Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

In the name of many who have posted in my thread about "let GlennMirnyi post in GM again", I kindly ask for not closing this thread for few days. Let this place be a "vox populi" about his situation. I am GlennMirnyi's lawyer and the representant of MTF Amnesty.

Have you ever seen at the street a mother who out of the sudden hits a baby crying for a candy, and shouting with undeserved anger "You won't be getting any candies until you grow up and get smart"? Us, the passers-by, might know nothing about the situation. The mother must be probably very tired bringing up a naughty baby, though nothing ever excuses the big overreactions. The upgrowing annoyance upon someone's activity, whether it's a crying child or trolling GlennMirnyi leads often to actions that have no big sense for an objective observer.

Gustavo, aged 21, has been lately banned from MTF for 2 days and from General Messages for half a year while doing his routine troll check-up. On questions "Why was he banned?" us, his friends, were answering: "For doing the same as always". The following questions couldn't have been any different to: "Why him and not 80% of other GM users together with him?" and "Why for so long?".

As a former moderator, I cannot imagine a situation that has happened, such as banning a Premium Member from a certain forum section WITHOUT A WARNING, and replying to his PM, according to his report, lasted for 7 days. GlennMirnyi is undoubtfully one of the easiest recognizable MTF posters, therefore his sudden disappearance causes a lot of controversies, and especially requires the quick actions. Recalling the fact he has been banned 1,5 years ago for a week means nothing therefore not needing the warning makes no sense at all. There has been made an agreement on amnesty before the big widening the moderator team. We were about to work with the new rules - old bans don't count, 2 warnings and a ban, 3 timebans and a permban. At sudden situations, bans were allowed with no warning, for example telling another person to kill him/herself, I would also count into that the 2 day lasting ban for my client just to calm the general situation.

Gu isn't one of the illiterates or he isn't boarderlining hebephrenia like some of the people we have been dealing with in the past, it took me two minutes to tell him that this meant the end of accepting his controversial posts and that he had to change when he was back. He replied he understood everything, end of fun this way, time to change the style of posting for the sake of not playing with fire. Two minutes, that was it. No need of a six months ban, especially without letting him know before and defending himself.

As for the details of GlennMirnyi's behaviour, we don't say it was accurate with the rules that everybody has to accept joining forums. But the practise showed, it was accepted for a long time by the community, and some "jokes" addressed at some posters, despite their answers, were fitting into a convention that GlennMirnyi and spoken posters have silently agreed on (we can compare it to some insults between people during ACC that both sides find funny). Surely, not everybody had to enjoy having own post quoted and being called a dumb fanboy (even despite being a dumb fanboy for real) so the general idea of temporary suspension is understood. The lenght of it - is not understood. I suggest shortening it to one month or till the new season.

Feel free to leave the words of support for Gustavo.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
country flag GonzoFed

GonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

Gu counts with my full support. He doesn't suffer fools very easily, that's his problem. Sure, he can be a little trollish sometimes, and be too harsh with some fanboys or fangirls, or just people who disagrees with him, but in a bad manner, because if you disagree with him but you show him your arguments in a reasonable and coherent way, he will engage in a debate without recurring to insults. Finally, if the MTF supermods thinks Gustavo deserves to be banned for the reasons exposed above, fine, but in that case (and this is why i consider to be this an extremely unfair banning) there are many MTF posters in GM who deserves to be banned much more than he is, and they keep spewing his/her bullshit without anyone taking strong action against them.
GonzoFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition supporting GlennMirnyi (banned for 6 months from General Messages)

The only thing that makes sense in this petition is the right for said poster to be given the chance to defend him/herself and in return be given a period to change his bad ways.I also support the fact that there should be warnings before banning a poster. I will support that motion.

The rest is totally irrelevant as this poster has had it coming to him for quite some time now and continued to ignore signs of trouble nevertheless. Having a vision of the game is one thing but trying to shove it down everybody's throats and bash those who refuse to swallow truly deserves some disciplinary procedure. Great to see that the mods can actually see the light. It's simply for the better good.

Words of support
: Enjoy your free time wanker. Too bad you won't be in GM when Nadal become Number 1 early next year but there will be other quality trolls to fill up for you
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."

Last edited by Black Adam : 10-30-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know the exact words (Americans may help here) but as their Constitution guy said--- I hate everything you say, but I'd give my life for you having right to say it!

I hate almost everything Gustavo says, there is no single ATP player we both like or dislike, not to mention Maria Sharapova (he breaks my heart after each match Masha loses). And I really disapprove of his manner of posting.

But.... it's true he did not do anything what many other posters do from time to time. So, such a long banning could be understood not as punishment for the tone of posting but punishment for openess. And that is not only wrong but also dangerous. Gustavo's posts, I think, merely aimed to add flavour to MTF in general and GM in particular. So, 2 days of banning from MTF and one month of banning from GM is a more adequate reaction to Gustavo's mmmh... arrogance.

I support this petition and hope the management will reconsider the length of the banning time.
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

This is an absolute fucking joke, give him his money back.

Mods you are pathetic

Just because he keeps the absolute morons of this forum inline means he should be banned for half a year? give me a break and this without warning? come on.

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
country flag danton

danton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know whether he deserved 6 months it does seem like a long time. However just lately I have gone into GM threads to find he has trolled them to death. Page after page of insults and slagging off of playings and other posters that the point of the thread is lost. Yes other people shouldn't rise to the bait but with Glenn it's not just one troll post per thread it goes on for pages and when people do ignore him and try and return to topic he just increases the level of trolling.

This was my observation on approx 6 threads over the last month. It got to the point where I went to a thread on the last page it had numerous posts by him and I didn't even bother reading.

As I said six months seems like a long time and i don't know if he had a warning from the moderators but plenty of GM posters let him know his posts were not ok.
danton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

GlennMirnyi and I have clashed in the past, sometimes heatedly, so we are hardly what you would call the best of friends.

Yet I consider this ban to be unjust, unnecessarily harsh, and the whole situation has been handled poorly from the start.

I do not believe this ban is necessary at this time and I think it should be reversed, on the understanding that any future trouble will see it reinstated.

I'd be the first to agree he needs to reel it in a little sometimes but there's plenty of other people who post moronic things and aren't banned for six months as a result, and plenty of people who take exception to his brutal style of posting about some players and treat it like an attack upon themselves, attacking him personally in response. In my book that's their problem not his and he shouldn't be scapegoated for that.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #8
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I will add my vote to the petition. I never agree with anything he says, and he is certainly at times offensive, but no more so than many others. Six months is far too long. A shorter ban and a stern warning to behave should be enough.

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:12 PM   #9
country flag Rogiman

Rogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond repute

I support Gustavo.

One may or may not identify with his posts but in the end it's all pretty harmless, and if he's viewed as a controversial poster then even better - these boards would be rather boring were ass kissers like the bunch of idiots who find J'torian's humor (giving tennis matches sexual connotations) funny.

It's not very democratic either.
It's a sport after all and while it is very important for the players, the only reason they make money (and I mean tennis as a whole) it's because it's entertainment for us, the fans. So if we're watching, I rather watch something that pleases the eye, who gives a shit if a BOSS hotass model takes 5 more seconds in geting the ball to the player in Madrid? I'd rather wait those extra 5 seconds seeing those boobies bounce than watching some fatass kid burn away his bigmac meal.

I don't know, call me old fashioned but I like women
Rogiman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:12 PM   #10
country flag *Viva Chile*

*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute

Count with my support to Gu in this For sure I sometimes really disagree with his thoughts, but if we're talking about trolling in GM, there are several another people who can make GM a really disgusting place. And over all, he's has pay membership and has posted over than 18000 messages so it's very unfair that people who are less than a month here started to complain against a recognized member here. And for other part, you can be so serious with all the staff that Gu posted in GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Take that you bitch. In your face. And to top it off her son, Novak went out in the 3rd round, has been leapfrogged by Murray in the rankings and is only a little bit ahead off Juan Martin In yo face, biatch.

Last edited by *Viva Chile* : 10-30-2007 at 05:20 PM.
*Viva Chile* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #11
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

GlennMirnyi simply doesn't need a six month ban from GM. There are several reasons for this and here are just a few:

1 - From what I understand the offence was petty and nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaos he was warned and I'd like to assume he was but even so, a jump from a warning to a SIX month ban is out of order
2 - Glenn is an intelligent guy even though he enjoys trolling, this length of ban is stupid and makes no sense, if he is going to change then a few weeks of ban should do the job, if his new behaviour isn't 'acceptable' do whatever you want.
3 - There is far greater support for GM to stay in GM than to get rid of him, just because a few people can stand the heat doesn't mean a guy should get banned, there is an ignore function, if you don't want to read his posts then don't.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #12
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Gu rocks, set him free !
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #13
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit I find the comparison of GlennMirnyi with a crying baby particularly apt.

Having said that,

FREE GUSTAVO!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Hendu : 10-30-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #14
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogiman View Post
I support Gustavo.

One may or may not identify with his posts but in the end it's all pretty harmless, and if he's viewed as a controversial then even better - these boards would be rather boring were ass kissers like the bunch of idiots who find J'torian's humor (giving tennis matches sexual connotations) funny.

It's not very democratic either.
Sorry about getting off topic but I couldn't agree more about the 'Perv Squad' thing. It is seriously, seriously weak humour, I wouldn't mind the sexual connotations jokes if they were funny but it's like catchphrase comedy and it got old so long ago. I wish I could put the jokes on ignore without having to ingore the actual interesting posts some of them make.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #15
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

It is very sorry. What did he do?
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote