Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #61
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

The thing about Gu is just that he has 2 sides.

The rational, cool, intelligent, guy who is very knowledgable about tennis and can construct his arguments in a rational way and have conversations with,

and of course, the mean spirited, racist, sexist, demoralizing jackass we all see in GM, who constantly is insulting people and using the fanboy and other repetetive one liners over and over.

He has the capability of being a great poster on here and sharing his views intelligently as a great human being. I've seen it manifest itself. Why he continues to choose the path of assclown is beyond me. Why a guy that smart constantly tries to be stupid, it really makes no sense.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #62
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

Just two points that must be clarified:
1- I got no warning. That's not a rumour, that's a fact.
2- I'm not racist or sexist. Those are awful accusations.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:36 PM   #63
country flag Byrd

Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit Glenn can ruffle a couple of feathers, but this seriously doesn't justify a guy who contributes alot to the forum being banned for 6 months, if you put aside all the stuff in the GM you can see how he puts in alot of insightful and meaningful discussions in the other sub-forums, and elaborates on many intelligent planes, yet this is overlooked in relation to his so called 'bad' demeanours. If glenn gets banned, then why isn't someone like RFK getting the same consequences as well?, he clearly incites hate and calls specific fangroups derogatory terms, yet is able to get away with it, however such personas are seen as jokers by me personally and by so many other people as well, who usually just brush it off and ignore it and find it funny, which Glenn comes under. Do you mods seriously think a guy who loves Tennis so much would want to stick his neck out so far that the following situation would occur, I'm 100% sure he wouldn't,which makes this thread and discussion quite frustrating to read, as this shouldn't even be happening.I'm also inclined to say that the fact Gu got no warning before being banned is quite appalling as there was no attempt to even deter what you deemed as 'bad' from occuring if you at least messaged him beforehand, the fact it was a straight ban is quite shocking, and isn't the right system when dealing with these kind of situations. I just hope you guys do the best for the forum, and keep one of the best and most recognised posters unbanned so his qualities can stayed appreciated to present posters of the forum, and new individuals to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhaych View Post
Nadal is more conservative than Margaret Thatcher.
^^QFT

"I asked a bloke in the front row if he liked the serve-and-volley stuff," said Rafter. "He said he did but asked if he was going to get to see any rallies. 'Not today, mate,' I told him."-Pat Rafter silencing the Nadull fanboys

Last edited by Byrd : 10-31-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Byrd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 PM   #64
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
I just hope you guys do the best for the forum, and keep one of the best and most recognised posters unbanned so his qualities can stayed appreciated to posters of the forum, and other generations to come.

QUOTE OF THE YEAR IN THE THREAD OF THE YEAR
Deivid23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:43 PM   #65
country flag Byrd

Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid23 View Post

Trying to derail a thread troll?, go back your cave dickwad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhaych View Post
Nadal is more conservative than Margaret Thatcher.
^^QFT

"I asked a bloke in the front row if he liked the serve-and-volley stuff," said Rafter. "He said he did but asked if he was going to get to see any rallies. 'Not today, mate,' I told him."-Pat Rafter silencing the Nadull fanboys
Byrd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #66
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid23 View Post

Thread of the year, wasn't that Rafael Nadal is Number #1 in the ATP race?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:08 AM   #67
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

I bet if our fellow Spaniard poster got banned not even his mom would ask him back.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:23 AM   #68
country flag JBdV

JBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
and of course, the mean spirited, racist, sexist, demoralizing jackass we all see in GM, who constantly is insulting people and using the fanboy and other repetetive one liners over and over.
I'm not sure what you're referring to there but if you're calling him a racist because of a few jokey remarks he's made, then you could be called that too because of some sweeping, generalizing comments you made about France and the French. And many other posters on GM too. If I were to complain about all posts like that I saw from you and many other posters (I wouldn't because I have a sense of humour and they don't offend me), does anyone really think those posters would be banned? Seems like there's a lack of consistency there.
When you think about what a poster like R=FK has got away with, praising Hitler, being an apologist for ****, etc. not to mention being caught with a double account, there really is a lack of consistency.
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Tennis Tipping 2009 Results:
Singles: Cherbourg CH W
Doubles: ...
JBdV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:13 AM   #69
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBdV View Post
When you think about what a poster like R=FK has got away with, praising Hitler, being an apologist for ****, etc. not to mention being caught with a double account, there really is a lack of consistency.
In the thread on banned posters, there is indeed one poster who has been banned permanently (not sure how that is accomplished, but anyway) because of creating double accounts. RFK gets away with a lot. I guess it would be nice to have a uniform set of standards, and for those to be applied uniformly to all posters.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:18 AM   #70
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Gu is an excellent poster, I want him back, even if he makes fun of my sometimes for cheering for Robredo
Old 10-31-2007, 01:32 AM   #71
country flag fmolinari2005

fmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Bad decision. Specially not giving a warning previously and giving an extreme penalty. And moderators should be accountable too btw ... and if they dont listen to the other posters and dont explain themselves, something is wrong with the system.

Gustavo is a very smart kid. It is obvious (for anyone with two neurons) that GlennMirnyi is just a "telling as he sees it" persona that Gustavo built. And, most of the time his comments are tongue-in-cheek/ not to be taken literally. I would take his "rude" remarks anytime over the "awww ... puppies are cute, why you hate each other, that player has pretty legs" comments. Or over those pretentious comments from guys that like to gloat about their "knowledge".

Gustavo: It seems that a lot of the fanboys/ fangirls got mad though...I blame Brittney Spears for being on a slump.

COME ON MURRAY!
Andy Murray: USO champion! Roger Federer: LEGEND!

2012: A reminder to all of those who said Murray would never win a GS and that Federer was done winning GS titles!
fmolinari2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:44 AM   #72
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeegee!. View Post
Glenn is a tool, but he is not a bigger tool than i am
that is correct, who would be a bigger tool than you.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:45 AM   #73
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Just two points that must be clarified:
1- I got no warning. That's not a rumour, that's a fact.
2- I'm not racist or sexist. Those are awful accusations.
do you get warn when you kill somebody, i think not.

this is a private forum they dont need to warn anybody.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:59 AM   #74
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360Live View Post
do you get warn when you kill somebody, i think not.

this is a private forum they dont need to warn anybody.
Don't be so oversensitive, nobody killed people here.

A private forum I support, mind you.

I just posted to clear some rumours, not to defend a point.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:10 AM   #75
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I think your previous ban may count as your warning.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote