Racism in Barcelona - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-28-2007, 02:02 AM   #31
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racism in Barcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
Here is the guy explaining himself.

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=kpZ10Bxrqzg

And yeah, no way he was drunk, his reflex actions are way too fast in the video for a drunk guy.
I agree. There's no way the man could throw a kick like that without slightly losing his balance if he's drunk.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2007, 02:10 AM   #32
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post

Violence isn't justifiable. Ever. You're just another G.W. Bush - thinks violence solves problems.

When you're shot reacting to a mugger, don't complain. Acting like a caveman will only lead you to things like that.

He does that not because he's afraid of being beaten. Get a clue. He does that because he knows deep down the society he lives in thinks the same and won't find give him a big penalty. If he was sure he'd get arrested for a long time he'd never do that. It doesn't matter if a Rambo would be there or not. Physical punishment never stopped people like that.

We live in a society not to have to make justice with our own hands. We don't need people defending lynching and violent reactions. There's law and there's police for that.
Who are you? Gandhi? Jesus?

Now it is in the hands of justice, but in the train, that guy should have gotten what he deserved.

And what that guy deserved was an ass whopping. I hate violence, but sometimes IT IS justifiable. That guy HAD to stand up and defend the woman, there are no excuses...

I am pacific, but not a pacifist.

Last edited by Hendu : 10-28-2007 at 02:30 AM.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:29 AM   #33
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post

WTF?

Who are you? Gandhi? Jesus?

Now it is in the hands of justice, but in the train, that guy should have gotten what he deserved.

And what that guy deserved was an ass whopping. I hate violence, but sometimes IT IS justifiable. That guy HAD to stand up and defend the woman, there are no excuses...

I am pacific, but not a pacifist.
You two are talking too much. Talking and doing are two very different things.

Playing hero is not something you should do, especially if you're a 17 year-old foreigner.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:36 AM   #34
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=GlennMirnyi;6191673]
Quote:

You two are talking too much. Talking and doing are two very different things.

Playing hero is not something you should do, especially if you're a 17 year-old foreigner.
Playing hero?

For god sake, 17 year olds are allowed to drive cars, they are not kids... and being a South American was one more reason to stand up and defend the woman.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:43 AM   #35
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Playing hero?

For god sake, 17 year olds are allowed to drive cars, they are not kids... and being a South American was one more reason to stand up and defend the woman.
17 year-olds can't drive cars here.

What I mean is that the you two in your hero outfits maybe don't realise the guy was as afraid as the girl. You know, not everyone is a street fighter/brawler like you two.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:56 AM   #36
country flag Hendu

Quote:
17 year-olds can't drive cars here.

What I mean is that the you two in your hero outfits maybe don't realise the guy was as afraid as the girl. You know, not everyone is a street fighter/brawler like you two.
lol

far from a fighter/brawler.

I understand he was afraid, but thats not a good excuse. He just looked the other way.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:59 AM   #37
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
lol

far from a fighter/brawler.

I understand he was afraid, but thats not a good excuse. He just looked the other way.
It's the excuse. Of course he was afraid. Have you fought a stranger? I had a friend stabbed for doing that at a party, mind you.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:03 AM   #38
country flag Hendu

Quote:
It's the excuse. Of course he was afraid. Have you fought a stranger? I had a friend stabbed for doing that at a party, mind you.
Only an occasional minor fight, nothing of importance.

If you were in that train, what would you have done?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:24 AM   #39
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Only an occasional minor fight, nothing of importance.

If you were in that train, what would you have done?
I'd tell him to stop, but I wouldn't pick a fight, unless after that he came against me. The guy wants attention. If you actually pick a fight with him, you're playing his game.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #40
country flag Neumann

Neumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
It's the only language people like this understand.
As Glenn said, that is the starting point of many conflicts. And most of them, very mindless.
Although violence is our natural instinct seeking revenge, it actually works against us in the long run, creating resentment and more violence. Civilized punishments tend to create more harmonious societies.

Last edited by Neumann : 06-09-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Neumann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #41
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

No way this guy was drunk and that was a shocking incident, Racism is everywhere, it's just some places are more blatant about it.

Neumann, Portugual has been poorer than Spain for a while and they are nowhere near as xenophobic as say in Spain.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:01 AM   #42
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can expect anything from Spaniards, but we never know the degree it's spread out in the population.
Maybe
Old 10-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #43
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

He may have been on cocaine
Old 10-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #44
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria View Post
He may have been on cocaine
Don't think so. His coordination was still too good to be high on drugs.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #45
country flag Hendu

Quote:
I'd tell him to stop, but I wouldn't pick a fight, unless after that he came against me. The guy wants attention. If you actually pick a fight with him, you're playing his game.
oh, you don't play his game... you don't fight him while he is harassing a woman...

Yes, I'm sure he will learn the lesson with your example of civility, and be a good citizen afterwards.

Now, seriously.

the right thing to do was kicking his ass, and then get the police as soon as possible, because that scumbag deserves jail time.

Last edited by Hendu : 10-28-2007 at 04:01 PM.