****** Bnp Paribas Masters Series ****** Feel It - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #16
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ****** Bnp Paribas Masters Series ****** Feel It

Wel, that draw isn't what I call 'balanced', no - but we're not to blame the PLAYERS on the draw they get, do we?

Just wait and see whether Raf will indeed be able to get through - it's still HARDCOURT after all. There are many players in his draw that can seriously trouble him - Wrawrinka, Lopez and Davydenko come to mind.

Draws are always 'unfair' - that's what you have with draws in general.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2007, 10:38 PM   #17
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland View Post
He doesn't always have the easiest, but it's rare for him to get a draw from hell and Roger to get an easy draw. Usually it's Nadal gets a really easy draw or the draw is more balanced. This draw is a joke.
in all seriousness, nadal gets really "nice" draws.

why do you think it took 3 years for nadal to play safin and nalbandian? he's never played karlovic. has he played tursunov?

but he plays his personal mug baghdatis many times during the year.

nadal is an exceptional player but at the same time many of his success off-clay have come when the draws have been complete gimmes.

nadal could play all dirtballers en route to the final. ridiculous. volandri, canas, chela, boredo all in his side?

i dont mind nadal getting to the wimbledon final because he really is a good player on grass, but indoors he is really just above average.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:49 PM   #18
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - just wait and see if Raf is indeed capable of beating all those so-called 'mugs' in his half of the draw.

Not just that - isn't whining about a draw a bit 'tardish'?
It's like that with draws - you win some, you lose some. And how often did it not happen that everyone said Raf had a relatively easy draw (USO 2007 comes to mind), where every 'serious' contender seemed to get beaten before meeting Raf, ending up with Rafa being defeated by someone that no-one ever expected that particular player to be capable of?

If Roger shows up in Paris - note the word IF - I'm sure he'll have to play his best to overcome his opponents. But isn't THAT what we all want a genuine champion to be able to do? (same goes for Raf in this respect - IF he manages to win Paris, I can see all those "Cupcake Draw"-comments coming up real fast... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post
i dont mind nadal getting to the wimbledon final because he really is a good player on grass, but indoors he is really just above average.
True. At least you are able to indeed admit he's a (very) good competetor on grass. That makes me happy, to say the least.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:57 AM   #19
country flag Marek.

Marek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond reputeMarek. has a reputation beyond repute

I think Roger will play Paris this year. Whether or not he "shows up" is a different matter though.
Marek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:08 AM   #20
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

That's what a draw would look like if you tried to place all the contenders in the top half.

The thing about Fed withdrawing is that he could theoretically wind up leading by less than 450 points going into the AO next year if he doesn't win the TMC and Nadal does. This would mean that Nadal could get to #1 by reaching the finals. Nadal is probably going to make the finals in Bercy and cut his lead to 180 race points and the who knows what happens at the TMC. Winning Paris might be as hard as winning the TMC for Federer.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:13 AM   #21
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuster View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - just wait and see if Raf is indeed capable of beating all those so-called 'mugs' in his half of the draw.

It's like that with draws - you win some, you lose some. And how often did it not happen that everyone said Raf had a relatively easy draw (USO 2007 comes to mind), where every 'serious' contender seemed to get beaten before meeting Raf, ending up with Rafa being defeated by someone that no-one ever expected that particular player to be capable of?

If Roger shows up in Paris - note the word IF - I'm sure he'll have to play his best to overcome his opponents. But isn't THAT what we all want a genuine champion to be able to do? (same goes for Raf in this respect - IF he manages to win Paris, I can see all those "Cupcake Draw"-comments coming up real fast... )

True. At least you are able to indeed admit he's a (very) good competetor on grass. That makes me happy, to say the least.
Whether he wins or loses is completely irrelevant--the draw is one of the most lopsided I have ever seen. It would be pretty sad if Nadal couldn't make it to the finals with that draw.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:19 AM   #22
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
That's what a draw would look like if you tried to place all the contenders in the top half.

The thing about Fed withdrawing is that he could theoretically wind up leading by less than 450 points going into the AO next year if he doesn't win the TMC and Nadal does. This would mean that Nadal could get to #1 by reaching the finals. Nadal is probably going to make the finals in Bercy and cut his lead to 180 race points and the who knows what happens at the TMC. Winning Paris might be as hard as winning the TMC for Federer.
At this point all I care about is Roger ending the year at #1. He's already got the record for consecutive weeks at #1 so now it's just about ending the year at #1. I fully expect at some point early in 2008 he will lose it. But hopefully can maybe get it back during IW and Miami when Nadal and Djokovic have a lot of points to defend.

As far as Nadal in Paris, yeah he should make the finals with that piss easy draw. But this isn't his best surface so if anyone has a shot it would be indoors. Is Paris carpet or hard?

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:28 AM   #23
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuster View Post

This I will agree with you on. Very few players are expected to beat Nadal or cause him trouble but yet when someone not expected does then there's all the reasons why people aren't surprised player xyz gave Nadal trouble - even though prior to the match no one was expecting it.

This draw though is a complete joke. Reminds me of the US Open women's draw -- all the best players were in the top half and Shriekapova had nobody in her half. Only good thing would be a similar outcome in Paris.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:35 AM   #24

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

this draw indoors is like a draw on clay composed of fish, blake, tursunov, soderling, mirnyi etc.

why has paris changed from carpet to HC???
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

Old 10-27-2007, 05:28 AM   #25
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

oh I want Roger to win Paris with this draw.
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:30 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanchr View Post
oh I want Roger to win Paris with this draw.
federer plays really well when he has tough draws.

i am still in awe of his 2006 run. That was sick.

-Richard Feynman

Old 10-27-2007, 08:16 AM   #27
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post
this draw indoors is like a draw on clay composed of fish, blake, tursunov, soderling, mirnyi etc.

why has paris changed from carpet to HC???
They wanted to make the surface more similar to the MC so that player wouldn't have to get used to a new surface a week before Shanghai... On the other hand that means that if Roger does play there it will be perfect for him
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #28
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
Whether he wins or loses is completely irrelevant--the draw is one of the most lopsided I have ever seen. It would be pretty sad if Nadal couldn't make it to the finals with that draw.
If TFA doesn't make it to the finals it would prove that he's pretty below average on hard courts...
Old 10-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #29
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPower View Post
If TFA doesn't make it to the finals it would prove that he's pretty below average on hard courts...
What's average?

Nadal is doubtlessly above average on hardcourts unless average means a GS winner. I mean he has several GS QF's which are good acheivements and HC AMS events as well as a final here and there on the stuff.

No, he is not a challenger to being the best HC player in the world but he is still one of the best 8 hardcourt players in the world I would say and you can dispute that fact but the stats don't lie and Nadal may not get win after win but he gets decent results.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #30
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Roger, hope you will not be too tired after Paris~~

Good Luck Roger in Paris and Shanghai!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote