Serbian history and related issues - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #61
country flag MaryX

MaryX has a reputation beyond reputeMaryX has a reputation beyond reputeMaryX has a reputation beyond reputeMaryX has a reputation beyond reputeMaryX has a reputation beyond reputeMaryX has a reputation beyond reputeMaryX has a reputation beyond reputeMaryX has a reputation beyond reputeMaryX has a reputation beyond reputeMaryX has a reputation beyond reputeMaryX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Serbian history and related issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by adynadal View Post
Hi!
I`ll be completely honest and I`ll say that every time it comes to Kosovo i`m afraid not just to talk about it but even to think about it.I never dare to take any side or have my own opinion about it because i know how painful this might be for too many people and i know how sensitive people get when Kosovo`s status is concerned...
I only know that i feel sorry for everyone who lives there because it`s not easy for niether for the albanians nor for the Serbs...
I know how much Kosovo means for every Serbian,how important it was in Serbia`s history and that`s why i just don`t see the end of this problem in a peaceful way,I`m sorry to say it but that`s how i feel it in my heart...let`s hope i`m wrong !

Well, you are too nice! But, I have to say (just because one of our (serbian) characteristics are to be sincere) that Kosovo subject is not a taboo for me.It is true that Serbs have strong feelings about that region, thinking of it as of cradle of their nation (etc), but that is not the only and isolated case in world's history-it happened before, and frontiers are not given to be unchanged as the law may be teach us.We won't accept independency of Kosovo, that's ok with me and may be one day (not within our lives) it will be formally returned, but wouldn't we be stupid to defend it any way else but using diplomatic measures? Serbians are generally very tired of wars and in last year's research only 10% of citizens noted Kosovo as their primary concern and majority said it was economy and european integrations.

This year's research is a bit different and 25% voted for Kosovo, but that is one of crucial proofs of media power-our government totally failed in it's social and economy functions and goals-corruption is still very present, standard is low even though results are interpreted falsely, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bascule View Post
Hi, nice post, glad you're interested. I studdied electrical engineering just because I wanted to live better than my parents, and because I dreamed of Canada after my studdies (that was possible then),but there came the war, we had no money, lived with 10-20 $ for one whole month, and I lost lot of time on political protests against Milosevic, sanctions, beating students, stopping the war and cheating on elections. I lived several years working on black market selling music on CDs and some other stuff. And it wasn't legal business, couse there was no legal business during the years of sanctions. And everything was corrupted. I don't like to be salesman and taking risk with law, so I decided to find the work (with my certificate). (Don't have to mention how hard was to get on those studdies and finish them, and then after the war begun western countries stopped approving our degrees, mostly). For a long time I couldn't find a job, when they see me among men on interview, they asked me usually why did I come, cause I'm female. It was pretty frustating because I didn't "know somebody who knew somebody". This year I'm working as a teacher in a techical high school, and my salary for last year was 4000$. (On black market selling matches you can earn much more). And this is temporary job. In january, I'll be free (haha). I did want to leave country, but had no money or support to do such thing. I have brother with kids in Berlin, they won't come back. Kids are born there, life is better and much more sure. My friends who left couldn't do it without their parents (I mean their money).
And my family from Croatia and Bosnia (just like Balkanboy)has gone to different countries (because of the program for helping refugees), and I think they are not crazy to come back, cause their homes are destroyed and croats want to put all young men in jails, and especially because of this pressure with jails, young people won't never go back to Croatia (that's good plan for Croatia to stay ethnically pure). They also took away all flats of serbs, so people from cities can't go back. That's with my proprety in Croatia, too, they took the flat from my grandma and destroy the house in village. I can't sell anything there to help my self. Even now, when you ask young and talented people from Serbia what will they do after studdies, they say: I'd like to go abroad.
Have a good day!
We have many things in common like most of people that studied here in that period (1990-2000).Wars, sanctions, poverty , demonstrations against Milosevic and his war and social policy (and his corrupted system in total) and in the end we are 10 years older, his tycoons are still running their empires and prize is shared with new political leaders...

But, all said above doesn't give legitimacy to enyone to disqualify others because of their nationality and his own predjudices.Every joke is potentionally a good joke, while it is not about somebody's looks, nationality, or IQ (even some of those can be good, but the wisdom is to know how to make them).
MaryX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 03:57 AM   #62
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

bump
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #63
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
bump
why bump this thread? Kosovo is still not independant despite the western press saying that it will by end of 2007. Serbia is not threatening to cut off talks to join EU and Herald Tribune said European nations realize that they need Serbia more then Serbia needs them. So Europeans will perhaps allows Kosovo to declare its indepndance but it will be as independant as Taiwan and northern tip of kosovo is in Serbian hands.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #64
country flag Adler

Adler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond repute

With Kosovo's independence, there will be another carnage there, with not only balkan countries and EU, but also Russia. And when it happens - just hold on to your seats...
Old 01-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #65
country flag Bascule

Bascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond repute

Pandora's box is opening...hold on your breath.
Bascule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 PM   #66
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
why bump this thread? Kosovo is still not independant despite the western press saying that it will by end of 2007. Serbia is not threatening to cut off talks to join EU and Herald Tribune said European nations realize that they need Serbia more then Serbia needs them. So Europeans will perhaps allows Kosovo to declare its indepndance but it will be as independant as Taiwan and northern tip of kosovo is in Serbian hands.
Because there are talks in GM and I asked people to post here instead of GM.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:30 AM   #67
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond repute

God, bless Serbia!
Svetlana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #68
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pandora's box is opening...hold on your breath.
If Kosovo gets independence, I think Serbia will blockade the province and probably go about getting Republika Srpska. Russia will profit greatly from the new "might makes right" system, so they will most likely recognize Abkhazia and south Ossetia, or at least use them as a bargaining chip vis-a-vis Georgia.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #69
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute

And I think even if Kosovo gets "independence," it will be very short lived and essentially meaningless. It will be an EU protectorate. Serbia just has to bide the time until a restoration of sovereignty can be achieved. With Serbia blockading the province and unemployment so high, it is only a matter of time before the Albanians turn on NATO/EU, just as they already have against the UN mission. The EU/NATO/UN have mistaken the Albanian bands for the relatively docile (!!!) people of Bosnia and Macedonia, who accept a NATO/EU occupation if it at least means they can live in peace and not be expelled. The "independent" Albanians, after a few years of restlessness against their "protectors," will attack them....and these people, who have no real stake in Kosovo, especially vis-a-vis the Albanians (who are they protecting anyway? The Serbs and the medieval monuments, that's who.), will evacuate. Once the Albanians are finally "indpendent" Serbia will be free to reenter the province and set things in order. And this time that would include incarcerating all KLA filth and deporting all Albanians who are illegal aliens, i.e. the ones who infiltrated the province under Turkish terror from 1876-1912, the ones who entered in 1914-1918, the ones who entered the province in 1941-1945 under Italian fascist rule and the Nazis, the ones who fled from Hoxha and whom Tito welcomed, and the ones who entered after 1999. All that trash needs to be expelled along with their 20-person families which engage in sex-slave trading and narcotics smuggling, and then the province would be restored to order. And they should resettle the Bosnian/Croatian Serb refugees in Kosovo to restore the demograpic balance. The Albanians have had the chance to rule Kosovo several times (Ottoman rule, WWII, Tito years, post-1999) and every time they have grossly abused it to expel the native Serbian population and every single other minority, from the Croats of Janjevo and the Kosovo Jews (there were never many to begin with), to the Gypsies/Roma, Turks, and Gorani. They are the delusional xenophobes who have set out to "reconquer" their Illyria and kill everything non-Albanian when in fact they're Transylvanian goat-herders whom the Hungarians pushed out in around 1000 A.D. and who aren't even in the annals of history until Anna Komnena mentions them in the Alexiad in the 11th century!

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Old 02-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #70
country flag Bascule

Bascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloimeh View Post
If Kosovo gets independence, I think Serbia will blockade the province and probably go about getting Republika Srpska. Russia will profit greatly from the new "might makes right" system, so they will most likely recognize Abkhazia and south Ossetia, or at least use them as a bargaining chip vis-a-vis Georgia.
How do you think we can get Republika Srpska?
It's more possible that we'll lose this one also, so the circle of crashing and humiliation of serbs could be finished (don't forget that no one said anything when croats took over Krajina and done the act of etnical cleaning during the Oluja action, actually NATO helped them through).
Old 02-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #71
country flag Aloimeh

Quote:
How do you think we can get Republika Srpska?
It's more possible that we'll lose this one also, so the circle of crashing and humiliation of serbs could be finished (don't forget that no one said anything when croats took over Krajina and done the act of etnical cleaning during the Oluja action, actually NATO helped them through).
They can't directly. They can only wait for the Muslims to attack, which they will, and then get involved with Russia's assistance in the background. But they can't initiate anything - only more NATO bombs would come, and might come anyway even if Serbia did something once the Muslims attacked. I think the current leaders are too weak to respond, just like Milosevic didn't for Krajina. But a different leader perhaps would not be so timid in response to an attack by the other side. They shouldn't put their trust in the UN, though. The UN/NATO didn't protect them from the Croats in Medak or Krajina, nor did they protect them from the Albanian thugs in Kosovo in 1999 nor in the 2004 pogrom. And, the UN didn't protect the Muslim enclaves in Bosnia either. The UN/NATO is really only looking out for itself and doesn't protect anyone. They claim to be humanitarians but are really just imperialists. You'll see once Kosovo gets it's "independence" - camp Bondsteel will only expand and NATO won't protect anyone from Albanian terror.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #72
country flag Bascule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloimeh View Post
They can't directly. They can only wait for the Muslims to attack, which they will, and then get involved with Russia's assistance in the background. But they can't initiate anything - only more NATO bombs would come, and might come anyway even if Serbia did something once the Muslims attacked. I think the current leaders are too weak to respond, just like Milosevic didn't for Krajina. But a different leader perhaps would not be so timid in response to an attack by the other side. They shouldn't put their trust in the UN, though. The UN/NATO didn't protect them from the Croats in Medak or Krajina, nor did they protect them from the Albanian thugs in Kosovo in 1999 nor in the 2004 pogrom. And, the UN didn't protect the Muslim enclaves in Bosnia either. The UN/NATO is really only looking out for itself and doesn't protect anyone. They claim to be humanitarians but are really just imperialists. You'll see once Kosovo gets it's "independence" - camp Bondsteel will only expand and NATO won't protect anyone from Albanian terror.
I don't think directly, but they already pronounce the abolition of Republika Srpska and the integration into Bosnian federation, which means that serbs will be overvoted in crucial political stances, and we will get more refugees here in already diminished Serbia..
Old 02-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #73
country flag Aloimeh

Quote:
I don't think directly, but they already pronounce the abolition of Republika Srpska and the integration into Bosnian federation, which means that serbs will be overvoted in crucial political stances, and we will get more refugees here in already diminished Serbia..
I don't think they've pronounced the abolition. They'd certainly like to. Once they do that, that would certainly be understood as a form of attack and I think RS would be well within its rights to declare independence.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #74
country flag Bascule

Sorry, my bad english, of course they have not pronounced the abolition, but they are going to. And I'm not sure RS could declare independence in that situation.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:25 AM   #75
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

This whole story was a mess up from the EU, Nato and USA. It just doesn't make sense.

Imagine if the Polish or Indian Immigrants in the UK settle in one Province and become the majority in that Province. Then some hundred years later decide they want independence from the rest of the UK, would that be something anybody with enough sense agree with?

Milosevic blew it by exterminating them, hence the rest of the world felt pity for the Albanian majority in Kosovo and sided with them. Anyways, something this stupid won't last as Serbia isn't done with that province. As soon as EU/Nato/USA leave, the weak nation that is Kosovo will be easily overrun by Serbia. This is a very short-lived independence.

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?

Last edited by Black Adam : 02-17-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote