Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 10-16-2007, 04:55 AM   #46
country flag Lillith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 209
Lillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond reputeLillith has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Using lies to rasie the awareness will actually do more damage than good in the long run. It will end up sending mixed signals to people who will tune everything off at the end.

Really only right wingers with their own agenda are asserting that An Inconvenient Truth contains lies at all. The vast majority of INDEPENDENT (ie, non-petrochemical, mining or industry sponsored) scientists agree that we humans are adversely affecting the environment and speeding up the warming cycle, bringing about previously unseen consequences. Polar bears will likely be extinct in the wild during my son's lifetime, and that is just one of many species currently on the brink. Many think that the Chinese river dolphin has already been lost.

The only bright spot is that the earth will eventually be fine, it's just we humans who are screwed. (all credit to George Carlin)
Lillith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-16-2007, 05:31 AM   #47
country flag Bilbo
Registered User
 
Bilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lena-Land
Posts: 73,673
Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
Actually Bush DID congratulate Gore who had congratulated Bush when he conceded defeat in the U.S. Presidential elections.
wrong, it was only one of his speakers but keep believing in the goods of this nasty human being (if we can call him like that).
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:21 AM   #48
country flag Sparko1030
Registered User
 
Sparko1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The land of sky blue waters
Posts: 10,269
Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Lillith
__________________
NICOLAS MASSU

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #49
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 13,971
buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
Really only right wingers with their own agenda are asserting that An Inconvenient Truth contains lies at all.
So you can name the South Pacific island that has been abandoned, then? Can you say where the polar bears drowned for lack of an ice sheet to rest on?

BTW, now that the politicians have been given the green light by Gore, and everybody is rushing to provide biofuels, nobody on the Gore team is mentioning a report in Science that estimates that the increasing production of biofuels will release two to nine times the amount of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere over the next thirty years than would be generated by using fossil fuels.
And worse, to meet the EU target of substituting 10% of transport fuel with biofuel by 2020 means turning 40% of European farmland over to biofuel. Since that is not possible, it will mean importing biofuel from poor areas of the globe, with resulting devastation of their ecosystems. This is what happens when politicians get involved in science.

Not many people are saying that the earth is not getting warmer, but a lot of people are saying that there is still no good information on how much of this is man made and how much is natural. The politicians don't like science getting in the way of their agendas, so that is why the Gore camp has declared the debate to be over. To me it seems perfectly reasonable to conclude that since the earth's climate has been constantly in change throughout geological time and no doubt is changing now, we should first try to determine how much of the present changes are not just nature at work, a process that proceeds without human intervention.
However, politicians don't like this concept of not being in charge, so I fear that by feeding their egos, they could make disastrous decisions.
__________________
JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:37 PM   #50
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,554
cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
So you can name the South Pacific island that has been abandoned, then? Can you say where the polar bears drowned for lack of an ice sheet to rest on?

BTW, now that the politicians have been given the green light by Gore, and everybody is rushing to provide biofuels, nobody on the Gore team is mentioning a report in Science that estimates that the increasing production of biofuels will release two to nine times the amount of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere over the next thirty years than would be generated by using fossil fuels.
And worse, to meet the EU target of substituting 10% of transport fuel with biofuel by 2020 means turning 40% of European farmland over to biofuel. Since that is not possible, it will mean importing biofuel from poor areas of the globe, with resulting devastation of their ecosystems. This is what happens when politicians get involved in science.

Not many people are saying that the earth is not getting warmer, but a lot of people are saying that there is still no good information on how much of this is man made and how much is natural. The politicians don't like science getting in the way of their agendas, so that is why the Gore camp has declared the debate to be over. To me it seems perfectly reasonable to conclude that since the earth's climate has been constantly in change throughout geological time and no doubt is changing now, we should first try to determine how much of the present changes are not just nature at work, a process that proceeds without human intervention.
However, politicians don't like this concept of not being in charge, so I fear that by feeding their egos, they could make disastrous decisions.
I totally get where you are coming from. From one scientist to another you have no idea how I wish politicians would stay OUT of medicine. But that's a whole 'nother topic.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #51
country flag MusicMyst
Registered User
 
MusicMyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land of the Gardenias
Posts: 810
MusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Anytime people run around screaming, "The debate is over!", you have to immediately be suspicious that they're trying to hide something. No other area of science tries to cut off debate like that. But you'll notice that the people who are trying hardest to cut off debate aren't themselves scientists.

It's going to cost everyone billions of dollars to implement measures that supposedly will alleviate climate change. Those of us who will be paying the bill have a right to know that our money is being well-spent and yes, we have the right to ask questions about whether climage change is man-made, and if so, to what extent, and whether proposed solutions are cost-efficient.
MusicMyst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #52
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 13,971
buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
Really only right wingers with their own agenda are asserting that An Inconvenient Truth contains lies at all.
I think this remark shows very well how the Gore followers consider this issue to be political rather than scientific.
__________________
JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #53
country flag undomiele
Registered User
 
undomiele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buenos Aires
Age: 36
Posts: 1,735
undomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Considering BuddyHolly never cites links to articles and reports he likes to paraphrase, or any real kind of evidence to anything, anytime, anywhere (Worse, he conveniently refuses to even address solid reliable reports on the matter that I and other people have provided links for,) I have long since concluded BuddyHolly is voluntarily ignorant.

He didn't bother to read the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's report, or worse, failed to understand what it means and signifies. Here it is again: it is a panel of scientists from around the world that automatically throw out any kind of questionable evidence on climate change. Yet STILL they conclude human activities are mainly responsible for dire current and UNNATURAL climate changes that will inflict ecological devastation.

But of course this went completely over his head.

I remember a poster a year ago replied to his harebrained assertions and provided a great link to an NOAA report proving a connection between Hurricanes and Global Warming. He didn't even bother to answer the poster. Im 100% sure he didnt read it, cos what are science-based conclusions and facts agreed upon by the vast majority of experts when you're BuddyHolly??

He has no respect for any kind of reliable evidence authored by the experts, and I have yet to see him exert any real effort to quote and link to anything that can even resemble proof to his monkeyhouse opinions in all the time he has posted here.

Its almost sad he's so ridiculous. Its sad to acknowledge people who choose to be ignorant and continually imagine their opinions are on par with the legitimate experts. But ah well, it takes all kinds to make a world I guess.

One just has to see it as entertainment.
__________________
MY FAVES: Coria, Nalbandian, Canas, FOXY Ferrero, Guga, Grosjean, Costa, Juan Monaco.
~"There are more people of good conscience on this planet than all the terrorists combined. We must make greater common cause by caring about each other, just as London's bystanders did by aiding the victims after the attacks. In the end, the malignancy of terrorism will be excised because of our humanity." Abramson

~"What's the matter with this embalming fluid? Did somebody spike it with coffee???"

Last edited by undomiele : 10-16-2007 at 08:56 PM.
undomiele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #54
country flag Sparko1030
Registered User
 
Sparko1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The land of sky blue waters
Posts: 10,269
Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I think this remark shows very well how the Gore followers consider this issue to be political rather than scientific.

I for one consider it both. I have a botany background so I definatly know about the scientific method and what is "good" science. Anyone familar with ecosystems at all knows it takes very little change in a system to throw it off kilter. True, results are difficult to predict but to deny that there will be no consequence for our speeding up the warming process is not only ignorant but foolish.

And yes, science and politics should work togather on this issue. This would hardly be the first time. Unless you feel you can trust the corporate world to make necesary changes, we need government to make it change. One example of such "interferance" is the banning of ddt when it was implicated in the disapearance of raptors. Raptors have made a wonderful comeback. Had it been up to the companies that produced the insecticide that used ddt, our US symbol, the eagle, would now be extinct. I could list so many other expamples. Our water, air and food would be full of toxic pollutants( or I should say more that is already) had not our government acted (and everytime, there is ALWAYS someone denying the overwhelming scientific evidence. )

I, for one, am thankful that scientific issues that involve the well being of the population become political issues. A world where we depended soley on the corporate world to police itself would be very dark world indeed.
__________________
NICOLAS MASSU

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007

Last edited by Sparko1030 : 10-17-2007 at 06:27 AM.
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #55
country flag MusicMyst
Registered User
 
MusicMyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land of the Gardenias
Posts: 810
MusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by undomiele View Post
Considering BuddyHolly never cites links to articles and reports he likes to paraphrase, or any real kind of evidence to anything, anytime, anywhere (Worse, he conveniently refuses to even address solid reliable reports on the matter that I and other people have provided links for,) I have long since concluded BuddyHolly is voluntarily ignorant.

He didn't bother to read the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's report, or worse, failed to understand what it means and signifies. Here it is again: it is a panel of scientists from around the world that automatically throw out any kind of questionable evidence on climate change. Yet STILL they conclude human activities are mainly responsible for dire current and UNNATURAL climate changes that will inflict ecological devastation.

But of course this went completely over his head.

I remember a poster a year ago replied to his harebrained assertions and provided a great link to an NOAA report proving a connection between Hurricanes and Global Warming. He didn't even bother to answer the poster. Im 100% sure he didnt read it, cos what are science-based conclusions and facts agreed upon by the vast majority of experts when you're BuddyHolly??

He has no respect for any kind of reliable evidence authored by the experts, and I have yet to see him exert any real effort to quote and link to anything that can even resemble proof to his monkeyhouse opinions in all the time he has posted here.

Its almost sad he's so ridiculous. Its sad to acknowledge people who choose to be ignorant and continually imagine their opinions are on par with the legitimate experts. But ah well, it takes all kinds to make a world I guess.

One just has to see it as entertainment.
Classic ad hominem attack.
MusicMyst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:19 AM   #56
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 13,971
buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by undomiele View Post
Its sad to acknowledge people who choose to be ignorant and continually imagine their opinions are on par with the legitimate experts.
I could never imagine my opinions to be on a par with yours.

But anyway, I am not sure I understand. You seem to be saying that I should always adopt the opinions of the legitimate experts, these being the ones approved by you, I suppose. Because it seems to be the trend on the left to insist that any scientist who says that the causes of global warming are not fully understood can not be considered legitimate and must be silenced. Thus the desperate assertion by the Gore people that the debate is over.

I gave up reading that rag The Guardian when I saw that even their sports pages have to be written with an anti-American bias. How can you consider anything to be reliable in that excuse for a newspaper?
__________________
JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly : 10-17-2007 at 02:37 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:39 AM   #57
Snowwy
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 21,024
Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Just a couple of questions.

Does Gore ever talk about biofuels and their uses?
Does Gore ever mention CO2(greenhouse effect) as a concern in the movie?
__________________
Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:02 AM   #58
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 13,971
buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by undomiele View Post
He didn't bother to read the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's report, or worse, failed to understand what it means and signifies. Here it is again: it is a panel of scientists from around the world that automatically throw out any kind of questionable evidence on climate change.
In the 2001 IPCC report the famous hockey stick graph that showed temperatures rising exponentially in recent and near future years, was printed five times. The graph became the dramatic highlight of Gore's movie and he had to get on a forklift to show us how temperatures were going to rise so fast in the near future.
Since then it was demonstrated that the computer programme that produced the graph was riddled with errors and in the newest IPCC report the graph has been forgotten. A Canadian computer analyst demonstrated that the programme was so biased that even when it was fed random numbers it produced a hockey stick shape. So yes, it is nice to see that the IPCC do eventually throw out their own evidence when it becomes questionable. No word yet on whether Gore will cut the evidence from his ''documentary.''

In the age of Google, giving single references is a bit outdated. Just Google ''hockey stick graph'', ''drowning polar bears'' etc and you will find more reports than you can deal with. How to screen out anything that does not show left-wing bias is something I can not help you with.
__________________
JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 AM   #59
country flag Sparko1030
Registered User
 
Sparko1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The land of sky blue waters
Posts: 10,269
Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

The debate over global warming has been going on for over 30 yrs and yet the right calls for more studies. (I only wish they had demanded as much evidence before we started an unesessary war in Iraq.) And all this worry about the cost-how much have they spent on study after study to get the results they hope will show gobal warming isn't man induced yet? What is implicit in these calls for more studies to prove global warming is human induced is that it hasn't been disproved either. Mabye its time we should accept the concensus of the scientific world that we are having an effect and put the burden proof (or disproof in this case) on the "non-believers". You may now try to prove that the global warming that is taking place is not due to the pollution caused by man.

Maybe if you work hard and build a credible argument,30 yrs from now some former politcian- George W. Bush even-will take up your cause so the world will listen. Who knows, if you are dillagent, you may earn a Nobel Peace prize yourself.
__________________
NICOLAS MASSU

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007

Last edited by Sparko1030 : 10-17-2007 at 06:44 AM.
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #60
country flag undomiele
Registered User
 
undomiele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buenos Aires
Age: 36
Posts: 1,735
undomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Gore and the U.N.'s climate change panel win the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
In the 2001 IPCC report the famous hockey stick graph that showed temperatures rising exponentially in recent and near future years, was printed five times. The graph became the dramatic highlight of Gore's movie and he had to get on a forklift to show us how temperatures were going to rise so fast in the near future.
Since then it was demonstrated that the computer programme that produced the graph was riddled with errors and in the newest IPCC report the graph has been forgotten. A Canadian computer analyst demonstrated that the programme was so biased that even when it was fed random numbers it produced a hockey stick shape. So yes, it is nice to see that the IPCC do eventually throw out their own evidence when it becomes questionable. No word yet on whether Gore will cut the evidence from his ''documentary.''

In the age of Google, giving single references is a bit outdated. Just Google ''hockey stick graph'', ''drowning polar bears'' etc and you will find more reports than you can deal with. How to screen out anything that does not show left-wing bias is something I can not help you with.
Im not believing a single thing you say until you provide links and evidence mentioning that canadian computer analyst, the fact that disproves ipcc report, blah blah blah blah, actually was said and happened.

Do you understand me? Im NOT going to believe ANYTHING you say that isn't quoted or linked somewhere cos it's all just bullshit to my ears when you can't supply the evidence to back it up.

Your word just isn't good enough, capisce? If you say you have the facts on your side, prove it. Otherwise, you're either a big liar or increadibly lazy to find and attach a simple link to a post. In the meantime you have no problem writing 500 word posts.

For the record, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is NOT a left-wing organisation. If you had even bothered to read the monbiot piece you would've read that the Panel is actually very conservative. Don't you get it? ITS A CONSERVATIVE PANEL THAT BELIEVES GLOBAL WARMING IS TRUE.

If you don't believe it is a conservative panel, then prove it!
__________________
MY FAVES: Coria, Nalbandian, Canas, FOXY Ferrero, Guga, Grosjean, Costa, Juan Monaco.
~"There are more people of good conscience on this planet than all the terrorists combined. We must make greater common cause by caring about each other, just as London's bystanders did by aiding the victims after the attacks. In the end, the malignancy of terrorism will be excised because of our humanity." Abramson

~"What's the matter with this embalming fluid? Did somebody spike it with coffee???"
undomiele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios