The European Swing... next stop Halle Westfalen!! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #61
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The European Swing... GOOOO KIWI!! Make it back to top 100

I think today's the day that Kiwi stops being a nice person and letting Rogerer win and he finally takes a win for himself.
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #62
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

It was not meant to be. No the best serving day from Kiefer, while Federer was serving out of his mind. Not to mention the UEs. This wasn't a match, it was a beatdown.

He should be able to win two matches in Paris, before possibly facing Nadal. First Wawrinka, then Chela.
Yappa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #63
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary. View Post
I think today's the day that Kiwi stops being a nice person and letting Rogerer win and he finally takes a win for himself.
or not.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #64
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love View Post
It was not meant to be. No the best serving day from Kiefer, while Federer was serving out of his mind. Not to mention the UEs. This wasn't a match, it was a beatdown.

He should be able to win two matches in Paris, before possibly facing Nadal. First Wawrinka, then Chela.
I don't think it was a beatdown. He took full risk. Especially with his serve. He served an ace with 2nd serve!!! If he wants to win against Roger he has to risk everything. This time he wasn't lucky and the high risk caused too many unforced errors but also a few very nice points. I guess this is what he means if he says he needs more matchpractice. Finding the middle of high risk and unforced errors. He is on the right way for sure!! I am just happy to see him playing like this again
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:55 AM   #65
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

This match wasn't as good and as close as the match in Madrid. Both served worse (Federer was even more untouchable on serve in Madrid, but also Kiwi had fewer troubles), but Kiwi made some errors which are unforgivable if you play against Federer. For example the point at *2-3, *30-40 really upset me enormously. He had saved already one break point, then there is a rally, Federer clips the net, Kiwi gets a very high favorable bounce off the netcord, only like three or four meters behind the net. This ball was ready to put away and he plays it exactly into the racket where Federer was waiting in crosscourt corner. Of course Federer passed him. We don't know, but my feeling was that a hold at this stage would have been big. But instead it was 5-2 two minutes later.

Nevertheless, overall he is really playing very well currently and lets hope he has something left for Paris to make up even more grounds in the rankings and another good result

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #66
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi tomorrow 3rd match after 11 am on center court

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/...t.asp?id=3148#
Old 10-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #67
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

Nice. Didn't expect to see him, but that's because I forgot about the bye's for the top ranked players, which gives the lower ranked players the chance to have their moment/match on CC in their 1st round matches.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:52 PM   #68
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck against Stan again!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 10-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #69
country flag Neely
-

He lost 5-7 3-6

I saw almost the entire match and it was too weak what he played from 5-5 until the middle of the 2nd set. Don't know what was going on there in his mind or if he just couldn't stay focused enough. A strange double fault where both serves hardly hit the doubles field, many mishits, weak unforced errors. At the end of the 2nd set he became stronger again, but it was a few games too late.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:30 AM   #70
country flag Yappa

I basically only watched the first set of my recording. The way he lost that set, was painful to watch. As Neely mentioned, a DF and then those UEs on both wings, especially an easy fh put-away. He served so well in the earlier games and should have won the set, since he had bps...

I regained some hope, when I saw how long that last game in the 2nd set took, but it wasn't meant to be.

Well, Wawrinka is in pretty good form, but you could see the difference to Federer, who is clearly the better server. Kiefer, at least in the first set, managed to return a lot of serves.

Kiefer had two very weeks in Madrid and Basle, let's not forget about that.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #71
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know already that Kiefer plays Nieminen next week on Saturday in Helsinki? It's an exhibition match during the Helsinki challenger.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #72
country flag kiwi10is

Jarkko Nieminen kohtaa Nicolas Kieferin IPP Openin näytösottelussa
Jarkko Nieminen kohtaa Saksan Nicolas Kieferin IPP Openin yhteydessä lauantaina 17.11. pelattavassa näytösottelussa. Ottelun lipputulot ohjataan Niemisen myöhemmin ilmoittamaan hyväntekeväisyyskohteeseen.

Nicolas Kiefer on ollut tennismaailman huipulla 1990-luvun lopulta lähtien. 30-vuotias saksalainen aloitti ammattilaisuransa vuonna 1995 ja voitti ensimmäisen ATP-turnauksen vuonna 1999. Kaikkiaan hän on saalistanut tähän mennessä kuusi ATP-turnausvoittoa kaksinpelissä ja kolme turnausvoittoa nelinpelissä.

Parhaimmillaan Kiefer on ollut ATP-rankingissa sijalla 4 vuonna 2000. Palkintorahaa hänen tililleen on kertynyt lähes 6,5 miljoonaa dollaria. Rannevamman takia lähes vuoden kilpailutauon pitänyt saksalainen palasi kentille kesäkuussa ja löytyy tällä hetkellä rankinglistalta sijalta 48.

Varusmiespalveluksensa aloittava Jarkko Nieminen päätti kauden 2007 tyylikkäästi. Kauden toiseksi viimeisessä turnauksessaan Baselissa hän eteni aina loppuotteluun asti, jossa Roger Federer kuitenkin osoittautui vahvemmaksi. Matkalla loppuotteluun kaatuivat muun muassa Guillermo Canas ja Fernando Gonzales. Pariisin Master-turnauksessa Niemisen taival päättyi toiselle kierrokselle, kun Andy Murray vei voiton suoraan kahdessa erässä.

Näytösottelu pelataan lauantaina 17.11.2007 kello 16.00 alkaen Talin tenniskeskuksen keskuskentällä. Lippuja voi ostaa ennakkoon Talin tenniskeskuksesta.

for the ones who can understand it... lol....
Old 11-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #73
country flag Yappa

Well I can't, but good luck to him.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #74
country flag kiwi10is

lets hope for a rematch in Hannover ;-)
Old 11-17-2007, 06:47 PM   #75
country flag zveeen

zveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond repute

Nieminen d. Kiefer 6-4 5-7 10-7
zveeen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote