tennis.
Because saying "go to the kitchen" and pretending this is humor is simply not funny.

...i could go on forever...

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 200 forums. A few popular destinations include our General Message/A> forums, our Off-Topic and our Player Forums where like-minded fans get together!
Naide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #104
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A forum needs a wide variety of posters and a nice % of "characters" but why exactly does GM need a repetitive, non-creative poster? I mean, if you're going to troll, the only way to make it fun(ny) is to be creative.
You're stating these like they are facts, they aren't. These are merely your opinions. Many posters find GM to be creative.

Quote:
I find Glenn easy to ignore due to his repetitive nature but that ignore function doesn't always work since quite a few posters love to quote him so you end up reading his endless one-liners anyway if you want to read what other posters have to say in a thread.
This is true about ignore functions for anyone, so this is irrelevant to GM's suspension.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #105
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. I find Glenn easy to ignore due to his repetitive nature but that ignore function doesn't always work since quite a few posters love to quote him so you end up reading his endless one-liners anyway if you want to read what other posters have to say in a thread.

A forum needs a wide variety of posters and a nice % of "characters" but why exactly does GM need a repetitive, non-creative poster? I mean, if you're going to troll, the only way to make it fun(ny) is to be creative. Prima Donna was a good example of that (most of the time anyway).
What does Glenn himself get out of his one-liners? He loves the attention it gets him? If so, he must be loving all this.
The only explanation I can come up with is that some people in here love to see other posters trying to have a conversation with him (which is pointless in GM). It's like somebody else said elsewhere about the issue. It's like that tv show big brother: a show like that needs tools to make that show work (I know that his fans say that he's a smart guy but he doesn't show it in GM).

You write a lot but I doubt you can read decently.
Nobody ever posted I received PMs before the ban because I didn't.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote