Gaudio on the comback trail defeated Gil to win the Tunis CH - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gaudio on the comback trail defeated Gil to win the Tunis CH

Not sure how many people care, but after Gaudio was showing OK signs in the recent challengers, his 2007 is over cause of an ankle problem. He might be in doubt for the start of the 2008 season.

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/n...rg-Gaudio.html

GAUDIO HIT BY ANKLE INJURY

Former French Open champion Gaston Gaudio has been ruled out of the rest of the ATP season after suffering a serious ankle ligament injury.

In Napoli last week, the world No 179 was forced to retire from his match against Italy's Federico Luzzi while leading 6-1 4-6 4-3 after twisting his right ankle.

Subsequent scans revealed two of the three ligaments were torn and the 28-year-old is expected to also be ruled out of the start of next season.

"I will have the foot plastered for a month and then we'll see whether surgery is necessary," Gaudio told Argentinian TV station TyC Sports.

At least he can be at home and enjoy watching the Pumas.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 05-03-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaudio tears two ankle ligaments

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
country flag freesbee
Silly Nando Chica!

freesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch I know how much that hurts, so I wish him a speedy recovery.

The Tipsy Chat Thread
Nando's Chicas' and Chico Milan's Chat World
Je suis une Chardette spreading the Cute in the Lovely Thread
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
u shouldnt like people based on hotness
you need to be more like me
freesbee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch, ankle injuries Get well, Gato.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #5
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad for him , tough times he's been through...
I hope he fully recovers, and when he comes back to tennis, I wish him the best as always...

Gato...cuidate y recuperate pronto

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

Not good, at all.
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #7
country flag basil333

basil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayoMassa skadad View Post
Not sure how many people care, but after Gaudio was showing OK signs in the recent challengers, his 2007 is over cause of an ankle problem. He might be in doubt for the start of the 2008 season.

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/n...rg-Gaudio.html

GAUDIO HIT BY ANKLE INJURY

Former French Open champion Gaston Gaudio has been ruled out of the rest of the ATP season after suffering a serious ankle ligament injury.

In Napoli last week, the world No 179 was forced to retire from his match against Italy's Federico Luzzi while leading 6-1 4-6 4-3 after twisting his right ankle.

Subsequent scans revealed two of the three ligaments were torn and the 28-year-old is expected to also be ruled out of the start of next season.

"I will have the foot plastered for a month and then we'll see whether surgery is necessary," Gaudio told Argentinian TV station TyC Sports.

At least he can be at home and enjoy watching the Pumas.
I know alot of people on MTF really care about Gaston and will be saddened to hear this news.

I wish him a full recovery - and hope he returns to the tour fit and well sometime next year.

Stay strong Gaston fans...

Optimism is a wonderful thing - 1 part Optimism is worth 100 parts Pessimism

A parachute is like the mind - it only works when OPEN
basil333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #8
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

He should take as long as he needs to come back and Gaston has been lucky in that before now he has never had a serious injury.

He doesn't normally retire from matches, just cause he is getting thrashed and when leading, usually that is a good sign something is up.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #9
country flag Dimonator133

Dimonator133 has a reputation beyond reputeDimonator133 has a reputation beyond reputeDimonator133 has a reputation beyond reputeDimonator133 has a reputation beyond reputeDimonator133 has a reputation beyond reputeDimonator133 has a reputation beyond reputeDimonator133 has a reputation beyond reputeDimonator133 has a reputation beyond reputeDimonator133 has a reputation beyond reputeDimonator133 has a reputation beyond reputeDimonator133 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayoMassa skadad View Post
Not sure how many people care, but after Gaudio was showing OK signs in the recent challengers, his 2007 is over cause of an ankle problem.
OK signs in recent Challengers!?!??!

If you consider barely winning any matches and getting bageled by players I've never even heard of, then yeah, he was doing "OK" in recent Challengers.

I love Gaston as much as anyone - and the 2004 French was one of the greatest things ever - but he was done well before this injury.
Dimonator133 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #10
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Gato
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #11
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonator133 View Post
OK signs in recent Challengers!?!??!

If you consider barely winning any matches and getting bageled by players I've never even heard of, then yeah, he was doing "OK" in recent Challengers.

I love Gaston as much as anyone - and the 2004 French was one of the greatest things ever - but he was done well before this injury.
He had one bad loss against Koellerer. Well if you want to be a smart arse about it, then be my guest.

Was he in any form this year? Considering where he was coming from. He was actually winning matches in these recent challengers, so therefore it's an improvement. I forgot you might actually try and follow the Challengers, you might learn something.

Even when Gaudio was playing well he got bagelled. That is common knowledge.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #12
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post
He said after a month, the doctors would be able to determine whether or not surgery would be necessary. Is it possible that it would not be if 2 of 3 ligaments were torn?

I'm not an expert on human anatomy, but that just sounds really serious.
Depends on how bad the tears are? He will probably have to be operated on, but if he doesn't, then all the better.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-04-2007, 04:39 PM   #13
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

If the tears aren't too bad, they may heal without surgery by good fysiotherapy
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:41 PM   #14
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Tearing ligaments is a bitch, i've torn ligaments in my shoulder and it is tricky.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #15
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine2 View Post
If the tears aren't too bad, they may heal without surgery by good fysiotherapy
It can heal naturally with rest, but he will definately get physiotherapy.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote