Andreas Haider-Maurer Cheering Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andreas Haider-Maurer Cheering Thread

I hope i'm not the only fan of Haider-Maurer. I saw him play last week and got the guy's autograph, i'm a fan for life.
Andreas is playing in Britain this week. Today he faces Rehnquist. Go Andreas
Here's a link to his website, unfortunately it's only in German http://www.haider-maurer.at/.
He is only 20 and is currently ranked number 243, his highest ever ranking. I think he has the game to get into the top 100 before too long.

Last edited by guille&tati4life : 09-01-2008 at 03:19 PM.
guille&tati4life is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Andreas Haider-Maurer Cheering Thread

I hope some day to get to see him play. I try to follow all the Austrian players and have noticed him rising in the rankings in Austria.
Are you also a fan of other Austrians?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
country flag freesbee
Silly Nando Chica!

freesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond repute

Why I am not surprised. Hi Paul.

The Tipsy Chat Thread
Nando's Chicas' and Chico Milan's Chat World
Je suis une Chardette spreading the Cute in the Lovely Thread
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
u shouldnt like people based on hotness
you need to be more like me
freesbee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #4

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJurgenfan View Post
I hope some day to get to see him play. I try to follow all the Austrian players and have noticed him rising in the rankings in Austria.
Are you also a fan of other Austrians?
I do like the Austrian players, particularly Fischer and also Melzer. Paszek in the women's side. But mainly, i'm a follower of Andreas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesbee View Post
Why I am not surprised. Hi Paul.
Cos you're smart
You're welcome here Freya
Old 10-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #5

Andreas lost today to Rehnquist it doesn't really surprise me. Hopefully he can do a lot better next tournament.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #6
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

He has talent, especially on clay. He beat a lot of good players in challengers on clay a few months ago.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #7

Yes, in Dusseldorf he beat Zib, Meffert, Lopez (Marc) and Darcis on his way to the final there.

I'm not sure where he's playing next, but as soon as i find out i'll post
Old 10-28-2007, 06:57 PM   #8

It seems that he prefers to be called Andy as that's how he signed his name in his e-mail to me and that's what Fischer and Sandbichler seemed to call him .
He says there's a chance that he may come back to Glasgow next year
Old 11-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #9

Andy lost 6-4 6-0 in Tunisia to Lammer. He also lost his doubles match (he was playing with Martin Fischer) in a champions tie break.

Hope he does better in his next tournament.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #10

Andreas Haider-Maurer AUT def. Chu-Huan Yi TPE [WC] 6-2 6-4
Next up for Andy will probably be Udomchoke. He can do it
Old 11-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #11

BTW, this tournament is in Taiwan
Old 11-13-2007, 01:43 AM   #12

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he keeps on winning. He seems like a fine young man and should do well.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #13

Andy lost 7-6 6-1 to Udomchoke. He seems to get beaten in the 2nd set of matches easily much too often
Old 11-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #14

When the first set is so close I think after they lose it, they become discouraged insteead of realizing they really have a chance to win. He will have to realize that losing a first close set means he just needs to fight a little harder and win.
What I just wrote applies to all tennis players and not just Andy.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJurgenfan View Post
When the first set is so close I think after they lose it, they become discouraged insteead of realizing they really have a chance to win. He will have to realize that losing a first close set means he just needs to fight a little harder and win.
What I just wrote applies to all tennis players and not just Andy.
Yep, good call and the sooner he gets that mentality the better.
Still, even when he wins the 1st set the 2nd can be a disaster