****** Bnp Paribas Masters Series ****** Feel It - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #61
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ****** Bnp Paribas Masters Series ****** Feel It

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuster View Post

Nah, you know what? I think Roger will just try to WIN this tournament. It's in his blood - he's no tanker.
Also, he'd be happy to beat Nole again, just to make sure Raf has a better outlook to keep his #2 position...
Yep, I also think he'd be more than happy to have Djerkovic not overtake Rafa But, I really will be shocked if he puts much effort into this tournament.

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #62
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
Hmmmm... 2006 Cincinnati anyone?
Seriously I think if Rogi gets passed Karlovic (which will be very tough, Paris is extremely quick and Ivo will want revenge for yesterday)
I didn't realize Paris was exteremly quick. I thought, of all the indoor courts, Paris was the slowest. Hence the reason guys like Ferrer, Davydenko...etc., do really well here.

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:54 PM   #63
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoes View Post
I didn't realize Paris was exteremly quick. I thought, of all the indoor courts, Paris was the slowest. Hence the reason guys like Ferrer, Davydenko...etc., do really well here.
Uhm, bad news: the surface in Paris has been changed this year, and it has reportedly become much, much slower than it used to be.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:45 PM   #64
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta say I'll be pissed if Roger shows up and doesn't try. I never wanted him to go, but since he is going I really hope he doesnt 'tank'. Someone posted in GM that Roger did an interview on a local radio station and got pissed off at the suggestion that he wasn't serious about trying to win Paris.

Everyone keeps talking about Ivo, but Ivo has to win a match before he meets Roger. That's not a 100% for sure thing. It's not like he's the king of winning TB's.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:54 PM   #65
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland View Post
Gotta say I'll be pissed if Roger shows up and doesn't try. I never wanted him to go, but since he is going I really hope he doesnt 'tank'. Someone posted in GM that Roger did an interview on a local radio station and got pissed off at the suggestion that he wasn't serious about trying to win Paris.

Everyone keeps talking about Ivo, but Ivo has to win a match before he meets Roger. That's not a 100% for sure thing. It's not like he's the king of winning TB's.
I hope he does try in Paris..........but I also hope it doesn't mess with his TMC preparations. I suppose the plus is that his TMC opponents are also playing Paris.

Ivo is playing Verdasco................This really isn't a toss up as to who will be Roger's 2nd round opponent

Tennis Helps!!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #66
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ivo is playing Verdasco................This really isn't a toss up as to who will be Roger's 2nd round opponent
Hey the courts are slower (thanks, Roger. ) and Ivo himself might be a bit tired. You just never know. Anyway I don't think about Roger's opponents until I know for sure who they are.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #67
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

Quote:
Hey the courts are slower (thanks, Roger. ) and Ivo himself might be a bit tired. You just never know. Anyway I don't think about Roger's opponents until I know for sure who they are.
I don't expect Roger to win Paris, so I'd just like him to go out to someone who won't let the win result in a puffed out chest like a peacock......eg. Djerkovic.

Tennis Helps!!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #68
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't expect Roger to win Paris, so I'd just like him to go out to someone who won't let the win result in a puffed out chest like a peacock......eg. Djerkovic.

If Roger would have to lose to anybody (besides the Usual Suspect ), let's hope it'll be Murray.

Anathema

Old 10-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #69
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

Quote:

If Roger would have to lose to anybody (besides the Usual Suspect ), let's hope it'll be Murray.
Granted......I really don't have anything against Murray(I don't care either way about him).........but I live in the US and another Murray win against Roger will result in more Brad Gilbert time on ESPN I have a love/hate opinion about Brad. I do enjoy his commentating at times because he gives detailed analysis during tennis matches.........But, that's about all I enjoy about him

Tennis Helps!!

Last edited by mangoes : 10-29-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #70
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Granted......I really don't have anything against Murray.........but I live in the US and another Murray win against Roger will result in more Brad Gilbert time on ESPN I have a love/hate opinion about Brad. I do enjoy his commentating at times because he gives detailed analysis during tennis matches.........But, that's about all I enjoy about him
Well, coming to speak of TV coverage - does anyone over here have a good link to a livestream (NOT Betfair and/or bwin)?

I'd even be willing to go through an ESPN one...

Anathema

Old 10-29-2007, 08:37 PM   #71
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
is Roger play in Wed?
Yes, Suktuen. Verdasco and Karlovic are playing against each other tomorrow and the winner of it will have to play against Roger in the next round.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:45 PM   #72
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Why am I supposed to hope for it? Out of all youngsters Murray might be the worst match up for Fed on various hcs/grass.
The way this draw is "composed", the 2nd round loss (Karlovic/Verdasco) is the only harmless loss Fed can take.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:47 PM   #73
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

Quote:
Well, coming to speak of TV coverage - does anyone over here have a good link to a livestream (NOT Betfair and/or bwin)?

I'd even be willing to go through an ESPN one...
Check over at the Paris Masters Forum. Sometimes Four:Love posts several links. I have the AMS TV online. During Madrid, they ran a special for the service, but they seem to have discontinued it for Paris.....

Tennis Helps!!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #74
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good reaction of Roger then I think he shows a good attitude towards the tournament. He is aware of his difficult draw, but apparently he feels good after his two weeks in Madrid and Basel and has no worries to risk injury when playing in Paris. As we have seen in the past he doesn't hesitate to cancel a tournament so I trust him that he wouldn't play Paris when he wouldn't feel ok.

Lets take round by round and not look to far ahead. Anything can happen, but I doubt that the outcome of Paris will affect Rogers chances in Shanghai. He won't suffer when he would lose early and if he would still be in Paris the next weekend he has another week before Shanghai starts.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #75
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are right, I just saw the Paris courts and they look much slower than before

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote