Near Death Experiences - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Near Death Experiences

Near Death Experiences

I found this very interesting and reaffirming. If anyone was having doubts about their faith, I suggest they read this. Obviously no one person can help you make a decision and there can never be evidence to back word of mouth, but this is just so consistent with everything the bible stands for.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
country flag Jaffas85

Jaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Near Death Experiences

Do you also believe that all other species on the planet (everything from a tape worm to a Giraffe) also have an afterlife?

Surely the rule would have to apply to all species? Not just the most intelligent?
Jaffas85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffas85 View Post
Do you also believe that all other species on the planet (everything from a tape worm to a Giraffe) also have an afterlife?

Surely the rule would have to apply to all species? Not just the most intelligent?
Ecclesiastes 3:21
"Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

In other words, the spirits of man and beast will take seperate paths. The spirit of man will be judged, while the spirit of beast will cease to exist.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
country flag Jaffas85

Jaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond reputeJaffas85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
Ecclesiastes 3:21
"Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

In other words, the spirits of man and beast will take seperate paths. The spirit of man will be judged, while the spirit of beast will cease to exist.
That seems unfair, especially to intelligent species like Chimpanzees or Elephants who have their own moral systems and emotions.

BTW, Why do you place so much importance on what the Bible says?

The words of men from generations ago cannot determine what could or couldn't happen after death.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BTW, Why do you place so much importance on what the Bible says?
Because his parents taught him to. If his parents had been Muslim he would no doubt be quoting the Koran now.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
country flag VolandriFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Because his parents taught him to. If his parents had been Muslim he would no doubt be quoting the Koran now.
My parents have never forced anything upon me. They never attended church and I can't recall every reading the bible as a child, by their laurels or my own. I form an opinion based on my own faith, intelligence and common-sense.

I suppose by this logic, your parents were evolutionists? I'm a firm believer that every man must decide for himself what he believes. Outside influence may be a factor in early childhood, but your parents cannot control you forever.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #7
country flag Jaffas85

Volandrifan, being religious does not set a person in opposition to Evolution.

Evolution is a fact (Natural Selection being the theory) and many christians maintain their faith and also believe in scientific research and evidence.

Why, even the Catholic Pope supports Evolution because of the insurmountable amount of evidence behind it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19956961/
Old 11-19-2007, 04:28 AM   #8
country flag VolandriFan

Quote:
Volandrifan, being religious does not set a person in opposition to Evolution.

Evolution is a fact (Natural Selection being the theory) and many christians maintain their faith and also believe in scientific research and evidence.

Why, even the Catholic Pope supports Evolution because of the insurmountable amount of evidence behind it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19956961/
I'm sorry if the term "evolutionist" threw you off, but if you read my posts in the other thread, I am very welcoming to the concept of evolution. Where that fits in with the bible is another question altogether, and one that I'm not informed enough to comment on.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:33 AM   #9
country flag Jaffas85

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
I'm sorry if the term "evolutionist" threw you off, but if you read my posts in the other thread, I am very welcoming to the concept of evolution. Where that fits in with the bible is another question altogether, and one that I'm not informed enough to comment on.
What is your position on the Torah and the Koran?

Are they just the results of the cultures they arose from? And not inspired by a God?

What endows the Bible with a supernatural validity that you don't ascribe to the Koran?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:00 AM   #10
country flag VolandriFan

Quote:
What is your position on the Torah and the Koran?

Are they just the results of the cultures they arose from? And not inspired by a God?

What endows the Bible with a supernatural validity that you don't ascribe to the Koran?
Personally for me, the Quran is not inspired directly by God and is instead an attempt of the devil to pass on false religion to a large portion of the earth.

The Torah, on the other hand, is a guildeline for Hebrew living at the time of its conception. Jesus set us free from these laws, some of which were intended only for our protection as they were relevant. Retaining proximity from a menstruating woman and not eating hoofed animals or shellfish, are laws that are not really applicable to our modern living. The ten commandments are still valid to us, as Jesus refers to them countless times. It can be hard as people like to pick and choose which laws to follow, but the Messiah clarifies which laws take priority over the others.

Matthew 22:36-40
Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love he Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

This is how we should strive to live.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #11
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #12
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should stop here, VolandriFan, before you start insulting and bashing more religions than you have already done.

:retard:
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote