Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #16
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
GlennMirnyi simply doesn't need a six month ban from GM. There are several reasons for this and here are just a few:

1 - From what I understand the offence was petty and nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaos he was warned and I'd like to assume he was but even so, a jump from a warning to a SIX month ban is out of order
2 - Glenn is an intelligent guy even though he enjoys trolling, this length of ban is stupid and makes no sense, if he is going to change then a few weeks of ban should do the job, if his new behaviour isn't 'acceptable' do whatever you want.
3 - There is far greater support for GM to stay in GM than to get rid of him, just because a few people can stand the heat doesn't mean a guy should get banned, there is an ignore function, if you don't want to read his posts then don't.
That's the point, isn't it - people need to take responsibility for themselves and not act like they have the right to demand that nobody disagree with them or offend them in any way. If you don't like a poster or what he says then put him on ignore, or just put up with it. Nobody has the right to expect other people never to offend them, life isn't like that. You need to be able to handle disagreement and argument like adults. Far too many people can't handle an honest argument without taking it personally that someone doesn't agree with them.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 04:20 PM   #17
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
Sorry about getting off topic but I couldn't agree more about the 'Perv Squad' thing. It is seriously, seriously weak humour, I wouldn't mind the sexual connotations jokes if they were funny but it's like catchphrase comedy and it got old so long ago. I wish I could put the jokes on ignore without having to ingore the actual interesting posts some of them make.
I know some people don't like it, but that's the point isn't it - putting up with things you don't like is part of being on a board with a diverse membership.

Personally, I find C'MonAussie 2 or 3 "historical comparisons and snap judgements" threads a week, littered with %%***@@@~~~~@!!!@~@***$$, irritate the hell out of me, but you take the stuff you don't like in order to enjoy the bits that you do.

Last edited by scoobs : 10-30-2007 at 04:30 PM.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #18
country flag Naide

Naide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw View Post
It is very sorry. What did he do?
you've been missed
Where's your fellow friend Kapranos?

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 200 forums. A few popular destinations include our General Message/A> forums, our Off-Topic and our Player Forums where like-minded fans get together!
Naide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #19
country flag *Viva Chile*

*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute

why is this not in the suggestions board??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Take that you bitch. In your face. And to top it off her son, Novak went out in the 3rd round, has been leapfrogged by Murray in the rankings and is only a little bit ahead off Juan Martin In yo face, biatch.
*Viva Chile* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #20
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

So Gustavo is silenced and the likes of Jogy can spread their hatred around without even being warned? You got to be talented at modos' balls sucking I guess...
Old 10-30-2007, 04:30 PM   #21
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

signed

and i concur with what was said by most of the previous posters
there are much bigger trolls there left free and also the ignore function is there to be used

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #22
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobsuk View Post
I'd be the first to agree he needs to reel it in a little sometimes but there's plenty of other people who post moronic things and aren't banned for six months as a result, and plenty of people who take exception to his brutal style of posting about some players and treat it like an attack upon themselves, attacking him personally in response. In my book that's their problem not his and he shouldn't be scapegoated for that.
Scoobs said it just the way I feel about this...

Glenn can be a troll at times. A BIG TROLL, indeed.
However, he is not the only one, and there are certain posters around who are far worse (I'm not going to mention names here). Did they ever get banned? No.

I've asked for an explanation at times, and got an answer in the lines of 'if it bothers you, you should report said poster' or something the like. Which is okay with me... but - and I don't know if I'm right about this - I have the feeling that here lies the sore point: some people on this board feel insulted by even the slightest negative remark about their favourites, even taking it as an insult to a whole nation, I've recently seen. Apparently some of those have indeed reported Gu's post, which right they have, with the known consequences. But doesn't this procedure lead to the very injust system that a ban can result because of the childish, over-sensitive nature of certain posters? Ever heard of the saying 'if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen?'

Perhaps some over-sensitive posters should get used to the idea that on every forum, there are trolls - and one doesn't necessarily always have to continue FEEDING them. Perhaps some moderators should have pointed this out to them, too. And how about the suggestion to just LAUGH at Gu's trolling? I don't know - just some thoughts.

Furthermore, Gu isn't just a troll - he knows a lot about TENNIS too, and I'm going to miss those more serious posts he made. We don't always have to agree, but these posts have surely been very valuable to me at times.

In all: I consider a six months ban way, way too long for his misdeamenor. I'm going to miss him.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #23
country flag ycpg

ycpg has a reputation beyond reputeycpg has a reputation beyond reputeycpg has a reputation beyond reputeycpg has a reputation beyond reputeycpg has a reputation beyond reputeycpg has a reputation beyond reputeycpg has a reputation beyond reputeycpg has a reputation beyond reputeycpg has a reputation beyond reputeycpg has a reputation beyond reputeycpg has a reputation beyond repute

Gustavo
Counts with my support, i don´t agree with everthing what you speak.
But I like you and know what you know about tennis.

I hope that the mods reconsider the time.Please
ycpg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #24
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for starting the petition Nathi, I also add my words of support for the reduction of the ban. There is a difference between player forum bans and a ban from GM. Player forums are communities where regular posters have the right to communicate in peace. Intruding there to needle regular posters is not acceptable and bans for posting there is a normal response.

GM is the forum for general information on tennis issues, so I do not understand how violating the rules for posting in GM is different than violating the rules of the forum in general. An offense that requires banning from GM is the same as an offense that requires banning from the forum. Saying in GM that "because of behavior such and such, player X sucks" may hurt the feelings of some fans of player X but is not bannable behavior. Saying "because of behavior such and such, player X sucks and all his fans also suck" may deserve, depending on the context and the circumstances, a ban from the forum but I cannot see how it will deserve a ban from GM but not a ban from the forum.

From Isaac Asimov's "Foundation".
Merton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #25
country flag RickDaStick

RickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond repute

Man has MTF gone downhill lately. Bias Mods, screwing people who paid for premium membership by not providing the service they advertised. This place has turned into a joke. And now banning Gu from Gm just cause a few little fanboys couldnt handle him? There are many many posters in GM who should have been banned a long time ago but werent because they join some of the mods for a circle jerk on their favorite players. The only ban that should take place here is for the Bias mods(not all) who arent doing what they signed up for.Bring back Gu and get rid of the the mods who feel the need to remove a thread or suspend people just because they dont like what is being said about their favorite player and perhaps refund the people who paid for a membership yet recieve nothing due to all the problems with this board and finally VAMOSSS GU. The guy clearly has more tennis knowledge than 98 % of GM who are only their to talk about shirtless players and other fanboyish crap.
RickDaStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #26
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

The six month ban cannot be justified. He does troll sometimes but so do countless others and MTF has the ignore feature precisely for this reason. I support the petition for moderators to remove the ban. His ban has made no perceptible difference to the signal to noise ratio in GM so I fail to understand this harsh punishment.
rofe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #27
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

I support this petition. Gu has watched tennis for years, yes he may get on people's cases but he contributes far more to the forum than some people getting away with murder in there.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:53 PM   #28
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

I support Gu as well.

He just shouldnt be allowed to write "Fakeric" again!

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #29
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I think he's a tool, GM has become kind of boring. MTF thrives on trolls and clowns, if we got rid of all of them this place would be about as exciting as a Federer match is to Mirka.

I have no problem with his ridiculous posts in GM, I mainly object to him slaughtering some of the people he has about this ban with absolutely no substance to the attack.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #30
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naide View Post
you've been missed
Where's your fellow friend Kapranos?

He was not my friend. I do not know him. I don't know. Maybe he hides from Muslims ( it seems that he had terrible, irrational fear of all Muslims ).
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote