Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages) - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:15 AM   #151
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

Stebs, scarecrows, Merton of a few have posted here and you can't find more respected posters than them. I could go on with this list.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #152
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
funny how there are 10 pages of posts supporting Gu (and some very respected posters i mus add) and still no mod has even bothered giving an answer to the numerous questions asked concerning his banning

It might sound weird to you but there´s life outside MTF and people have more important things in their lives than losing their time bc some people are moaning like little kids bc a guy has been banned from a section of a tennis board, tool.
Deivid23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #153
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

sorry Deivid, you're not my type

you're trying hard to get my attention but I dont love you back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #154
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently I have been kicked off from the moderating for having too much of private life, so I assume the ones who stayed are devoted to moderating enough hence they deserve still doing it. Bad explaination.

Yes, the petition was started for some fun, but honestly saying I am surprised it has been on for so long and nobody decided to speak up, not only Gustavo needs to be given reasons of such a harsh ban (nobody has contacted him since the petition has been published and many points brought up), but also the people who posted here are probably owed something. We are a community here, many of us have spent here few years of daily posting. It is apparently going away from what Gu has done, and going to what the mods have done not. It also has nothing to do with a thread started chatting with GlennMirnyi in GM or NT or if she finds his posts funny or not.

I know very well how the bans were given in the past, I remember how many millions of warnings Just Cause had, or Erhnam had. Both were kicked out deservedly but the number of second chances they got was uncountable. Also the progression of temp bans looked very appropriate in both cases. Why such a sudden change of behaviour in GlennMirnyi's cause? Because of "We accepted him for so long, time to just give him a long break, he should have guessed it was going to happen one day"? Bad thinking track if it's the real one.

People who normally argue with him, even in nasty words, came here and apart from posting 2K characters on what a moron Gustavo is, also mentioned how bad the situation has been handled and the ban is too harsh.

This is very subjective if he is or is not the biggest troll around, he has violated the rules several times and deserves a punishment, hardly anyone questions it even if finds his activity colourful for GM. We question the LENGHT of it, regarding the fact Gu has already understood the fact his sense of humour stopped being tolerated and he needs to change. And check how he has replied in this thread to the ones who have hydeparked him. I haven't seen anything insulting, just light self-defence.

He isn't one of those who count the days to come back just to "show 'em all" and be "the troll of the century" like some of the ones on a perm ban right now. He isn't startring second accounts. He doesn't go around and calls the mods names. Only he is upset that with having so much support of our thesis, nobody from "above" bothers.

This is human to make mistakes also on judging the situation. This is why in democratic countries we have the institution of appeal. This is our appeal from the sentence, and I know that the mod council wants to believe this place is a democracy, therefore Gu, myself, and a lot of MTF posters (check the number of views of this thread) would be very glad to know the final decision and the reasoning.

Also please keep in mind it has been on for many days, and no nasty fight has aroused in here, it isn't typical for this forum, is it?

Thank you very much,
Nathaliia

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #155
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if people checked this:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/announcement.php?f=2

Quote:
(...)
Posting:

(...)
7. In the interest of public disclosure, the procedures for warning and banning posters are as follows:
Step 1. Written warning via PM
Step 2. Suspension (temporary ban) and another message from an administrator or Super Moderator explaining the infraction and reason for suspension. The length of the temporary ban is at the discretion of the Super Moderators and admins depending on the particular situation, and is not a decision taken lightly.
Step 3. Permanent ban.
Note: Depending on the severity, the staff of MTF can make the decision to "express ban" at any time. If someone you know has been banned and you are curious as to why, please review these rules or visit

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...33#post4508933

A lot of discussion is taken prior to a ban therefore if someone has been banned it will not be overruled and any complaints should be taken up by the bannee or VIA PM. Do not start a thread.
(...)
Old 11-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #156
country flag Shabazza

Shabazza has a reputation beyond reputeShabazza has a reputation beyond reputeShabazza has a reputation beyond reputeShabazza has a reputation beyond reputeShabazza has a reputation beyond reputeShabazza has a reputation beyond reputeShabazza has a reputation beyond reputeShabazza has a reputation beyond reputeShabazza has a reputation beyond reputeShabazza has a reputation beyond reputeShabazza has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, there won't be any reaction or justification from the mods and admins beyond the statement already given in the ban-thread.

Still, this thread does have it's purpose for raising some questions about the rules and their "selective" use on different members. This ban was handled bad, but once the ban is decided the admis won't go back on their decision (legitimate or not). Nathalie, I think this thread and it's message won't go unnoticed by the mods and admins, but don't expect any response from them, you should know better.

Personally, I don't care about Glenn and his ban. He knew he was walking on thin ice the whole time and just had it coming for him sooner or later. I think he's smart enough to learn from this ban. Sometimes "less" is better than "more".
wipe away your sorrow with no traces."

All the best to the members of the FedererExpress
Shabazza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #157
country flag virex

virex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond repute

free gu!
just wanted to make the list longer!
*belgium is ecstatic with a new gs finalist
*in doubles, but hey
Milan says:
they just like big dicks
gustavo says:
who doesnt?
Gabrielle says:
dick
virex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:44 AM   #158
country flag HarryMan

HarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabazza View Post
Personally, I don't care about Glenn and his ban. He knew he was walking on thin ice the whole time and just had it coming for him sooner or later. I think he's smart enough to learn from this ban. Sometimes "less" is better than "more".
Very true
HarryMan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:15 PM   #159
country flag trixtah

trixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond repute

Glenn isn't that much of a dumb ass, though he plays one on the forums, and while he deserved a "stern talking to," 6 months from GM for a paying member is a bit much. A warning and a short term ban would have sufficed, a longer ban pending if such behavior continued. In all seriousness with the antics and asshattery of GM aside, all that he needed to be told was to stop the offensive posts, trolling, and causing threads to go off topic with accusatory remarks. He's not that dimwitted that he wouldn't learn from this ban whereas some of our other more "uninformed" members would repeat the same mistake, warranting a permanent ban.

Bet you didn't expect to see me here
trixtah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:01 AM   #160
country flag trixtah

trixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so I got some "traitor" comments and a thumbs up comments. Let me elaborate.

Like I said, he doesn't deserve the six months but I do agree with a temporary ban--it's daunting for new members to join and post when every thread they open is in the process of an all out flame war, many times initiated by the same members. This is an open community with the purpose of growth, welcoming (not flaming) new members, and discussing tennis. Once people start assuming the "asshole" role 24/7 just because they've been a part of a community for a long time, it's time to be sent to the corner for a time out. Just my thoughts. I liken this to one of my teachers going to prison for 12 years for consensual sex with a student A lesser punishment followed by a ban if it continues.
trixtah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #161
country flag Byrd

Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond repute

Someone thinks its funny to delete my posts because I actually had a valid point, what a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhaych View Post
Nadal is more conservative than Margaret Thatcher.
^^QFT

"I asked a bloke in the front row if he liked the serve-and-volley stuff," said Rafter. "He said he did but asked if he was going to get to see any rallies. 'Not today, mate,' I told him."-Pat Rafter silencing the Nadull fanboys
Byrd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #162
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
Someone thinks its funny to delete my posts because I actually had a valid point, what a joke.
Well, you can't accuse me or Gu of this one at least

Old 11-22-2007, 03:15 PM   #163
country flag Nathaliia

News on the case, Gustavo still is banned with no reducing with the official reason "insulting the nation" while RFK came back after 2 days in glory allowed to post everywhere after his (leaving alone the double account issue and long term trolling) remarks on Israel/Palestine conflict, easily nation-insulting.

I am myself a big fan of talking to people and giving them chances, I find it cool that RFK apologized in a newly made thread, but I guess you follow the main drift of my post.

Old 11-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #164
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

R=FK is back already? :retard:

GlennMirnyi does indeed seem to have been harshly punished. Having said that, I'm not missing his posts in GM.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:08 AM   #165
country flag Nathaliia

I have to take some words back, been just informed it was an unfortunate case that RFK temporarily escaped from the whip of justice, he got caught and imprisoned again.

Cheers.