Argentine Catholic priest receives life sentence - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-10-2007, 04:17 AM   #1
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Argentine Catholic priest receives life sentence

Catholic priest von Wernich, who worked as a police chaplain during the military dictatorship, was found guilty of involvement in seven murders, 31 cases of torture and 42 kidnappings that were part of the genocide perpetrated between 1976 and 1983. He was convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

During months of trial, more than 70 witnesses testified and judges toured former torture centers at police stations with survivors.

He is the first Catholic priest prosecuted in connection with human rights violations in Argentina.

This trial came after the Supreme Court in 2005 annulled a pair of 1980s amnesty laws blocking prosecution of many of those responsible for the killing of an estimated 30,000 people under military rule between 1976 and 1983. They are finally being brought to trial.

We will see what the Catholic Church has to say about this and their behaviour during the last dictatorship, after so many years of silence.

Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 AM   #2
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argentine Catholic priest receives life sentence

What a piece of shit, prison is to good for this guy, I hope he gets what he deserves from his prison mates.

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

It is unbelieveble thet a priest could be involved in genocide and such crimes. He should be excommunicated at once alike Bush and Blair. I don't understand why they are not excommunicated till now. Maybe they belong to a sect. Genocides are the real redundant logs for Christianity and they should be disqualified at once. Besides God will never excuse for such people, who murder, torture other people. It is against will of God. They are condemned and they are servants of only power: of devil and not God.
Of course it is very good that he got life sentence. It is the only thing, who should be done in this case. It does not bring the life of these innocent victims back, but it is a compensation.
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
country flag *Viva Chile*

*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute

And the guy worked later in Chile on a chapel of a northern city with a false name, covered by the catholic church, what is worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw View Post
It is unbelieveble thet a priest could be involved in genocide and such crimes. He should be excommunicated at once alike Bush and Blair. I don't understand why they are not excommunicated till now. Maybe they belong to a sect. Genocides are the real redundant logs for Christianity and they should be disqualified at once. Besides God will never excuse for such people, who murder, torture other people. It is against will of God. They are condemned and they are servants of only power: of devil and not God.
Of course it is very good that he got life sentence. It is the only thing, who should be done in this case. It does not bring the life of these innocent victims back, but it is a compensation.
Bush practices some baptism church religion, and they are extremely republican, so the possibilities or being excommunicated are none.

Blair is a catholic since only a months ago if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Take that you bitch. In your face. And to top it off her son, Novak went out in the 3rd round, has been leapfrogged by Murray in the rankings and is only a little bit ahead off Juan Martin In yo face, biatch.
*Viva Chile* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post

We will see what the Catholic Church has to say about this and their behaviour during the last dictatorship, after so many years of silence.

]
So you mean that the Catholic Church should side with communist thugs?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
What? You are just showing you don't have a clue.

You should read a bit, before making that kind of statements. This wasn't merely a war against communist rebels.

People were held in torture and detention centres, many victims were sedated and dumped from airplanes into the Río de la Plata. Lots of people are still dissapeared.

Many of the thousands tortured and murdered didn't take a part in the armed fight. Students, workers, journalists, teachers, political dissidents, innocent people looking for their dissapeared relatives, even priests and nuns were killed.

The Church remained silent.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
country flag marti_228

marti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Are you stupid?

If you know nothing about Argentinean history, don't try to give an opinion. Reading wikipedia doesn't mean much.

WillyCañas has already explained what I wanted to say.
marti_228 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #8
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats hermanos for punishing the murderers of the dictatorships
Old 10-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #9
country flag NyGeL

NyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
cheap comment, like always.
SF: / / Estoril, Shangai / / / / Stuttgart, Palermo
QF: Brisbane/ Umag, USOpen / / Australia, Nottingham, Olympics, Bangkok / Australia, Sauipe / / Kitzbuhel, Beijing

PAW Rank: 14

FITD Champ: Queens 2010 / Miami, Newport & Stuttgart 2009 / Hamburg & Kitzbuhel 2008
Suicide Champ: Johannesburg 2009
NyGeL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Very good that the Argentines made attempts to clean up the past and punish one of many.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #11
country flag joyk

joyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond repute

Hell yeah!
joyk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote