Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tournament Threads?

3K views 22 replies 2 participants last post by  Nymeria 
#1 ·
I know you don't like threads for each Tournament especially when Kris is playing poorly :sad: I like Tournament Threads myself while I know others don't. But I think we need to make some break in the thread and just not let one thread run on and on. I hope if more people can tell where Kris is playing it might help the Forum. Like now we could do a thread for the indoor season. What do you think?

#3 ·
Let me try to explain what I mean. For example back in 2005 there was an American player that was having a good year so we were doing Tournament threads for each Tournament. Well we thought his good play would continue in 2006 so we stayed with Tournament threads, however, his year wasn't good so we got pretty much what you posted about--a Tournament thread with only a few posts. Sadly his play didn't pick up this year either.
So what was done in his Forum was a thread for the time of the tennis season like "grass court season" or like right now he is playing in Europe so the thread has his name and the words "in Europe". It just breaks things up a bit instead of just one long thread. I'm trying to come up with something for Kris' Forum that will draw people into it and if they do want to post it will be clearer to them where they should post. Of course Kris could help us out greatly if he would win more, but we have no control over that :sad: Let me know what you think? May be you have some better ideas that will help the Forum? Sorry I didn't mean to write a book :eek:

#4 ·
atm I don't think anything would help, except for maybe a thread saying "readers would you like to post? And how can we help to make it more attractive for you" :lol: but even then I doubt it helps :p

Oh that would be fine for me, having threads for parts of the season, indoor, american hardcourt, clay, grass... as long as it's more tournies together so a thread gets at least over the 40 posts. :shrug: would like to see more peoples opinion, but sadly there are no other posters :p

#6 ·
Actually may be it is better this way because there are only two of us that has to agree on the way things are done here :lol: There have been fights in Forums because people couldn't agree :boxing: Since we both agree on threads for parts of the season let's start doing that--not that there is much season left now anyway :sad: Kris we need you to start playing better. Because nothing helps a Forum more than wins :)

#23 ·
I wouldn't care about people reading my bad English... first of all because English is not my first language and I should already be proud that I am able to have convo's in this language. Then of course I don't mind they see them, because those people can also see how much my English improved in the years :p

I was wondering... now the atp season is over (ah well there are still some smaller oturnies of course, but I've no idea if Kris will take part there)... should we start an offseason-thread? That the forums is still a bit active when there is no play? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.